No announcement yet.

Anybody Thinking About Being a Boxer Should See Jerry Quarry and Many Others

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post

The black folks that I know own combs and brushes. Not only do they own combs and brushes but they also use them. Nappy messy haired MFn' loser. Lol.

Post up a pic of your muscular wet noodle arms, lmfao.............Rockin'
    Oh. So Rastafarians are who you hate?

Like I said, I would beat you without using my right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post

Go pay to go to comedy show. You bald-headed dixie pixie.
      Not terrible, I may just check out one of those corny cruise line deals with a magician and a stand up. If I did though, it'd be to barbados cause jamaica still sucks euro boots.
      Rockin' likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post

Not terrible, I may just check out one of those corny cruise line deals with a magician and a stand up. If I did though, it'd be to barbados cause jamaica still sucks euro boots.
        Waste yo' money.

Barbados aint got sh-t on us. They are 1/32 of us.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
          All of the Quarry brothers came to pretty much the same end. Maybe someday we will identify a genetic marker for people especially susceptible to that kind of damage, as opposed to people like Jake LaMotta, Larry Holmes or George Foreman.
          These guys are the exception, not the rule. Just think about it - Ali, Robinson, Armstrong, Joe Louis all had pugilist dementia and they are all time greats. Wilfredo Benitez retired at 32 and he went back to his mom to take care of him cause his brain was completely scrambled. These guys weren't Alfredo Angulo and Antonio Margarito. 80-90% of the hall of fame fighters are punch drunk or have pugilist dementia, have CTE, ALS or Alzheimer. The 10% that don't such as Foreman, Lamotta and Chuvalo (Chuvalo got it really late) are just the exceptions.
          Rockin' likes this.

Comment

But then again there is Hilmer Kenty. A classy former champion who actually was an television announcer for my pro debut. Great guy, I haven't seen him in years though. I hope that he is still well. ..................Rockin'
            Boxing is a very risky sport and even the best boxers (Joe Louis, Muhammad Ali, Gerald McClellan and Sugar Ray Robinson and countless others) weren't immune to to the consequences. Boxers are brave men and I admire them for their courage but should ask themselves this question: are the potential rewards worth a possible future of ill health and mental breakdown?

Interesting you mentioned Hilmer Kenty, he was one of my favorites. What I remember most thought was a fight he lost because one of his legs messed up and he was hopping around the ring on one leg.

Comment

Who is Christina, no picture? Rules and standards................Rockin'
              Christina isn’t in the pic, She is from
              jersy and her Puerto Rican dad
              Beercules exceot she doesn’t like cars loves dogs and is woke..
              She is definitely a jersey girl.

her dad is a combat vet.. marine

Comment

Originally posted by OldTerry View Post

Boxing is a very risky sport and even the best boxers (Joe Louis, Muhammad Ali, Gerald McClellan and Sugar Ray Robinson and countless others) weren't immune to to the consequences. Boxers are brave men and I admire them for their courage but should ask themselves this question: are the potential rewards worth a possible future of ill health and mental breakdown?

Interesting you mentioned Hilmer Kenty, he was one of my favorites. What I remember most thought was a fight he lost because one of his legs messed up and he was hopping around the ring on one leg.
                You probably called/call Floyd and Andre Ward's style of boxing boring.

Comment

The issue is that every punch to the head…headgear or not, in many cases blocked or not, sparring and actual bouts rattles the brain against the inside walls of the skull.

I love the sport and it’s history but the effects upon its participants can’t be overlooked. Very few professionals escape dementia mid to long term.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post

many wife gets jealous of Christina.. maybe related to Beercules that accent really turns me on.

I got a standard Silicon Valley accent.
                    How's the weather over there today in left field?

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post

How's the weather over there today in left field?
                      Warm and balmy I followed a girl and realized I’m old ugly and a pervert..

I gotta dress up as Dracula on the 29th

last year Halloween was cancelled.
                      this year I’m Dracula and then Santa Claus

getting old and type casted isn’t how I thought/ dreamed my life would be …. Things kinda have a way to turn out better …

Comment

Working...
                      X