No announcement yet.

7 year old child shot and killed in Mickey D’s drive thru

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

Your point here is because black athletes/celebrities/politicians people didn't say anything about this incident, then they lose their right to speak about police brutality or when police needlessly kill black people. That makes absolutely no sense.

You are very upset when police brutality against black people is discussed. Why? Only you know.
    big d... i think what they are saying is that when the black celebs and athletes dont speak out on something like this, then when they do speak out on blacks getting murked by the cops, it wont mean much to the public.

Comment

• Originally posted by HewJohnson View Post
      U know what’s really messed up?

A life long criminal crack head like George Floyd, who did multiples jail bids over and over, who if were not to die that day, would BE IN JAIL RIGHT NOW (people seem to forget that part)
      He was LITERALLY ending up either dead or in jail due the life he chose...his “family” gets paid MILLIONS over his death! Did they deserve it?
      No.

But this little innocent girl?
      7 years old? What does she get?
      Does her family get any payout due to her death?
      Do they get any compensation for her death?

Anything?
      Nope...nothing. Just a typical “oh well” by the BS media and mediocre public.

Humans are a dissapointing species.
      Who should pay that? You want the state to pay that?

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post

Dude. I don't know what part of same crime, same criminal history you don't get. That USSC study clearly states it controls for variables like: age, education, citizenship, weapon possession and prior criminal history.

And there are FEDERAL GUIDELINES. The difference comes in where then? You hit on it. Where the judges are able to make their own discretion. And when they do so, it turns out that blacks are getting 20% more time than whites for the same crimes. So when you say "same judges on the same day," I laugh. As if judges should look at the same exact crimes and so defer from the guidelines and give blacks 20% more time just by chance because they are catching black people on their "off days" 20% more often.

By the way, less than 1% of black people commit a violent crime in a given year. Crazy, isn't it? But since all of the studies are warped according to you, I wonder if those crime stats are warped, or if you just accept those stats. Now it's all good? No worries about if black neighborhoods are over policed. All good, right? No worries about class being the issue, right? Now it's simply a black people thing? There are a whole lot of black people out there that are not committing violent crime, and here you are saying that it's understandable that black people are treated differently, which is the very definition of racism. When you say things like that, the only thing I can think of is I wish you are treated like an active shooter every time you walk into a mall. Then maybe you would get it. Maybe your kids should be treated like a potential shooter when they walk into a school. Maybe then you would get it.

I would have thought you would have done more research on the dude that Viola Desmond replaced. I'm pretty sure you were quick to say she didn't do anything. I beg to differ. She should certainly be recognize for what she did. Do you know what John McDonald DID do to Indigenous people? Could that have anything to do with why he was being replaced? You didn't have to trash her because you thought he was worthy, did you? But that's exactly what you did.

Anyway, it's not only about crime. You say it's not as big of a problem. Nowhere near it's made out to be for everyday folks?

Well here you go. This is what I referred to posting in the other thread. Knock yourself out. If you want to learn more, visit the link. This was The Root's response to Tim Scott. There is a lot to unpack there, but let me say that the point is not woe is me it's so bad for black folks. But It is clearly not equitable conditions. Clearly. And this is over many facets of living. To people like you this is no big deal. I'll agree with you that a big problem is class. But then you have to ask yourself about why that leads to affecting blacks more than whites. I sincerely hope you don't think it's because blacks are lazy or blacks are more innately prone to criminal behavior. I don't know if you understand the dynamics of this country, being that you are Canadian. You need to think about things like being robbed of generational wealth and redlining. Things that still have an affect on people today. You apparently don't understand the inequity with regards to schooling. And that's not to say that people shouldn't take responsibility for their own actions. They should. But it's certainly not 100% due to their own actions. Not by a long shot.

