No announcement yet.

Scotch or whiskey?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post

Civilized little girls eat their steak well done during their tea parties.
    You mean women. The civilized women and I eat well done steak and ginger tea.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Yeah Laphroaig was next on my list after I finish this bottle of Lagavulin. I've heard great things about Laphroaig.

Thanks, Koba. Good stuff.

'

Will add it to the list. Thanks Rockin'.

Alright I don't want to argue about this with you, because I think we've been down this road before on this (plus this is a bourbon vs scotch thread anyway), but...virtually every single renowned, professional chef on the planet would strongly disagree with you. But hey if you enjoy your steaks well done, then more power to you.
      Well done!

You eat p-ssy on cycle too?

Comment

Scotch here....my weekend sipper is Lagavulin 16 as well and I have Balvenie Portwood 21 for special occasions. Im a novice but I know I prefer the heavy peat'd/smokey scotches and heard laphroaig was up that alley as well as some have suggested. Either that or I might try Oban or Talisker next....Do love pretty much any Bourbon barrel aged stout as well but just can't get into drinking it straight,idk.
        Mike D likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post

Louis X1V in the case, with baccarat glasses and cohiba cigars.

My wife was an exec at Baccarat Japan, and she bought me a gift when she moved to selling diamonds.

Doraemon

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163083341564

I got this from my wife when we met. I gave her stolen diamonds. I don’t steal anymore.

utterly useless gifts that people value.
          I will be drinking this one day with you!
          Zaroku likes this.

Comment

Barley, corn, rye or even wheat. It's all whiskey. Canadian whisky doesn't use the e either though haha...

They are all quite different and there are have many expressions of each that are very good. Learn about different mash bill's for bourbon as there is a lot of variety in that whiskey too.

Scotch definitely has the most robust flavours and different regional types and notes and flavours you will experience, Bourbon being a close second and Rye a distant third. Usual a mixer but there's a lot more nice rye coming out these days. Heck, this year Alberta Premium Cask strength rye won the best Whisky in the world in 2021 by the fairly respected Jim Murray.

Also, you can make scotch and bourbon anywhere in the world but you can't call them that unless they come out of their respective countries of origin. Both are very regulated industries by the government. Hence your bottled in bond 50% bourbons and such and the scotch law are even more stringent. Even in Canada and most places I'm sure, a spirit has to be 3 years aged at least to even be considered whisky. Must be a hard distilling business to get into, hence why most places in BC start with vodka/gin. Since I think gin is just vodka with a bunch of plant botalicals soaked in it lol... Companies focus on that while making the whiskey slowly in the background to release when ready.

I don't drink much anymore but I've tried almost everything that's commonly available and under like $200.

Still looking for that elusive bottle of Pappy Van Winkle though, never manage to win the lotteries to buy one here
            Mike D likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
              Barley, corn, rye or even wheat. It's all whiskey. Canadian whisky doesn't use the e either though haha...

They are all quite different and there are have many expressions of each that are very good. Learn about different mash bill's for bourbon as there is a lot of variety in that whiskey too.

Scotch definitely has the most robust flavours and different regional types and notes and flavours you will experience, Bourbon being a close second and Rye a distant third. Usual a mixer but there's a lot more nice rye coming out these days. Heck, this year Alberta Premium Cask strength rye won the best Whisky in the world in 2021 by the fairly respected Jim Murray.

Also, you can make scotch and bourbon anywhere in the world but you can't call them that unless they come out of their respective countries of origin. Both are very regulated industries by the government. Hence your bottled in bond 50% bourbons and such and the scotch law are even more stringent. Even in Canada and most places I'm sure, a spirit has to be 3 years aged at least to even be considered whisky. Must be a hard distilling business to get into, hence why most places in BC start with vodka/gin. Since I think gin is just vodka with a bunch of plant botalicals soaked in it lol... Companies focus on that while making the whiskey slowly in the background to release when ready.

I don't drink much anymore but I've tried almost everything that's commonly available and under like $200.

Still looking for that elusive bottle of Pappy Van Winkle though, never manage to win the lotteries to buy one here
              Pretty informative post,thanks. There's a series on Netflix called "Heist" and of the episodes is about that whole Pappy Van Winkle theft,think the episode is called PappyGate or something like that. Pretty good watch if you haven't seen it.
              YoungManRumble likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post

Well done!

You eat p-ssy on cycle too?
                Like I said, if you like it overcooked, then more power to you. I'm very much a believer in the to each their own philosophy. And not to judge anyone for their preferences. Enjoy your steak however you want it, buddy.

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post
                Scotch here....my weekend sipper is Lagavulin 16 as well and I have Balvenie Portwood 21 for special occasions. Im a novice but I know I prefer the heavy peat'd/smokey scotches and heard laphroaig was up that alley as well as some have suggested. Either that or I might try Oban or Talisker next....Do love pretty much any Bourbon barrel aged stout as well but just can't get into drinking it straight,idk.
                Had another small glass of Lagavulin last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Going to have to put Balvenie Portwood 21 on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Like I said, if you like it overcooked, then more power to you. I'm very much a believer in the to each their own philosophy. And not to judge anyone for their preferences. Enjoy your steak however you want it, buddy.

Had another small glass of Lagavulin last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Going to have to put Balvenie Portwood 21 on the list.
                  So I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post

Pretty informative post,thanks. There's a series on Netflix called "Heist" and of the episodes is about that whole Pappy Van Winkle theft,think the episode is called PappyGate or something like that. Pretty good watch if you haven't seen it.
                    Yeah I had heard about that but haven't seen it. I'll have to check it out. A good thing to steal lol.. You can even make a tidy profit just by buying that **** to resell privately it's so hard to get sometimes.

For American whiskey you guys should try George T Stagg or the Stagg Jr. or Sazerac 18 or the normal Sazerac is really good even. Both those have the more rare version expensive version listed first.

I've only tried one pure wheat whiskey. Dry Fly it's called. It tasted strange to me at first but it grew on me eventually. Pappy and Makers Mark are wheated bourbons opposed to mixed with rye for an example of how it doesn't have that spiciness to it.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post

So I thought.

Comment

Working...
                      X