Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone remember the South African Boer leader Eugène Terre'Blanche?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone remember the South African Boer leader Eugène Terre'Blanche?

Didn't know this guy ended up getting hacked to death with machetes while he was asleep.

For a history guy like myself, I know an embarrassingly little amount of South Africa. You've sent me down a bit of a rabbit hole.

Guy was right about the interviewer though. I wish these guys could just put their biases away and give us a good interview so we can ****ing learn about these people instead of trying to inject their beliefs to make them look better than who they're interviewing. Just be a ****ing journalist so I can hear what he has to say.

Comment

I think he was killed with some kind of a club after a dispute about farm wages. I rep for the white South Africans generally, with the farm attacks getting no press and the quotas in their cricket and rugby teams and all that bull****, but he did seem like a really, really unlikeable piece of **** of a man who probably had it coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor Ramon View Post
        I think he was killed with some kind of a club after a dispute about farm wages. I rep for the white South Africans generally, with the farm attacks getting no press and the quotas in their cricket and rugby teams and all that bull****, but he did seem like a really, really unlikeable piece of **** of a man who probably had it coming.
        Looks like he was hacked up with a machete in his sleep. That's a coward act no matter who you are.

Comment

Louis theroux is brilliant. I cant remember if it was a different episode but when he met these south african thugs, they were so terrifying he wasnt sure if they were serious or not:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihjkLV_EY1Y

' i put baby in oven and i put on' ' you give me money'

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

Guy was right about the interviewer though. I wish these guys could just put their biases away and give us a good interview so we can ****ing learn about these people instead of trying to inject their beliefs to make them look better than who they're interviewing. Just be a ****ing journalist so I can hear what he has to say.
            That guy always does this trying to push his beliefs on the people he's interviewing thinking he will get them to change their ways.
            YEAH RIGHT! All it does is cause them to get annoyed and irritated, causing the interview to go off the tracks.

He tried this with the leader of the New Black Panther Party as well. The leader was having none of it
            Last edited by HitmanTommy; 06-23-2021, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post

That guy always does this trying to push his beliefs on the people he's interviewing thinking he will get them to change their ways.
              YEAH RIGHT! All it does is cause them to get annoyed and irritated, causing the interview to go off the tracks.

He tried this with the leader of the New Black Panther Party as well. The leader was having none of it
              It's ****ing stupid. You have a chance to get an interview with a figure who is rarely interviewed. Agree with him or not, do your job. I want to learn something and draw my own fking conclusions.

Comment

Never been a huge fan of Theroux. He often comes across as condescending.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post

Louis trolls alot & as if the black panther leader was going to agree with him on anything, he just ended up trying to be friends and kind of succeeded in a way, that was a great episode.

His style actually reveals more from the interviewee than any other, he often uses silence to fantastic effect, and more often than not the interviewee tends to reveal more without even being asked anything.

He obviously knew the boer leader was a racist idiot, so he just trolled him. but ended up getting intimidated
                  Last edited by mlac; 06-23-2021, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X