https://www.theroot.com/was-tim-scot...cis-1846791206

Economics
        • The typical Black American family is worth 10 percent of the average white family.
        • Black people are more likely to be denied a mortgage or an auto loan, even when they have the same credit and employment history.
        • A home in a Black neighborhood is worth $48,000 less than an identical home in a white neighborhood, even if both neighborhoods have the same resources, amenities and crime rate.
        • For 50 years, the Black unemployment rate has hovered between two and 2.5 times the white unemployment rate.
        • Black men earn 87 cents for every dollar a white man earns. And, if you think the pay gap is due to a lack of education, Black women, the most educated demographic in America, are among the lowest paid. A Black woman with a master’s degree makes roughly the same salary as a white man with an associates degree.
        • Even when wages are controlled for education, years of experience, occupation and other compensable factors, Black workers earn about $2,000 less per year, a difference in salary that Jackson Gruver, a data analyst at compensation data and software firm PayScale, said is “likely attributable to race.
        • ”In fact, according to math, the gap in median annual earnings increases with education.
          [Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

Politics
        • While the United States’ population is made up of 60 percent non-Hispanic white citizens, Congress is 77 percent white.
        • Every single state legislature is disproportionately white, meaning every state has a greater percentage of white lawmakers than the population they represent.
        • Eighty percent of sitting federal judges are white and 73 percent are men.
        • People in Black neighborhoods wait, on average, 29 percent longer to vote than people who live in white neighborhoods.
        • In the 2016 election, Black voters were 79 percent more likely than white voters to wait for more than 30 minutes before casting a ballot.
        • Since Tim Scott took office in 2012, poll closings have disproportionately occurred in non-white precincts.
        • Barack Obama is not only the first Black president, he was the first Black presidential nominee of a major political party, the first Black person to win a single electoral vote and the first Black person to win a state.
        • In 244 years, there have only been 24 Black cabinet members and only Charles Curtis, Condoleezza Rice, Colin Powell, Barack Obama and Kamala Harris have been in the top five of the presidential line of succession.
        • Throughout the history of the country, 1,994 people have served in the Senate. Tim Scott was only the fourth Black person in American history to be elected to the Senate by popular vote. Since his election, only three more have been elected, meaning Black people make up one-half of one percent of the total number of senators.

Criminal Justice
        • Black men are sentenced to 20 percent longer sentences than white men who commit the same crime and have the same criminal history.
        • Seven out of every 10 suspects held in jail without bail are non-white. Bail for white suspects is, on average, lower than bail for Black suspects, despite the fact that white suspects are more likelyto commit a crime while out on bail.
        • Police are 20 percent more likely to stop Black drivers, and Black drivers are twice as likely to be searched, even though police are more likely to find contraband on white drivers.
        • White people use illegal drugs more often than Black Americans. White people sell more drugs than Black Americans. In every year from 1980 to 2007, Black people “were arrested nationwide on drug charges at rates relative to population that were 2.8 to 5.5 times higher than white arrest rates,” according to Human Rights Watch.
        • White defendants are 25 percent more likely to have criminal charges against them reduced to a less serious crime.
        • According to a study by Northwestern University, over their course of life, Black men are about 2.5 times more likely to be killed by police, while Black women are about 1.4 times more likely to be killed by police than are white women.
        • White people kill more police.
        • White people are more likely to resist arrest.
        • Police are least likely to use force against white people.

EducationSocial Issues
        • Black children born in the bottom fifth of income earners have about a 2.5 percent chance of reaching the top fifth of the income bracket. White children, by contrast, have a 10.6 percent chance.
        • For 99 percent of the neighborhoods in the U.S., Black men earn less as adults than white men who grew up in comparable neighborhoods with comparable families.
        • Black children who grow up in two-parent homes do worse economically than white children who grew up in poor single-parent homes.
        • Blacks have less access to clean water and air.
        • The typical white person lives in a neighborhood that is 75 percent white and 8 percent Black, while the typical Black person’s neighborhood is 45 percent African American, the U.S. Partnership on Mobility from Poverty reports.
        • According to Dr. Darrell J. Gaskin, deputy director of the Hopkins Center for Health Disparities Solutions at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 25.6 percent of African Americans lived in “healthcare deserts”—zip codes with few or no primary-care physicians—compared to 13.2 percent of whites.
        • Twelve percent of non-elderly Black people are uninsured, compared to 7.8 percent of white Americans.

