20 Rep Squats and Milk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prefix_1_title_rich 20 Rep Squats and Milk

*Note to mods*

Please leave this thread in the lounge and not move it to health and fitness. I prefer discussing this stuff with lounge virgins who are just like me . Gracias!

Hey dudes,

I am currently doing the 20 rep squat routine and i must say that damn this is a brutal routine. The routine is below:

Warm up and Stretch - Very important

1 x 20 squats , super setting with 1 x 20 dumbell/barbell pull overs to expand the rib cage

3 x 12 barbell press behind neck

1 x 15 barbell shrug

3 x 12 barbell bench press

3 x 15 barbell bent over row

1 x 15 stiff legged dead lift

1 x 20 pull overs

* additional work *

I have added in 2 sets of barbell curls or close grip chin ups to failure and 2 sets of 15 hammer curls

This is done 3 times a week

My diet looks like this:

Breakfast:

Eggs
    Toast
    Tea
    1 Pint of whole milk .

Lunch:

Grilled Lamb chops
    Hash Browns
    Beans
    1 Pint Whole milk

Supper:

Grilled Lamb chops
    Hash Browns
    Beans
    1 Pint Whole milk

The meals with lamb chops mostly come out to around 1100 Kcals, so big meals. Coupled with calories i get from the Whole milk , i get around 3000+ kcals a day. I got almost 4000 Calories and around 180grams of protien on one occasion. I ate like a monster and the routine makes you hungry af!

Sometimes my dad will make brown rice and chicken breasts so will get stuck into those too.

I also eat the odd burgers here and there depending on the day plus 1 or 2 snickers bars with more pints of whole milk.

I try to do GOMAD ( 1 gallon of milk a day ) , this works out to like 8 pints of whole fat milk a day. I can manage around 4, sometimes 5 pints a day.

I went from around 131-133ish to around 146lb in about 5 weeks so far, insha allah going to get alot bigger and stronger as i progress.

Things i have noticed:

Little fat gain. This is very noticeable. The fat gain has been minimal. I did other routines before like 5x5 and some 3 day splits in the past and gained a fair bit of fat during the programmes.

I think the reason was that i would use supplements like mass gainers and protien powders. I believe the milk is perfect for building mass. It is whole fat milk, full fat.

I think its a perfect blend of nutrients, carbs, fats and of course protiens that puts on very little fat compared to protien powders which contain a lot of artificial shyt.

All in all, brutal routine but my shoulders and chest especially have never been so full and i am not even done with the programme yet!

Please share if you have done this routine or anything simmilar. Thanks brothers!
    Last edited by i_am_a_champ; 09-29-2021, 07:14 AM.

who cares tho ?

Comment

20 squats and milk?

Sounds like a recipe for taking good shts fam.

Shalom

Lamb chops are bomb though. I like lamb and bison meat.
      Mike D, Butt stuff and jaded like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Split Decision View Post
        who cares tho ?
        3c228df4869cfaac9e7b895431c8f904.jpg
        PeepeePoopooMan likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
          20 squats and milk?

Shalom

Lamb chops are bomb though. I like lamb and bison meat.

[Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

Check it out, its pretty tight

Heres the old book:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SUPER-SQUAT.../dp/B005KCKT0Y

20 rep squats with increasing weight each session, are a total killer. I am lifting more than my body weight now. By rep 10 you are more or less done. You must pause and breathe 3-5 breaths and then keep pumping out single reps until you hit 20. You feel dizzy and sometimes think you are gonna pass out but the growth you get is huge!
          Willy Wanker likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by i_am_a_champ View Post

[Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

Check it out, its pretty tight

Heres the old book:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SUPER-SQUAT.../dp/B005KCKT0Y

20 rep squats with increasing weight each session, are a total killer. I am lifting more than my body weight now. By rep 10 you are more or less done. You must pause and breathe 3-5 breaths and then keep pumping out single reps until you hit 20. You feel dizzy and sometimes think you are gonna pass out but the growth you get is huge!
            I might try that routine someday, I like to switch things up. But I get bored doing the same workouts every session.

