Is Cancel Culture Ruining Comedy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Cancel Culture Ruining Comedy?

[Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

I don't follow comedy as much as I'd like, how is it nowadays, I know some comics get in trouble and not sure why...explain like I'm 5
    Last edited by iamboxing; 10-22-2021, 01:24 PM.

Yup.

I want to hear jokes about gays and Muslims.

Not this woke ****

Comment

Netflix giving any Tom, Dick or Harry a special doesn't help either. Stand up is pretty generic today.

Comment

It did ruin it.

When you have comedians of all races and backgrounds saying so, it has to be true.

Guys like Dave Chappelle, Andrew Schultz and Kevin Hart have spoken out against it.

Andrew Schultz is a savage though, he doesn’t care. More comedians needs to be like him and Dave Chapelle.

Comment

Not completely, since comics like Dave Chapelle are starting to push back against it. Loved it in his SNL set when the crowd seemed to pull back and Dave goes "oh I'm sorry Lorne (Michaels), I thought this was a comedy show." That's what comedians have to keep doing, doubling down on their material because the real fans will stick around and only the fake ass ones will get offended.

Comment

It's Libtards that are ruining everything.
            Brother Mouzone likes this.

Comment

It has certainly negatively affected main stream comedy. We just have to spend more time now seeking out lesser known people that target specific audiences and our respective funny bones.

Comment

Originally posted by 2shameless View Post
                It has certainly negatively affected main stream comedy. We just have to spend more time now seeking out lesser known people that target specific audiences and our respective funny bones.
                Who do you find funny homeboy?

Comment

I mean we all complain about people being snowflakes and what not because we tend to offend gays and muslims. but if we gonna do a certain joke on a certain group it all have to be fair with every group. blacks make fun of white people and other race but other race should be able to make fun of em as well without getting their feelings hurt.
                  Zaroku likes this.

Comment

Fat unfunny hacks like Bert Kreishcher and his crew of goons are ruining comedy to be honest. Also Netflix for giving anyone and every one a special.

Comment

Working...
                    X