Hit him hard

I love the part about less than 1% of black people commit violent crimes. I did my own stats a few years ago and found that .000001% of black males commit murder, yet our image has been DESTROYED to the point that all we're known for is murder or violent crimes.

I'm not even going to talk about how I live in one of the most expensive communities in the US and I see and hear about crimes committed by whites every single day, but they somehow get brushed under the rug. Why? Because the policing is different here vs there. It has nothing to do with whether anyone is committing a crime or not. It has all to do with what crimes magically get enforced.

Then when you look at the "stats" they all like to reference, it makes sense.
        travestyny and siablo14 like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post

big d... i think what they are saying is that when the black celebs and athletes dont speak out on something like this, then when they do speak out on blacks getting murked by the cops, it wont mean much to the public.
          I think any one that uses their platform to bring attention means something. If it didn’t, the nationalists wouldn’t get so mad.

like kapernick. They got mad becaue his actions forced people to discuss the issue when a lot of the nationalists don’t want to.

IMO, that is what all of this is about. There is a group of posters that hate it when black athletes use their platforms on social issues because they just want black people to play sports and entertain them.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

I think any one that uses their platform to bring attention means something. If it didn’t, the nationalists wouldn’t get so mad.

like kapernick. They got mad becaue his actions forced people to discuss the issue when a lot of the nationalists don’t want to.

IMO, that is what all of this is about. There is a group of posters that hate it when black athletes use their platforms on social issues because they just want black people to play sports and entertain them.
            There is also a group of posters who hate when certain black athletes and celebrities speak up about social issues but it doesn't fit neatly into their racial agenda.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post

There is also a group of posters who hate when certain black athletes and celebrities speak up about social issues but it doesn't fit neatly into their racial agenda.
              What social issues are those?

Comment

He's going to read your post and disregard it (like he does all of the stats I give him) but his track record speaks for itself.

Dude would have hung the jury in the Chauvin trial. That speaks volumes. He couldn't understand the depravity that comes along with kneeling on a man's neck who has no pulse. Seriously.
                Lol @ you guys jerking each other off. I disregard his post cuz he had nothing to say. My only interaction with that guy was mocking him for travelling to fight a guy in a parking lot over words online, then trying to charge people to pay for it. He’s still upset over that but tries to frame it as something different.

Comment

Dude. I don't know what part of same crime, same criminal history you don't get. That USSC study clearly states it controls for variables like: age, education, citizenship, weapon possession and prior criminal history.

And there are FEDERAL GUIDELINES. The difference comes in where then? You hit on it. Where the judges are able to make their own discretion. And when they do so, it turns out that blacks are getting 20% more time than whites for the same crimes. So when you say "same judges on the same day," I laugh. As if judges should look at the same exact crimes and so defer from the guidelines and give blacks 20% more time just by chance because they are catching black people on their "off days" 20% more often.

By the way, less than 1% of black people commit a violent crime in a given year. Crazy, isn't it? But since all of the studies are warped according to you, I wonder if those crime stats are warped, or if you just accept those stats. Now it's all good? No worries about if black neighborhoods are over policed. All good, right? No worries about class being the issue, right? Now it's simply a black people thing? There are a whole lot of black people out there that are not committing violent crime, and here you are saying that it's understandable that black people are treated differently, which is the very definition of racism. When you say things like that, the only thing I can think of is I wish you are treated like an active shooter every time you walk into a mall. Then maybe you would get it. Maybe your kids should be treated like a potential shooter when they walk into a school. Maybe then you would get it.

I would have thought you would have done more research on the dude that Viola Desmond replaced. I'm pretty sure you were quick to say she didn't do anything. I beg to differ. She should certainly be recognize for what she did. Do you know what John McDonald DID do to Indigenous people? Could that have anything to do with why he was being replaced? You didn't have to trash her because you thought he was worthy, did you? But that's exactly what you did.

