Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much weight did you gain during the pandemic?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prefix_33_title_rich How much weight did you gain during the pandemic?

According to a study, 61% of Americans reported gaining weight during Covid.

2 out of every 5 surveyed reported that they had gained significantly -- to the tune of an average of 29 pounds per person. Ten percent of those surveyed reported gaining 50 pounds or more. 60% (coincidently nearly the same exact percentage of those who reported gaining weight during the pandemic) also reported drinking significantly more alcohol than they did pre-pandemic.

There's a guy at my work that gained so much it just blew my mind. And this guy wasn't some slob where you could see that coming. This guy took real good care of himself. He's like 6'4" and was probably in the neighborhood of 205 or 210 pounds (just guessing), but a fit 210 pounds -- he would talk about hitting the gym regularly (and you could tell that he did), and he was always doing outdoor stuff on the weekends. Weekend warrior type who would go hike and run and play random pickup games of basketball and flag football that he would talk about. I assume he did well with the ladies because he was high up the food chain in his job and took care of himself.

Well when the pandemic struck the entire building was sent home to work from home for...well, it's still going. So over a year now. Just a few of us actually report to the building regularly. He came by to pick something up recently and I barely could recognize him. Like I literally almost didn't recognize him and it took me a second to realize that was actually him. I swear man he literally put on 40 or 50 pounds. Maybe more.

So yeah obviously the gyms shutting down, no more groups getting together on the weekends for outdoor stuff and working from home within a few short steps to the fridge & pantry took a significant toll.

Did any of you guys pack on a bunch of extra pounds during Covid? Or are you roughly the same as you were pre-covid?

Was 5'5 196lbs

Now 5'5 217lbs

I feel fine though. Carry the weight well.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post

I feel fine though. Carry the weight well.
      You sure do, Tommy. You look curvy. Booty thicc af. You fill out that sweater nicely

Comment

YEah I can imagine we all gained on average about 30lbs as the article states. Here in LA most of the gyms have been closed for a minute and a lot of heads won't step foot in them anymore due to the rona.

I know bunch of us started drinking heavy too cuz of the rona and I always balloon up whenever I drink a lot. It was bad like April-December drank like a fish as most of my family and friends did too.

From January 2021 to March 2021 quit drinking and trained like a mofo got pretty cut up but nothing near my prime. Then started drinking again only on weekends tho so yeah my washed up LL COOL J NCIS looking arse got my Kanye chubby cheeks back again F me!

Was thinking to eventually only drink wine or lite beer maybe starting 2022 lol.

Comment

easily 15 lbs LUL. i used to ski and be very active.

i love to cook and had almost nothing else to do. plus i was limiting my shopping and i was freezing everything so my air fryer was working overtime.\

i picked a spot [the day i got my first shot of the vax] to kick the bad stuff and hopefully get back into decent shape. probably down 2-3 lbs.

Comment

10 pounds. Went from 179 to 189. Down to 185 now. Ideally I'd like to be in the 160s. Always looked and felt best at that weight.

Comment

Gone from Cruiser to Heavyweight

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                Gone from Cruiser to Heavyweight
                We are both heavyweights.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post

We are both heavyweights.
                  yeah, but didn't you say you were 5'4?

Comment

Gained about 15 lbs, all the weight goes straight to my stomach and ass. I look like a woman who used to he hot, but got pregnant and just gave birth to a fat 25 lb baby.

But seriously, it's not so bad. I already dropped 5 lbs since last month, wanna get back down to 165ish.

I been lifting weights to maintain, but been neglecting my cardio and drinking too much and eating a lot of fried chicken.

Comment

Working...
                    X