Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taking A Stand !!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prefix_1_title_rich Taking A Stand !!!

Superman colorist quits over comic's embrace of wokness: 'Tired of this s***'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/superman-...211957375.html

Get your own characters you lazy, unimaginative pieces of **** !!!!!!
    man down likes this.

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post
    Superman colorist quits over comic's embrace of wokness: 'Tired of this s***'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/superman-...211957375.html

Get your own characters you lazy, unimaginative pieces of **** !!!!!!
    I think would be better to create new characters rather than jump on the back of old ones.
    BodyBagz likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by markusmod View Post

I think would be better to create new characters rather than jump on the back of old ones.
      That's the problem with those invading MFers. Success takes too long. Taking something that's already a standard and adding bullshlt is the sure shot way.

Comment

They did get their own characters. They created original characters.

The Black Superman is not Clark Kent.

The bisexual (or ****sexual..?) Superman is also not Clark Kent.

There was a Spiderman series where Doc Octopus took over Spiderman's body and went around galavanting as Spiderman. Should that be worthy of outrage, or only if Doc Oc. happened to be Black or gay?
        Last edited by travestyny; 10-21-2021, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing

The Spider-Man series was a one-off and you'll note he was galvanating as Spider-Man - he wasn't actually Spider-Man. Black Superman was absured. In all of these stories, they were contrived, shoehorned, liberal nonsense and they bombed.

Blade was a black anti-hero and did extremely well because he was authentic and original. Supergirl, despite being extremely woke, also did well for 6 years because she was based of a 1984 film and only when she defeated Superman in a battle did the ratings decline and it was cancelled.

It's a cliche now, but Go Woke Go Broke is an absolute fact.
          There's a lot of semantics there, bruh. The point I'm making is that they are separate characters from the original. There was more than one Green Lantern if I remember correctly. Think there might have been more than one Green Goblin. Who cares who puts on a spider costume as long as he or she can stick to a wall, right? But as for being upset that a character has changed, that's not really the case since in these instances it's not like Clark Kent has turned black or turned gay.

Whether the comics do well or not when they are concerned with "woke themes," I don't know, but comic book characters often deal with current events, don't they? I haven't kept up with comics in ages but I'm sure it's somewhat like that.

Pretty sure "Go Woke Go Broke" must be an opinion. Didn't the Lakers win in the bubble with LBJ as their leader? If there is a "woke" basketball player, It would be him.

Comment

how long does it take the new superman to tape his junk to his taint now before he goes out to fight the bad guys?

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post

There's a lot of semantics there, bruh. The point I'm making is that they are separate characters from the original. There was more than one Green Lantern if I remember correctly. Think there might have been more than one Green Goblin. Who cares who puts on a spider costume as long as he or she can stick to a wall, right? But as for being upset that a character has changed, that's not really the case since in these instances it's not like Clark Kent has turned black or turned gay.

Whether the comics do well or not when they are concerned with "woke themes," I don't know, but comic book characters often deal with current events, don't they? I haven't kept up with comics in ages but I'm sure it's somewhat like that.

Pretty sure "Go Woke Go Broke" must be an opinion. Didn't the Lakers win in the bubble with LBJ as their leader? If there is a "woke" basketball player, It would be him.
              Lebron is not woke, he's stupid. type of dude who's always on the first page of a book when they take pictures of him. Forced to get the vaccine by the NBA if he even got it.. He has no idea what he's talking about 99% of the time and he's a sellout to his Chinese overlords

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post

Lebron is not woke, he's stupid. type of dude who's always on the first page of a book when they take pictures of him. Forced to get the vaccine by the NBA if he even got it.. He has no idea what he's talking about 99% of the time and he's a sellout to his Chinese overlords
                I'm sure you would say that about any "woke" person, wouldn't you?

If he doesn't fit the definition of "woke," then you guys are just playing with labels to fit some sort of agenda.

Comment

His son, Jo Kent, is bi-sexual. That, in of itself, is a problem. I don't want my kids reading a comic book in which a superhero sleeps with both genders. It's confusing and disgusting.
                  That's fair. You have to do what you think is best for your kids, so I guess you just shouldn't allow them to read it.

Nah, it's more than just an opinion.

Charlie's Angels - "Elizabeth Banks's reboot of Charlie's Angels was a major flop at the box office, earning just a measly $8.6 million in its opening weekend in the US. At present, the film has made around $55.8 million worldwide, which only just about covers the cost of its production – so at this point, a sequel looks unlikely."

Ocean's 8 - "Sony needed the film to gross at least $300 million to break even; instead, they took a $70 million loss."

Ghostbusters (2016) - "The film grossed $229 million worldwide against its $144 million budget, but because of its combined production, marketing and other costs, it became a box office bomb, with losses of over $70 million."

Last of Us 2 - The Last of Us 2 was Sony's 3rd highest grossing selling game. However sales dropped by 80% once the story was fully played i.e. it featured a tranny no one asked for

There are lots of other examples from the world of comics (The New Warriors) to recent TV shows being cancelled (Y-The Last Man).
                  You forgot one of the highest grossing movies of all time. Black Panther, who is often referred to as a "woke" superhero.

Movies bomb for all sorts of reasons. That Black Panther did so incredibly well disproves that anything "woke" will fail.

Comment

Black Panther is a character from the 60s, he wasn't some modern creation to appease minorities - he had lore and a great back story at that. I didn't like the movie, I though it was too convoluted and silly in parts.

BTW, I don't think a mostly black cast makes something woke (I loved Fresh Prince, Cosby, Coming to America 1). What ruins modern movies is how they're contrived and the political message is shoved in your face. That's why no one liked Coming 2 America.

Blade didn't have to assert his authority over an oppressive hierarchy. It was pure entertainment, he just happened to be black.

Making Superman's son bi-sexual is so transparent and an obvious nod to the LGBT crowd it loses any artistic integrity. And the problem is that they're not even genuine sentiments the writer has, it's just another ploy to deflect any genuine criticism and score virtue points. It shows in how contrived the writing is. Look at how David Chase was able to build empathy for Vito in The Sopranos when he was outed, it wasn't shoe-horned, it was integral to the plot and there was no agenda to normalise or villainise it - he just left it there and allowed the viewer to form their own opinions.
                    So the Black Panther movie wasn't "woke." Doesn't it depend on the subject matter?

Come on, man. There are more examples but now I'm sure you'll just make up other reasons that they don't fit into the conversation. How about "Moonlight" or "Get Out." Both were successful movies.

I do believe that there have been overtures made to the LGBT crowd. Still, it can be done in a way that is enjoyable to some. I mean if it's shlt, then it should do poorly regardless of whom they attempt to kiss up to.

Comment

Working...
                    X