Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scotch or whiskey?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prefix_33_title_rich Scotch or whiskey?

I prefer scotch. By a wide margin probably. But to each their own. I just recently was recommended (very highly) to try Lagavulin 16', and yeah, I was impressed. The bottle was over 100 bucks and I'd buy it again. A bottle lasts me a while though. When I buy a quality bottle of something, I savor it as opposed to getting hammered off it. I'll just have a small sipping glass of it a couple of times a month while I'm drinking other stuff.

Does the lounge prefer bourbon/whiskey or scotch? Or neither?

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    I prefer scotch. By a wide margin probably. But to each their own. I just recently was recommended (very highly) to try Lagavulin 16', and yeah, I was impressed. The bottle was over 100 bucks and I'd buy it again. A bottle lasts me a while though. When I buy a quality bottle of something, I savor it as opposed to getting hammered off it. I'll just have a small sipping glass of it a couple of times a month while I'm drinking other stuff.

Rum and my steak must be well done!
    Zaroku likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post

Rum and my steak must be well done!
      You had me with rum and lost me big time at well done steak. WTF dude.

And whiskey over scotch big time. Not even a contest.
      billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Scotch is a bit more of a refinement than whiskey because it involves malts and peets and other agents. But all the high end spirits are essentially better because of age and distillation. Neutral spirits are not as important. a mean... the best vodka in the world is smoother because it is distilled more... there is no "taste" and if you take cheaper vodka and put it in the freezer it tastes very smooth...thats what the Russians do.

Gin is differnt for the same reasons. It has junniper berries and other botanicals that make a real difference in taste and smoothness. Beefeater is one of my favorite Gins, I feel it is smoother than even some of the high end stuff like Bombay Saphire.

I am also fond of real Tequila and Absinthe. Both have a lot of elements that make them taste different.

scotch is a drink that also takes complexity and time and this naturally cost money. so it makes sense.
        Citizen Koba and Mike D like this.

Comment

For me it's a good glass of cognac.
          Mike D and Zaroku like this.

Comment

Do you drink to get drunk, to entertain guests, or for special occasions?

I had to give up the drinking..

some drink to remember
            some drink to forget.

drinking is a bad habit…
            like plowing skanks
            smoking meth
            freebasing coke
            going skinless in filipina/Thai hoes.

thank God I never got AIDS, Hepatitus B or C

or the bull head clap.
            billeau2 likes this.

Comment

I always though scotch was whiskey tbh.

I like Irish Whiskey the most.
              Zaroku likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by markusmod View Post
                For me it's a good glass of cognac.
                Louis X1V in the case, with baccarat glasses and cohiba cigars.

My wife was an exec at Baccarat Japan, and she bought me a gift when she moved to selling diamonds.

Doraemon

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163083341564

I got this from my wife when we met. I gave her stolen diamonds. I don’t steal anymore.

utterly useless gifts that people value.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post

I like Irish Whiskey the most.
                  Me too. You are not alone bro. I can’t taste the difference between expensive stuff and cheap stuff.

I can taste it it cigars, coffee, and sushi.

if a bar tender went to Costco and bought a big bottle of scotch/whisky — decanted it into smaller bottles, I’d never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post
                    Nah. They can be similar in many respects, but I'd say they're more like cousins than twins or exact replicas of one another.

Comment

Working...
                    X