• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dakuwaqa
    replied
    Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
    I rate nations off their barroom banter and food

UK, well Scottland and England at least, never been to Wales or NI so I can't say.

Poland if just the mainland.

I know Scottish and English food isn't meant to be so great and it's the Italians and French who get food brags all over the planet, but, those meat pies are dope actually.

UK's humor and goodwill is world renown and doesn't disappoint. So long as you're not a dick to everyone, and maybe even if you are, you're gonna hear some good jokes and folks are going to show some concern for your visit. It's a nice place filled with good peoples.

Poland probably doesn't want to hear this, but, they're a bit like Germany. Germany and Poland are not known for their banter like the English and Scotts are but Germany has got jokes, and Poland, they got the same kind of humor but with better food.

Poland's got the best food in mainland Europe. Super underrated.
    I thought Poland’s national dish was pickled turnips and with steamed goldfish. Never thought that it had a good cuisine !

Leave a comment:

• Sun_Tzu
    replied
    Arkansas...

Leave a comment:

• Dakuwaqa
    replied
    Originally posted by FinlandsFinest View Post
    I cant say Finland can I?

Poland, i'll go with that. Proper European nation with a strong national identity. (Unlike Germany and the like who are america copycats, got nothing original)

Hungary is a close second.
    We have a strong National identity here in the UK. We’ve been multicultural from the beginning. Anglo-Saxons, Celts, Normans, Romans and so on. If you want to talk about culture we have the best popular music in Europe. Punk is an English invention, think of all the fantastic bands we’ve had. We have amazing theatre, literature, art, film, documentaries.

British comedy is brilliant. Top writers.

I don’t know what you’re talking about to be honest.

Leave a comment:

• Boxing-1013
    replied
    Australia

Leave a comment:

• FinlandsFinest
    replied
    I cant say Finland can I?

Poland, i'll go with that. Proper European nation with a strong national identity. (Unlike Germany and the like who are america copycats, got nothing original)

Hungary is a close second.
    Last edited by FinlandsFinest; 06-06-2021, 05:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Marchegiano
    replied
    I rate nations off their barroom banter and food

UK, well Scottland and England at least, never been to Wales or NI so I can't say.

Poland if just the mainland.

I know Scottish and English food isn't meant to be so great and it's the Italians and French who get food brags all over the planet, but, those meat pies are dope actually.

UK's humor and goodwill is world renown and doesn't disappoint. So long as you're not a dick to everyone, and maybe even if you are, you're gonna hear some good jokes and folks are going to show some concern for your visit. It's a nice place filled with good peoples.

Poland probably doesn't want to hear this, but, they're a bit like Germany. Germany and Poland are not known for their banter like the English and Scotts are but Germany has got jokes, and Poland, they got the same kind of humor but with better food.

Poland's got the best food in mainland Europe. Super underrated.

Leave a comment:

• Dakuwaqa
    started a topic Favourite European country?

Favourite European country?

I really love Portugal. Lisbon is a underrated capital (although it’s become much more popular over the last 10 years)

Good food- Fish and pastries. Yum yum
    Bairro Alto is a cool neighbourhood. Belem too.

Porto is a good second city. Beautiful, lots of bridges

Algarve is nice for a beach holiday although not so much my thing

Quieter than neighbouring Spain but I prefer the vibe

EDIT please move to the lounge !
    Last edited by Dakuwaqa; 06-06-2021, 01:48 PM.
    Mike D Mike D likes this.
Working...
X