No announcement yet.

Well another one is coming true.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post

Job requirements change over time. Meet them or find another job.
    I don't know about US law but in the UK an employer unilaterally imposing changes to the terms of an employee's employment contract gives grounds for an employee to seek damages for constructive dismissal from either the civil courts or Employment Tribunal. So no, job requirements can't just change unless the employee explicitly consents to them or if there are mechanisms for changing them expressly included in the terms of the employment contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post

I don't know about US law but in the UK an employer unilaterally imposing changes to the terms of an employee's employment contract gives grounds for an employee to seek damages for constructive dismissal from either the civil courts or Employment Tribunal. So no, job requirements can't just change unless the employee explicitly consents to them or if there are mechanisms for changing them expressly included in the terms of the employment contract.
      Interesting topic this one and one Ive touched in passing a couple times before, it does look like we've got slightly stronger employment protections in many areas than they do in the US though of course recent trends towards temporary or zero hours contracts across parts of the workforce are steadily weakening these protections especially in low paid sectors.

statement from the RCN here suggesting that whilst they are very much behind vaccination are also against mandating them under emergency rules... Which does however suggest that a mandate is legally possible (I think one might have actually been placed on workers in care homes although that is a sector with a notoriously high turnover and poor protections so it's possible government would be less concerned about push back)

https://www.rcn.org.uk/about-us/our-...ial-care-staff

In general you'd be correct in the UK though, you might be able to slot a mandate requirement into a condition of employment for new hirees but changing existing contracts is more problematic.

I think our American cousins should perhaps have fought harder to protect their own employment rights over the last 40 years or so of neo-loberal attacks on unions and employment security. Bit late now however, although I do disagree with mandates.

Sad thing is mandates would likely not have been considered necessary in the first place if it hadn't been for the torrent of misinformation coming out of certain segments of the US media and being amplified by social media. There would have been some resistance, sure, but far, far less.

Comment

"Dark times" was your prediction, no? Life seems OK for now.

Comment

The vaccines are objectively safe and effective. No one should be mandated to take them, however, they absolutely and undoubtedly work.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
            The vaccines are objectively safe and effective. No one should be mandated to take them, however, they absolutely and undoubtedly work.
            man down ......

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
              "Dark times" was your prediction, no? Life seems OK for now.
              Ok?? Do you not see what is going on? nothing is better right now.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                Really Jim? Why is it that there's no FDA approval except for the EUA? If it was approved we could sue for side effects and they wouldn't want that huh because we would see the numbers of issues. Why are countries cutting off the vaccine at 30 and under? Why are some countries doing away with them all together because of side effects?

It's ok I made these topics so we can bump them up later. Just like I said about inflation and was laughed at on here. Or the freight issues that were coming that I was laughed at on here. Or Biden being elected and that WE were laughed about on here. I mean I just posted a article saying it's not safe but it is? How does that work?
                watch the video half way down the page.

https://by-julietbonnay.com/2021/10/...-good-science/

It's ok time will prove who's wrong and right and I'll bump this one up later also.
                revelated likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  Man you got to let it go. Get vaxxed or don't get vaxxed.
                  You say that like it's a choice.

Your President threatened Americans and put a totalitarian executive order forcing it in direct violation of the Nuremburg Code, then celebrated when hospitals laid off front line workers - after spreading fear about not having not enough workers and beds - and then went so far as to ban these people from unemployment, all the while welcoming illegal immigrants and telling them they didn't need to get the jab.

I just talked to a company who even refused to consider religious exemptions, directly violating the Civil Rights Act, with no F's given.
                  Last edited by revelated; 10-17-2021, 03:19 PM.
                  GhostofDempsey and man down like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post

Interesting topic this one and one Ive touched in passing a couple times before, it does look like we've got slightly stronger employment protections in many areas than they do in the US though of course recent trends towards temporary or zero hours contracts across parts of the workforce are steadily weakening these protections especially in low paid sectors.

statement from the RCN here suggesting that whilst they are very much behind vaccination are also against mandating them under emergency rules... Which does however suggest that a mandate is legally possible (I think one might have actually been placed on workers in care homes although that is a sector with a notoriously high turnover and poor protections so it's possible government would be less concerned about push back)

https://www.rcn.org.uk/about-us/our-...ial-care-staff

In general you'd be correct in the UK though, you might be able to slot a mandate requirement into a condition of employment for new hirees but changing existing contracts is more problematic.

I think our American cousins should perhaps have fought harder to protect their own employment rights over the last 40 years or so of neo-loberal attacks on unions and employment security. Bit late now however, although I do disagree with mandates.

Sad thing is mandates would likely not have been considered necessary in the first place if it hadn't been for the torrent of misinformation coming out of certain segments of the US media and being amplified by social media. There would have been some resistance, sure, but far, far less.
                    Yeah people were concerned so yes we have to mandate it! I mean yeah why would anyone stop and think hmm 6 months of trials yeah I'll have some of that! We know covid has a 99% survival rate but I'm sure big pharm got this 100% spot on in that short amount of time.
                    Oh wait,
                    It has a 95% success rate. NOT

You can't get covid with the Vax!
                    NOT

But you can't spread it if you do get it.
                    NOT

But you can't die from it.
                    NOT

But there very few side effects.
                    NOT

But there's a small chance you will have to go to the hospital.
                    NOT

But you won't have to wear a mask!
                    NOT

But we will give you a booster!
                    CDC "we hope it works but we don't know if it will."
                    BUT wait, I thought the Vax itself worked? Why the need for boosters?

But we'll enter you into a lotto and give you doughnuts and weed and a bunch of other stuff if you take it!
                    WHY do you need to bribe me? The virus has a 99% survival rate.

We'll give it to Israel, Singapore and Iceland and see how it goes as a study. You know because these are smaller countries.
                    Oh chit it's going bad! Ok we have to mandate this! Lol

Countries are saying no more jabs for people under 30 because of side effects.
                    Meh, let's give it to kids!
                    Oh and let's say you can get a booster for Pfizer and Moderna ever six months! JJ two months after your first jab. TWO MONTHS! But I thought this was the main one that caused blood clots?

Two heads of the FDA vaccine panel quit. Why?

FDA says no need for boosters below age 65 because of side effects.
                    CDC, naw we don't follow the science I'm going to overrule that!

Oh and BTW Joe told us a couple days ago they already bought enough vaccines for for 5 and up children. It's not approved yet but what the hell for some odd reason he's so sure it will be that he already ordered enough. Lol.

Oh and where's the EO number for the mandate? People are trying to sue but they can't because there's no EO. Would this be another lie to get people to think, well I have to get it because Biden said it will be a mandate so what the hell might as well get it done!

LOL this will be fun to look back on.
                    Last edited by man down; 10-17-2021, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

You say that like it's a choice.

Your President threatened Americans and put a totalitarian executive order forcing it in direct violation of the Nuremburg Code, then celebrated when hospitals laid off front line workers - after spreading fear about not having not enough workers and beds - and then went so far as to ban these people from unemployment, all the while welcoming illegal immigrants and telling them they didn't need to get the jab.

I just talked to a company who even refused to consider religious exemptions, directly violating the Civil Rights Act, with no F's given.
                      The president of the United States lied to Americans and said this is FDA approved now. Yeah? Why when you call Pfizer do they said its not? If it was why can't someone sue for adverse side effects?
                      https://rumble.com/vnm3kg-pfizer-is-...-approved.html

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ron-jo...-covid-vaccine

We wouldn't want to approve something so people could sue right. Then we would get real numbers of side effects. Why wouldn't they want that?

Comment

Working...
                      X