No announcement yet.

Sitting on ass all day, respect to the desk job

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitting on ass all day, respect to the desk job

Pretty much my entire adult life I had enough hands on lab or shop work to do I've never spent an entire day at my desk. I've for sure called desk jobs some pansy **** plenty of times, at least not real work. Sure enough when I come in from a day of chiseling or sanding or some such **** labor writing some emails and checking accounts and stuff like that feels like a break.

I spent all day today doing ****ty ass "paperwork". Not sure what it's called anymore given ain't no one using paper, but you know what I mean. Typing ****.

My back ain't never hurt so bad. Y'all got my respect, that **** is rough. I won't do it again...ever.

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
    Pretty much my entire adult life I had enough hands on lab or shop work to do I've never spent an entire day at my desk. I've for sure called desk jobs some pansy **** plenty of times, at least not real work. Sure enough when I come in from a day of chiseling or sanding or some such **** labor writing some emails and checking accounts and stuff like that feels like a break.

I spent all day today doing ****ty ass "paperwork". Not sure what it's called anymore given ain't no one using paper, but you know what I mean. Typing ****.

My back ain't never hurt so bad. Y'all got my respect, that **** is rough. I won't do it again...ever.
    You looking to hire someone?

Comment

I can't sit at a desk to work. I had a stroke.
      siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Comment

But I can sit at a desk to type on a forum about the time I sparred Chris byrd.

Comment

Couldn’t do a office job. Screw that’s for a morning picnic. I worked as a freelance sound engineer for a while. Even that was tough at times and I love pro tools.

Location recording work can be scatty at best. Don’t have to deal with musicians. I digress.

PT. Charging Chelsea yummy mummy’s with pert bottoms $120 and hour for the privilege. Post covid of course. My god.

Comment

That's what I've been doing for two decades. I get back aches and pinched nerves all the time at this point.

Comment

Yea,could never see myself sitting behind a computer all day long,in the same damn office around the same damn people,day in and day out. Been in the construction industry,both public works and residential construction for the past 25yrs and couldn't be happier. Have traveled everywhere from Oregon down to here in southern California doing jobs so scenery and coworkers changes all the time,sometimes day to day. Have done some backbreaking work like when I was a Concrete Foreman and probably suffered irreparable damage to my body, but I still enjoyed it honestly. Nothing like getting home after an honest days work,crackin open a beer and hanging out with your kids. Respect to anyone though who's going out their day in day out in either white or blue collar field to support theirs...cheers!
              Willy Wanker Willy Wanker likes this.

Comment

Spent my whole twenties on my feet: usually had two jobs, warehouse days, bartending/serving at night.

Started my first serious desk job at 30. After about a year of that, I had sciatica in my back so bad and could barely get up or down.

Doctor said it was from sitting on my ass too much. I was embarrassed as hell.

If you're working remote, invest in one of these bad boys. Not the flimsy little risers that sit on top of a desk, but one where you lift the whole desk up. I spend about half the day sitting, half standing. Havent had issues since.

203732540_814521492512248_4334749001728261109_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=0AxDxkFpvpgAX-4s2cZ&_nc_ht=scontent.fphx1-2.fna&oh=0e877ef6d19a815877bdf260d3a65536&oe=60DA7DF1.jpg
                Willy Wanker Willy Wanker likes this.

Comment

I started in computers many, many, years ago, decades before ergonomic evaluations of workspaces, and aside from a few years working as a musician, I've been at a desk.

Now decades later I have permanent pinched nerves and degenerated discs. Our bodies weren't designed to sit in that position for hours, years, and decades on end.

Comment

The problem with most people with desk jobs is that they sit on their ass 8-10 hours a day at work, and then they sit on their ass for another 6-8 hours when they get home. Not to mention sitting while driving or shtting.

I'm lucky I have one of those adjustable desks at work. I can raise the height and stand while I work in front of a computer.

Comment

Working...
                    X