Anyway, it's not only about crime. You say it's not as big of a problem. Nowhere near it's made out to be for everyday folks?

Well here you go. This is what I referred to posting in the other thread. Knock yourself out. If you want to learn more, visit the link. This was The Root's response to Tim Scott. There is a lot to unpack there, but let me say that the point is not woe is me it's so bad for black folks. But It is clearly not equitable conditions. Clearly. And this is over many facets of living. To people like you this is no big deal. I'll agree with you that a big problem is class. But then you have to ask yourself about why that leads to affecting blacks more than whites. I sincerely hope you don't think it's because blacks are lazy or blacks are more innately prone to criminal behavior. I don't know if you understand the dynamics of this country, being that you are Canadian. You need to think about things like being robbed of generational wealth and redlining. Things that still have an affect on people today. You apparently don't understand the inequity with regards to schooling. And that's not to say that people shouldn't take responsibility for their own actions. They should. But it's certainly not 100% due to their own actions. Not by a long shot.

https://www.theroot.com/was-tim-scot...cis-1846791206

Economics
                  • The typical Black American family is worth 10 percent of the average white family.
                  • Black people are more likely to be denied a mortgage or an auto loan, even when they have the same credit and employment history.
                  • A home in a Black neighborhood is worth $48,000 less than an identical home in a white neighborhood, even if both neighborhoods have the same resources, amenities and crime rate.
                  • For 50 years, the Black unemployment rate has hovered between two and 2.5 times the white unemployment rate.
                  • Black men earn 87 cents for every dollar a white man earns. And, if you think the pay gap is due to a lack of education, Black women, the most educated demographic in America, are among the lowest paid. A Black woman with a master’s degree makes roughly the same salary as a white man with an associates degree.
                  • Even when wages are controlled for education, years of experience, occupation and other compensable factors, Black workers earn about $2,000 less per year, a difference in salary that Jackson Gruver, a data analyst at compensation data and software firm PayScale, said is “likely attributable to race.
                  • ”In fact, according to math, the gap in median annual earnings increases with education.
                    [Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

Politics
                  • While the United States’ population is made up of 60 percent non-Hispanic white citizens, Congress is 77 percent white.
                  • Every single state legislature is disproportionately white, meaning every state has a greater percentage of white lawmakers than the population they represent.
                  • Eighty percent of sitting federal judges are white and 73 percent are men.
                  • People in Black neighborhoods wait, on average, 29 percent longer to vote than people who live in white neighborhoods.
                  • In the 2016 election, Black voters were 79 percent more likely than white voters to wait for more than 30 minutes before casting a ballot.
                  • Since Tim Scott took office in 2012, poll closings have disproportionately occurred in non-white precincts.
                  • Barack Obama is not only the first Black president, he was the first Black presidential nominee of a major political party, the first Black person to win a single electoral vote and the first Black person to win a state.
                  • In 244 years, there have only been 24 Black cabinet members and only Charles Curtis, Condoleezza Rice, Colin Powell, Barack Obama and Kamala Harris have been in the top five of the presidential line of succession.
                  • Throughout the history of the country, 1,994 people have served in the Senate. Tim Scott was only the fourth Black person in American history to be elected to the Senate by popular vote. Since his election, only three more have been elected, meaning Black people make up one-half of one percent of the total number of senators.

Criminal Justice
                  • Black men are sentenced to 20 percent longer sentences than white men who commit the same crime and have the same criminal history.
                  • Seven out of every 10 suspects held in jail without bail are non-white. Bail for white suspects is, on average, lower than bail for Black suspects, despite the fact that white suspects are more likelyto commit a crime while out on bail.
                  • Police are 20 percent more likely to stop Black drivers, and Black drivers are twice as likely to be searched, even though police are more likely to find contraband on white drivers.
                  • White people use illegal drugs more often than Black Americans. White people sell more drugs than Black Americans. In every year from 1980 to 2007, Black people “were arrested nationwide on drug charges at rates relative to population that were 2.8 to 5.5 times higher than white arrest rates,” according to Human Rights Watch.
                  • White defendants are 25 percent more likely to have criminal charges against them reduced to a less serious crime.
                  • According to a study by Northwestern University, over their course of life, Black men are about 2.5 times more likely to be killed by police, while Black women are about 1.4 times more likely to be killed by police than are white women.
                  • White people kill more police.
                  • White people are more likely to resist arrest.
                  • Police are least likely to use force against white people.

