No announcement yet.

Taking A Stand !!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iamboxing

Never watched Moonlight. I did watch Get Out and thought it was great. White people using black people as vessels was hilarious and creepy, I thought. Anyway, the story was entertaining enough to outweigh any underlying political message.
    Right. So if it's well done, then being "woke" won't sink it.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing

No. Entertainment is entertainment.

HBO's Watchmen was hated by a lot of Watchmen fans because Dr Manhattan's race was changed to black (the comic novel and 2009 movie were actually more liberal if they'd paid attention). The story, dialogue and plot of the show was so beautifully crafted, you were too immersed to give two ****s about the politics. It's only when the politics and agenda are so skewed and blatant that you can almost predict what's going to happen next. You can predict, for example, how most Netflix shows will play out just based on the synopsis and actors. They almost break the 4th wall with their transparency.
      So then we agree that "Go woke go broke" is not a fact. It just depends on how well the show is put together.

I don't watch a lot of television (my brother had been trying to get me to watch Watchmen and I completely forgot about it until you mentioned it. I may give it a watch at some point.). I'm certainly not trying to say that all these shows are great, but while the "woke" aspect may turn some people off, it has been shown that these shows can be "woke" and still well done enough to be a financial success.

Comment

These weak, unimaginative, hijacking MFers need to create, FROM THE GROUND UP, their own icons.

Let's look at the history of famous icons created by the hijackers......

!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

That's the problem with those invading MFers. Success takes too long. Taking something that's already a standard and adding bullshlt is the sure shot way.
          Only upside of all this is watching gay superman pound the bum of Anorak
          Rockin' likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by markusmod View Post

Only upside of all this is watching gay superman pound the bum of Anorak
            That's no upside for me though.

Fck them hijackers.

Comment

That's the problem with those invading MFers. Success takes too long. Taking something that's already a standard and adding bullshlt is the sure shot way.
              Plus the resentment from the fans of the original product automatically creates attention which equals short term money
              BodyBagz likes this.

Comment

That's no upside for me though.

Fck them hijackers.
                Seeing Anorak's bum sore for a month is worth it.

Comment

Is "black superman" Steel?

That said, I care a bit more about the loss of Superman's American way. Truth, Justice, and The American Way. That's that fool's slogan. Better tomorrow can kiss my ass. I don't even care if his son be's gay. Even a little bit. Kinda, fits, Supe lost his American Way and now his son is a fruitcake.

BodyBagz likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                    how long does it take the new superman to tape his junk to his taint now before he goes out to fight the bad guys?
                    Dude's gotta think about how his junk might ruin the line of his outerpants, man. That ****'s important. Can't just go out saving the world with unsightly bulges all over the place.

I mean is it only me that thinks in hindsight George Reeves in velvet hotpants over spandex was just slightly fruity in the first place? Reckon y'all were probably played from the start... Kinda like how so many people were shocked (including a myself all those years ago) when it came out that Freddy Mercury was gay despite it having been glaringly obvious to those with just a hint of wordly knowledge. I mean the band was called 'Queen' fux sake, how naive were we?

More innocent time I guess.

p7X_Y7mjOpHnhp7EKkLDfNsp6ClDwhkjQo5eDvAmrfw.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=98b54f8637ed27f563907139b5dde74317d2882f.jpg

Comment

I just dumped a woke turd! I feel so much lighter.

I dedicated it to BLM activists, social justice warriors, people who want reparations, KKK, Lowrider Nazi..

etc

Comment

Working...
                      X