Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any of you find outer space extremely weird and surreal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Butt stuff View Post

Yeah a celestial being or beings would certainly count as extra terrestrial. Any life that originates off planet basically.

A celestial being could even be extra-dimensional etc.
    since he is outside of the universe (something he created)
    God would certainly qualify as extra-dimensional and exist out side of the universe he created. The possibility even probability of other dimensions woulld be due to God's dsign of all things that exist.

Comment

So that they can create a lab up there to perform experiments in the moon. It will also be invaluable as a low gravity, off-planet base.

It’ll be much more incredibly efficient to launch a rocket/payload from the moon than it would from Earth, if we’re able to get the resources we need there.
      Might be better to spend the trillions of dollars it would cost on housing and feeding humas here on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by OldTerry View Post

Might be better to spend the trillions of dollars it would cost on housing and feeding humas here on earth.
        Seems like two completely unrelated subjects - I mean you could say the same about the amount of money and resource spent on sport, fashion, cars, long distance travel etc.

I bet if you calculated the cost of all those things then a moon base would pale in comparison. You could probably set up several moon bases with the amount of avoided tax in the western world alone.

Not to mention it could be a private company that establishes the first extra terrestrial base.

And not to nit pick, but the money the US and UK government spend on tackling homelessness is a huge amount, and massively wasted. Their approach should be more along the lines of the Amsterdam model where they decriminalise, rehabilitate and offenders are forced to learn skills and earn their own housing.

Comment

I believe in the beginning God spoke and according to the Torah said let their be light …
          I know math and physics and to me… it’s Gods language…

look at our models (our best guesses)

when in doubt
          I always return to the word in the Hebrew torah … most Nobel prize Jews get inspiration from the Torah

please look OG Moses Maimonides

Comment

Seems like two completely unrelated subjects - I mean you could say the same about the amount of money and resource spent on sport, fashion, cars, long distance travel etc.

I bet if you calculated the cost of all those things then a moon base would pale in comparison. You could probably set up several moon bases with the amount of avoided tax in the western world alone.

Not to mention it could be a private company that establishes the first extra terrestrial base.

And not to nit pick, but the money the US and UK government spend on tackling homelessness is a huge amount, and massively wasted. Their approach should be more along the lines of the Amsterdam model where they decriminalise, rehabilitate and offenders are forced to learn skills and earn their own housing.
            Just think about how much the plight of the world's hungry impoverished masses could be improve if all the time, money and intellectual capital went toward helping them instead of satisfying people's selfish wishful thinking.

Comment

Just think about how much the plight of the world's hungry impoverished masses could be improve if all the time, money and intellectual capital went toward helping them instead of satisfying people's selfish wishful thinking.
              I totally agree, I wish everyone could focus more on that and work together.

But the pursuit of science isn’t always a mindless operation - there were loads of life saving tech developed directly as a result of the space race; CAT scanners, infra red thermometers etc etc.

Comment

I totally agree, I wish everyone could focus more on that and work together.

But the pursuit of science isn’t always a mindless operation - there were loads of life saving tech developed directly as a result of the space race; CAT scanners, infra red thermometers etc etc.
                You do have a point.

Comment

It’s kinda a Judaic thing, but hard core rabbi will say God speaks to us via dreams, visions, etc

if God ever spoke to me…. I’d die on the spot…

when ancient Hebrew ppl were highly observant

they would tie a kinda rope around the top guys waist…

if God accepted the offering … the rope and the chief rabbi’s clothing were white.

if the offering was unacceptable … burnt corpse and red twine/rope was pulled out

Comment

I'm sure the can actually do what you say. The question they undoubtedly ask themselves is why do it?
                    I suppose they answer their own question this way. If they can...and they do...they can then use that as a launching pad to get to the next closest planet and from there onto the next. It's unrealistic to keep shooting for somewhere that's 20 years travel away and think that that person could genuinely come back. In order to cross space you are going to need a bridge or at least some stepping stones. At the moment we can shoehorn about 4 people into a spaceship. We are a thousand years off flying somewhere in a resort sized ship similar to the ones they show in movies. You know...with non gravitational dining rooms and showers and queen sized beds for the captain.

Comment

All the brains and all the money in the world won't help someone who won't help themselves.

Comment

Working...
                      X