No announcement yet.

Genetics?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genetics?

let's talk about it... we all know that blacks (african americans) have the advantage when it comes to playing sports. they are just built for it... BUT, i always wonder, what if the people from Africa was given the same opportunity the americans have, will they surpass the african americans in the US in terms of playing sports?

i am asking because you start to see more and more african descent dominating in sports.

Do african american got bigger BBC than africans?

Comment

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
      let's talk about it... we all know that blacks (african americans) have the advantage when it comes to playing sports. they are just built for it... BUT, i always wonder, what if the people from Africa was given the same opportunity the americans have, will they surpass the african americans in the US in terms of playing sports?

i am asking because you start to see more and more african descent dominating in sports.
      Thats not the way it works: Africa is a continent with tremendous genetic diversity. In Africa you have some of the shortest people, most unathletic people, along with some of the tallest people, and strongest people. When slaves were taken, the strongest individuals resulted because, slaves were selected for work ability, and to make the trip, one had to be in the best of health and condition to survive the journey.

So its not that blacks are "just built for it" it is that a selection of the strongest people, from a very diverse group was selectively enhanced by separating them and having them breed among themselves.

Africa itself because of diversity has a core of very strong individuals because, the rules of genetics dictate the most diverse groups will yield the weakest and strongest.

Another example is China: People say asians are smart... Well, China has some of the smartest people because it has some of the dumbest people. What you will never see, and what always seems to be, is that one group is just stronger, smarter, better looking, than another. Also, the more people the more chance there is natural diversity in the group.
      FinitoxDinamita likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
        Africans? You mean the White guys with the dutch accents? The Bantu people? the rich Nigerians? the poor Tutsi? Your talking about a very diverse group of people Butler. It would be like someone taking a Filipino who has a lot of Spanish blood, and another who is ethnically Chinese, and a third that is dark and indigenious to the tribes in the area... and saying they are all genetically the same group. except that Africa happens to have a lot more diversity so the differences, despite the skin color, are much more varied.
        Citizen Koba likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Africans? You mean the White guys with the dutch accents? The Bantu people? the rich Nigerians? the poor Tutsi? Your talking about a very diverse group of people Butler. It would be like someone taking a Filipino who has a lot of Spanish blood, and another who is ethnically Chinese, and a third that is dark and indigenious to the tribes in the area... and saying they are all genetically the same group. except that Africa happens to have a lot more diversity so the differences, despite the skin color, are much more varied.
          Explain the Afrikaans to these ppl, Billy.

When those south African riots were happening, the media was giving me a headache.

It's like they dont understand that most of the white ppl there (Dutch boers, British descent) have been in South Africa longer than the blacks who immigrated their recent decades.

It's like ppl think because they're black that means they were more south African than the whites.
          billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
            No, I heard black Africans have even biggers bbcs than our Black American brothers.

Average dick is like 8.5 inches in some countries like Congo. That's freaking average, so imagine what they consider a real BBC over there.

Tiny pecker guys like us need to stay away from countries like that, you what I mean?

Comment

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post

Weeeeell. It's tricky assumption that 'we all know' thing, there are some minor biological differences that give competitve advantages to certain genotypes in certain sports but there's also significant social factors in play influencing who chooses to develop their sporting abilities to their full potential. In general if all humans had the exact same opportunities in wider life we'd also see much more variation in the ethnicity of elite athletes.

But put simply, yes, given the same diet and nutrition and training facilities just based on numbers alone the 412ish million West Africans would produce more top athletes than the 48 million or so African Americans who can trace their biological descent to that region (I'm making some sweeping assumptions there about the orign of the present day African American population because I think there might be growing numbers of people from other parts of Africa in the present day US). But that's no different to saying that 330 million Americans will always produce on average more top quality athletes than the 60 million people of the UK and statistically the very best in the world in a given sport is more likely to be an American than a Brit.
              OldTerry likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post

When those south African riots were happening, the media was giving me a headache.

It's like they dont understand that most of the white ppl there (Dutch boers, British descent) have been in South Africa longer than the blacks who immigrated their recent decades.

It's like ppl think because they're black that means they were more south African than the whites.
                The rioters were recent immigrants from other parts of Africa?
                Last edited by Dakuwaqa; 07-22-2021, 05:56 AM.

Comment

pretty huge generalisation there pal. build for 'it'? what sports? or some sports? never seen african americans win gold at table tennis or swimming bruh.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post

You did a good job explaining it above! Yes... Exactly. Unfortunately while systematic oppression is horrid, many horrid things happened to Black Africans when people murdered Afrikan farmers and gave their land away as patrionage gifts... where by the land became useless because those recieving it were so ignorant they did not know how to work it.

Africa happens to be a very diverse continent. Genetically, linguistically, etc. It goes right over people's heads as they think of a stereo typical African. And... Africans aremore apt to categorize by tribe than skin... even in South Africa, with the aphartheid system... Most Black Africans identify by tribe.

Comment

Working...
                    X