EducationSocial Issues
                  • Black children born in the bottom fifth of income earners have about a 2.5 percent chance of reaching the top fifth of the income bracket. White children, by contrast, have a 10.6 percent chance.
                  • For 99 percent of the neighborhoods in the U.S., Black men earn less as adults than white men who grew up in comparable neighborhoods with comparable families.
                  • Black children who grow up in two-parent homes do worse economically than white children who grew up in poor single-parent homes.
                  • Blacks have less access to clean water and air.
                  • The typical white person lives in a neighborhood that is 75 percent white and 8 percent Black, while the typical Black person’s neighborhood is 45 percent African American, the U.S. Partnership on Mobility from Poverty reports.
                  • According to Dr. Darrell J. Gaskin, deputy director of the Hopkins Center for Health Disparities Solutions at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 25.6 percent of African Americans lived in “healthcare deserts”—zip codes with few or no primary-care physicians—compared to 13.2 percent of whites.
                  • Twelve percent of non-elderly Black people are uninsured, compared to 7.8 percent of white Americans.

How do you think it’s possible to control for all eventual variables for a study like that? It’s simple logic to take these things with a grain of salt. They do their best, but it’s impossible. Do they keep stats on how many black people are charged disproportionately to other blacks, or how many whites are charged disproportionately to other whites for the same crimes? Nobody cares about that, only when it comes to white vs black, like everything else. It’s tiresome.

It’s true that a very small proportion of blacks overall commit crimes, which makes the stats even more staggering. You have a few percent of a population responsible for the lion’s share of violent crime in these inner city communities and want everyone to turn a blind eye and pretend it’s not true. A shift in culture is needed from within.

I don’t really care about violin desmond one way or the other, nor do I care about John MacDonald. It’s easy to look at people back then through our current moral lens and condemn them, but the fact is, the man put the country together. That earned his place on a bill I suppose. I’m sorry, but what she did and her impact is far less reaching than MacDonald, but the bill looks nice anyway.

Last edited by Real King Kong; 05-16-2021, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• Say her name!

Rip jaslyn adams

Comment

• Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post

How do you think it’s possible to control for all eventual variables for a study like that? It’s simple logic to take these things with a grain of salt. They do their best, but it’s impossible. Do they keep stats on how many black people are charged disproportionately to other blacks, or how many whites are charged disproportionately to other whites for the same crimes? Nobody cares about that, only when it comes to white vs black, like everything else. It’s tiresome.

It’s true that a very small proportion of blacks overall commit crimes, which makes the stats even more staggering. You have a few percent of a population responsible for the lion’s share of violent crime in these inner city communities and want everyone to turn a blind eye and pretend it’s not true. A shift in culture is needed from within.

I don’t really care about violin desmond one way or the other, nor do I care about John MacDonald. It’s easy to look at people back then through our current moral lens and condemn them, but the fact is, the man put the country together. That earned his place on a bill I suppose. I’m sorry, but what she did and her impact is far less reaching than MacDonald, but the bill looks nice anyway.
                      Well maybe you should go read the studies and you can find out how they control for variables. This is not a new concept.

I don't understand what you are saying by "turn a blind eye." You mean I want people to treat me based on who I am and not the color of my skin? I'm pretty sure that was Martin Luther King's dream. Some people can't do that. Do you know what we call them?

if you were an indigenous person, I'm pretty sure you would see the person differently. Some people are able to consider the entirety of the person, and others can't I suppose. I'm sure Hitler did some great things for Germany, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say Germany would probably rather have Anne Frank, a girl that "just hid in her attic," on their money instead of him.
                      Last edited by travestyny; 05-16-2021, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X