Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio police officer fatally shoots teenage girl who appears to hold a knife during fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio police officer fatally shoots teenage girl who appears to hold a knife during fight

Here we go again, the community is already crying "she was just a kid" and "say her name"!

An Ohio police officer shot and killed a teenage girl Tuesday as she attacked two other people with what appeared to be a knife in east Columbus, body camera footage released just hours after the fatal shooting shows.

Police were called to the scene around 4:30 p.m. on a report of someone attempting to stab others at a home.

As soon as police pulled up, a young female can be seen tackling another female to the ground with what appeared to be a knife in her hand. The girl can then be seen charging at another nearby female while raising the apparent knife in the air, at which point the officer fired multiple shots, fatally wounding the attacker.

"She came at them with a knife," the officer can be heard saying as other officers tended to the girl on the ground.

The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation is now investigating the incident, but Columbus Police Department interim chief Michael Woods said during a press conference late Tuesday that his department wanted to release the bodycam footage as soon as possible for transparency.

"We took some unprecedented steps tonight," Woods said. "We've never been able to release video this fast, but we thought it was important to share with the community, to be transparent about this incident, to let them have some answers that we can provide tonight."

He added that investigators will look into whether the fatal shooting complies with state law that says, "deadly force can be used to protect yourself or the protection of a third person."

Columbus Mayor Andrew Ginther said that the whole situation is a tragedy.

"It’s a tragic day in the city of Columbus. It's a horrible, heartbreaking situation," Ginther said Tuesday night. "The city of Columbus lost a 15-year-old girl today. We know based on this footage, the officer took action to protect another young girl in our community. But a family is grieving tonight. And this young 15-year-old girl will never be coming home."

The girl who was being chased falls on the lawn in front of the cop. The officer screams at the alleged suspect to “get down,” before the teen targets another girl on the hood of a car, the video shows.

As the teen swings the apparent weapon toward the second girl, the officer fires several shots at the alleged suspect, striking her.

Police have said they were called to the home at about 4:45 p.m. for a call of an attempted stabbing.

After the gunfire, two adults remained outside. “She’s a f—ing kid, man,” one of them can be heard telling the officer.

Protesters gathered near the location of the shooting and at the Columbus Police headquarters Tuesday night. Many were seen pushing past police barriers outside the headquarters around the same time bodycam footage was being shown inside.

Chants of "Black women matter," "Black girls matter," and "Say her name!" rang out from the crowd.

[Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

Rockin' likes this.

Notice the concern ghost has for a 15 yr old that has been killed?
    siablo14 likes this.

Comment

I guess this is how they're going to get those Nikes they missed out on yesterday?
      Fists_of_Fury, Boxing-1013 and Vlad_ like this.

Comment

The mother of the 16-year-old Columbus, Ohio, girl who was shot by police said in a tearful interview that her “loving, peaceful” daughter called the cops “for protection — not to be a homicide.”

Ma’Khia Bryant was fatally shot after her family said she called police to report girls fighting about 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, shortly before former Minneapolis cop Derek Chauvin was found guilty of murdering George Floyd.

Video released by police shows an officer encountering the teen, who appears to be armed with a knife and chasing another girl, who falls in front of the cop.

The officer screams at the alleged suspect to “get down,” before the teen targets another girl, the video shows. As she swings the apparent weapon toward the second girl, the officer fires several shots at the alleged suspect, striking her.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Notice the concern ghost has for a 15 yr old that has been killed?
          A 15 year old with a knife who was trying to mortally wound someone she was in an altercation with...notice how Dunn defends them at all costs.
          Fists_of_Fury, HrNY and Boxing-1013 like this.

Comment

I know you want me to feel something for the cop but he's just a *****. That ****ing close, he steps backwards and pulls his gun. I can tell by the height of the camera he's bigger than me.

Bigger than me, more armed than me, backed by a force I lack, but, trained to be or just naturally 100% more pussified than I.

I'm from the ghettos, don't tell me I've not, I have, he's a *****. Should his ***** ass face anything? Probably not. We don't put our ***** ass police in danger remember. And, yeah, me calling them ******* gonna get under someone's skin. Someone always gotta tell me they ain't. Not *******, but, also, don't ask them to step into danger doe.........ya ****ing *****.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post

A 15 year old with a knife who was trying to mortally wound someone she was in an altercation with...notice how Dunn defends them at all costs.
              I didn't defend anyone. I didn't call the cops murderers. All I posted about was you're lack of concern over a 15 yr old being killed. It's like how you forgot to show concern when Floyd got murdered and when the cops got murdered by the rioting Trump supporters.

Just noticing a pattern.

Comment

It was a justified shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

I didn't defend anyone. I didn't call the cops murderers. All I posted about was you're lack of concern over a 15 yr old being killed. It's like how you forgot to show concern when Floyd got murdered and when the cops got murdered by the rioting Trump supporters.

Just noticing a pattern.
                  My lack of concern? All I did was post the news article. Am I supposed to hold a candlelight vigil for a girl who tried to stab someone?? If there is a pattern here it is from people like you who defend criminals.

The mother says, “Ma’Khia had a motherly nature about her. She promoted peace. That is something that I want to always be remembered,” she added. Well, what did the mother teach her that she thought it was ok to stab someone? This is what's plaguing the black community...bad or absent parenting! It's starts in the home! You just don't get it. You'd rather blame police or "Trump supporters", meanwhile, inner city crime has been a huge problem for the last six decades.

Comment

She was trying to stab the other girl. Cop did the right thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X