Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finale season of Better Call Saul

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JimRaynor , That Nicole Kidman HBO series you sent me. Now that was sh**t. I don't know what the purpose of it was. A few moments of ponder was there but nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post

Slow people like slow things. It's normal.
      Still waters run deep.

Your little-shallow mózg needs constant action to work. That's why you fail to have in-depth convos on here.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
        JimRaynor , That Nicole Kidman HBO series you sent me. Now that was sh**t. I don't know what the purpose of it was. A few moments of ponder was there but nothing else.
        Have you seen The Night Of, also on HBO

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post

I'll check it out. Gonna put a reminder in my sig

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post

Great series. I wish they did a sequel or movie followup

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post

And your little brain can't comprehend that outsmarting a guy like Gus wouldn't be possible without being willing to kill him.

Walter conned Gus too. It worked for a while but eventually Gus figured it out and set plan in motion to kill Walt and leave Jesse in charge. The same thing would have happened to Jimmy.

Outsmarting Gus by killing him while he was at a retirement home when he never expected it would not be possible for Jimmy because he's not a killer.

Jimmy is a conman. Walter can be a conman, but he also can be a killer.A ruthless, calculated and efficient killer. Who also happens to very smart.
              ​​​​​
              ​​
              I agree. And this breaking bad talk have me wanting to rewatch. ( Seem x3)

Comment

The slow pace of Better Call Saul, one of its key differences from Breaking Bad, is also one of its greatest strengths. Breaking Bad often resorted to life-or-death situations and overtly dramatic moments to propel the story. For Saul, that’s not the case.

Life-or-death moments, although exciting, are easy catalysts for the main character’s change. With Saul, the writers take advantage of the fact that Jimmy’s trajectory is already established in order to tell a nuanced story using subtle revelations. It’s a stellar combination of acting, writing, and visual storytelling.

Chlopak, I prefer books over films for that same reason. I love slow character development.
                But the point was that he had cancer and broke bad. It wasn't meant to be slow paced. He was on his last leg.

I think people try to be against the grain and say Better call Saul was better. But both shows were written with A+ quality but the story of Walter White the lame who b came a drug kingpin cuz he stopped succoming to fear after realizing he had no time left combined with the personalities of Pinkman, Gus , Mike, Hank created the best show of all time.
                Last edited by KillaMane26; 05-12-2021, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post

But the point was that he had cancer and broke bad. It wasn't meant to be slow paced. He was on his last leg.

I think people try to be against the grain and say Better call Saul was better. But both shows were written with A+ quality but the story of Walter White the lame who b came a drug kingpin cuz he stopped succoming to fear after realizing he had no time left combined with the personalities of Pinkman, Gus , Mike, Hank created the best show of all time.
                  Red- That's actually The Wire.

Comment

Red- That's actually The Wire.
                    Opinion! Both shows were great. The Wire was perfect based on a true story. Breaking Bad was perfect based on fiction story of Walter White.

I'm not gonna say which is better they in two different lanes but both well acted, well written, and most importantly didn't drag on and drop in quality. I don't see a wrong answer

Comment

Working...
                    X