I was doing full body workouts like that, 3 days a week. But I did combination of 5x5 for heavy lifts (bench, squat, deadlifts) with high reps (15-20) accessory workouts. Like a powerbuilding routine. 3 days a week, so 3 different routines a week. Squat and bench twice a week (Monday and Friday) and deadlifts on Wednesday.

Just recently switched back to splits last month. Full body workouts take longer usually.

But I still squat twice a week, heavy 5x8 on Monday, and lighter box squats (sit down squats) 4x12 on Friday. Yeah Fridays are almost harder though, those 4 extra reps are killer even with lighter weights.

So you squat 3 times a week, but only one set?

I tried doing my own weight last year 20x, no joke. I'm only 165-170. It was box squats though, regular squats probably won't be as hard. With box squats after you sit, you're basically lifting dead weight from a sit down position. With regular squats you have momentum from the up and down motion.

Comment

Originally posted by willy wanker View Post
              20 squats and milk?

Shalom
              lol...............
              Butt stuff likes this.

Comment

That's an awful lot of milk

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post

I might try that routine someday, I like to switch things up. But I get bored doing the same workouts every session.

I was doing full body workouts like that, 3 days a week. But I did combination of 5x5 for heavy lifts (bench, squat, deadlifts) with high reps (15-20) accessory workouts. Like a powerbuilding routine. 3 days a week, so 3 different routines a week. Squat and bench twice a week (Monday and Friday) and deadlifts on Wednesday.

Just recently switched back to splits last month. Full body workouts take longer usually.

But I still squat twice a week, heavy 5x8 on Monday, and lighter box squats (sit down squats) 4x12 on Friday. Yeah Fridays are almost harder though, those 4 extra reps are killer even with lighter weights.

So you squat 3 times a week, but only one set?

I tried doing my own weight last year 20x, no joke. I'm only 165-170. It was box squats though, regular squats probably won't be as hard. With box squats after you sit, you're basically lifting dead weight from a sit down position. With regular squats you have momentum from the up and down motion.
                  Good to hear brother wanker. Do you reckon the routine you have right now is giving you the results you want ?

Box squats i havent done yet but seem hard the way you describe it. Ive seen it in some youtube videos, shyt seems hard.

Yeah i basically do the squatting ( 1 x 20 reps ) with the routine for 3 times a week , Monday wednesday and friday, now ive dropped friday and do smaller sets.

I have added 2 x 8 of front squats to the session too. Even though i am demolished by the 1 x 20 back squats, i rest and recover and then do 2 x 8 front squats.

IMO front squats are ****ing amazing. Love them.

the 1 x 20 rep squat anihilates you. You choose a weight that you know you can only do 8-10 reps with. Usually on my sets i am feeling like re-racking the bar onto the cage after about rep 8-9 sometimes. Thats when you just stand there and breathe, 3-5 big breaths and pump out another rep. Keep going. Your mind will tell you to end the set.

By about 15 reps i am like damn this needs to end and i need to stop this. I am usually screaming out the last 3-4 reps. from reps 16 to 20 im like "ARRGHHHHHHH" and pumping them out.

i tried on some old jeans. Damn they dont fit and my azz looks like its busting out of the seams. My quads havent been as big in a long time.

The milk goes hand in hand with the routine, i.e squats and milk. I am experiencing great growth.

Brother wanker if you did this routine you would probably pack on about 15-20lbs in about 6 weeks. The weight is getting heavier now and its brutal to complete 20 reps

more info here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUS5bu-CHxw

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                    That's an awful lot of milk
                    Whole fat milk is recommended. it is actually very good. Ive not experienced growth like this when i used protien powders.

https://www.jackedfactory.com/blogs/...ss-with-squats

Comment

Working...
                    X