Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio police officer fatally shoots teenage girl who appears to hold a knife during fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
    Since it seems like what the thread starter really wants to know is how the common Black man would react to this, I'd like to elect Willie D. to take a stab at it (terrible pun there).

Here is my take---I am from the Caribbean and the police there always fired in the air to break up fights. Aren't American cops not allowed to shoot in the air?

Comment

• Originally posted by megas30 View Post

Here is my take---I am from the Caribbean and the police there always fired in the air to break up fights. Aren't American cops not allowed to shoot in the air?
      No. It's illegal. Mainly because bullets come down.

-------------------------

The police should just let people kill themselves. Seriously, this is getting out of hand. And a certain group of people need to stop calling the police, BLM with their billions of dollars should set up a hotline (811 instead of 911 or something like that) to send someone out to handle these situations.

Comment

I did think about that as well. Apparently it depends on the state, but some places have bans on it. I would imagine most big cities wouldn't allow it.

Comment

• If you are trying to stab a b^tch & get shot by the police no one should protest your death.

If this was a non-knife fight n she got killed or she was killed while they were arresting her it's a whole other thing, but if she's a threat she got what she deserved in that moment.
          Rockin' Rockin' likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Maldito_Rey View Post

No. It's illegal. Mainly because bullets come down.

-------------------------

The police should just let people kill themselves. Seriously, this is getting out of hand. And a certain group of people need to stop calling the police, BLM with their billions of dollars should set up a hotline (811 instead of 911 or something like that) to send someone out to handle these situations.
            I see worse than these incidents and as the cop/cops shot in the air m'fers dropped everything they had in their hands and stopped everything they were doing. Wouldn't this be better than taking lives, though?

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post

I did think about that as well. Apparently it depends on the state, but some places have bans on it. I would imagine most big cities wouldn't allow it.
              This shooting in the air is highly effective. I think the force should think about this. If this cop had popped off two rounds in the air, this B would drop that knife as if it's on fire.

Comment

This shooting in the air is highly effective. I think the force should think about this. If this cop had popped off two rounds in the air, this B would drop that knife as if it's on fire.
                I was reading about it here:

https://www.npr.org/2017/03/28/52082...for-a-comeback

It seems the reasons against it would be that they could hit someone higher up in buildings or ricochet and hit someone. They have to come down somewhere so they could hit someone. Shooting at the ground would be a sure way to deflect the bullet somewhere else. But I agree. With some discretion, and particularly in this case where it seemed like an open area, seems it could have been used (though there is still worry of where the bullet will come down). Another thing they mentioned in the article is that it doesn't always make a suspect stop what they are doing, and can sometimes escalate the situation. But I wouldn't think that would happen here either.

So it would come down to a judgement call. I honestly can't confidently say it was the wrong call for the officer to make because she was lunging at a girl with a knife. If he fires the warning shot and she still goes through with her attack and hits a vital area, his superiors and some in the public might feel that he failed the victim. It's really unfortunate, but she put herself in a position where this will be deemed a justified shooting I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  Notice the concern ghost has for a 15 yr old that has been killed?
                  who gives a single **** about this girl???

she tried to kill another teenaged girl in front of a cop. she's both wicked and stupid. we are all better off not having her around and having the other girl alive and well.

Comment

way too many guns in this country and they are way too cheap. you shoot in the air, they shoot at your chest. in a perfect world you hjave some space and many cops and you can try something nonlethal first. in this case you have pressed for time and you have to preserve life. you don't know that's a 15 year old girl. she looks like a grown woman and she's surely swinging a knife like it. glad she is dead so that the other girl can live.

Comment

• listen to that ****ing breathing when she's on the ground. holy mackerel.

Comment

Working...
                      X