No announcement yet.

Scotch or whiskey?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    I prefer scotch. By a wide margin probably. But to each their own. I just recently was recommended (very highly) to try Lagavulin 16', and yeah, I was impressed. The bottle was over 100 bucks and I'd buy it again. A bottle lasts me a while though. When I buy a quality bottle of something, I savor it as opposed to getting hammered off it. I'll just have a small sipping glass of it a couple of times a month while I'm drinking other stuff.

Does the lounge prefer bourbon/whiskey or scotch? Or neither?
    I’m going to use your pretty azz honkey azz to draw in j fun slutszz

when you wake I’ll make sure a tranny is there with a strap on

be a ****ing man, go hoe-ing with real mo men… social justice putos need not apply…

berrcules is my number 1 draft pick… he will learn by the numbers and I will teach him.

What I lack in rap skills…. I make up for I. Real chit…

Mike D likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by VegasMichael View Post

I much prefer Scotch whisky to whiskies. Laphroaig is great. Nice smoky flavor. Great with smoked almonds, cheese or salmon.
      Yeah Laphroaig was next on my list after I finish this bottle of Lagavulin. I've heard great things about Laphroaig.

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post

Delve into some of the differences here, more to do with local conditions (and legislation) and the grain types used (Americans lean heavy on corn, Canadians on rye and Scots on barley), local water, and traditions and the different casks used in aging.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...nical-file.pdf

https://food.ndtv.com/food-drinks/am...erence-1465627
      Thanks, Koba. Good stuff.

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      Drambuie, sipped...................Rockin'
      [Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]
      '

Will add it to the list. Thanks Rockin'.

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post

Well done or feed it to lower-level animals. Civilized folks properly cook their food.
      Alright I don't want to argue about this with you, because I think we've been down this road before on this (plus this is a bourbon vs scotch thread anyway), but...virtually every single renowned, professional chef on the planet would strongly disagree with you. But hey if you enjoy your steaks well done, then more power to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post
        I always though scotch was whiskey tbh.

I like Irish Whiskey the most.
        Well it kind of is... if you take whiskey and the addition of malts, peet, etc, you essentially have Scotch. Bourbon is whiskey brewed from corn, Rye... speaks for itself...

Comment

Enjoy either, shoutout to bourbon though!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

I know lol but I swear, they are not exactly the same. They're similar but different.
            So Scotch is whiskey but the Scottish (Scotch) roast peet and other such things that create the unique flavors of a distinct (single malt) scotch. Blended scotch is just taking a few of those unique blends and mixing them. Whisley can be brewed from different grains. Rye whiskey has a taste, Bourbon is corn, which has a taste that is distinct. If a take a spirit and fortify it with more sugar, I make a Liqueur. So Dambue which is a liquor flavored like scotch, is fortified with honey I believe. If you fortify a wine with fruits, sugars etc you get a cognac, or Brandy...if you use cheap sugars you get Night train! or mad dog 20/20! Guaranteed to make one NOT see 20/20!

Comment

All of the above, my friend.
              Mike D likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Well it kind of is... if you take whiskey and the addition of malts, peet, etc, you essentially have Scotch. Bourbon is whiskey brewed from corn, Rye... speaks for itself...
                Interesting.

In the UK what you guys call whiskey we just call bourbon. Makers Mark, Buffalo trace etc.

What we call Whiskey you call scotch!

You say tomato we say potato

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post

You had me with rum and lost me big time at well done steak. WTF dude.

And whiskey over scotch big time. Not even a contest.
                  Yup! Eww burnt steak nasty. Med/rare with a glass of wamred up brandy....

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post

Interesting.

In the UK what you guys call whiskey we just call bourbon. Makers Mark, Buffalo trace etc.

What we call Whiskey you call scotch!

You say tomato we say potato
                    American Whiskey= Whiskey brewed from corn= Bourbon
                    Many individuals call any blended whiskey "scotch."

Comment

Vodka >>>>>>>>>
                      Szef likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X