No announcement yet.

As It Should Be

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post

It's a lazy attitude to not help people just because their predicament is their own fault but it seems that is how alot of people walk away guilt free not doing it.

I remember helping this guy get home when he got kicked out if a rehab house, his fault? Yes but didn't wanna just leave him stranded in a city he was unfamiliar.

This particular issue shouldn't be a lock them up one and just because you found yourself locked up doesn't mean you did anything wrong, you just broke a rule that some authority came up with, most people don't even want said authority to have that power.
    We can all avoid needing others help by not doing dumb shlt.

Doing drugs is dumb.

Helping = Enabling most of the time and at a taxpayers expense.

This particular instance may have been extreme BUT how extreme do you think THEY WERE with their vics ?

Pisses me off, the vics are always the forgotten ones.

''If I fall off the wagon....no biggie. People will be there to support me .''
    Last edited by BodyBagz; 04-19-2021, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

We can all avoid needing others help but not doing dumb shlt.

Doing drugs is dumb.

Helping = Enabling most of the time and at a taxpayers expense.

This particular instance may have been extreme BUT how extreme do you think THEY WERE with their vics ?

Pisses me off, the vics are always the forgotten ones.
      No one can always make the right calls, you live and learn, we're not talking about rape, murder, or theft here those are real victims and that is another issue.

I think you have the right to make a bad decision for yourself and maybe someone will be able to help you out maybe you'll have to get yourself out of it.

On this particular issue I'd rather we go the rehab route, we waste alot of tax money on far less worthy endeavors and this being a legal matter is a proven failure in any case so time to change course I think.

Comment

No one can always make the right calls, you live and learn, we're not talking about rape, murder, or theft here those are real victims and that is another issue.

I think you have the right to make a bad decision for yourself and maybe someone will be able to help you out maybe you'll have to get yourself out of it.

On this particular issue I'd rather we go the rehab route, we waste alot of tax money on far less worthy endeavors and this being a legal matter is a proven failure in any case so time to change course I think.
        Again, there are many moving pieces when it comes to drugs.
        Many murders happen before it reaches the dealers hands.
        Most drug infested neighborhoods are run down hell holes.
        I don't know many parents who would encourage their kids to become drug users.
        I mean, what is the selling point ?

IMHO, keep taking taxes to for prisons and aid for victims.

It's telling how much leeway felons get.

Don't break the law
        I don't know bunch people but none of them ever had to break the law.

Comment

Again, there are many moving pieces when it comes to drugs.
          Many murders happen before it reaches the dealers hands.
          Most drug infested neighborhoods are run down hell holes.
          I don't know many parents who would encourage their kids to become drug users.
          I mean, what is the selling point ?

IMHO, keep taking taxes to for prisons and aid for victims.

It's telling how much leeway felons get.

Don't break the law
          I don't know bunch people but none of them ever had to break the law.
          I strongly disagree with a simple don't break the law and do what you're told without question but I suppose it depends what matters to you more here, society as a whole which can go down the toilet as it is for all I care or individuals you come in contact with.

Maybe I just enjoy helping younger guys who fu cked up when I can. People will always fu ck up no matter what and make some bad choices for themselves no laws or anything will change human fallibility.
          BodyBagz likes this.

Comment

I strongly disagree with a simple don't break the law and do what you're told without question but I suppose it depends what matters to you more here, society as a whole which can go down the toilet as it is for all I care or individuals you come in contact with.

Maybe I just enjoy helping younger guys who fu cked up when I can. People will always fu ck up no matter what and make some bad choices for themselves no laws or anything will change human fallibility.
            Life should be simple.
            Not do whatever you're told. That's a reach.
            Laws are laws. If a person thinks, in their heart of hearts, that they are not breaking a law, well, go for it and find out.
            Kids have figured out the cops n robbers game.
            Yet adults keep playing the fool.
            ''They don't know any better''

You should hear them laugh when they are with their friends.

You're a sensible person who I would say doesn't go out of his way and break the law ?

I am 100000% inflexible when it comes to something so simple.
            I am no one special and even I know not to break the law.

Comment

Life should be simple.
              Not do whatever you're told. That's a reach.
              Laws are laws. If a person thinks, in their heart of hearts, that they are not breaking a law, well, go for it and find out.
              Kids have figured out the cops n robbers game.
              Yet adults keep playing the fool.
              ''They don't know any better''

You should hear them laugh when they are with their friends.

You're a sensible person who I would say doesn't go out of his way and break the law ?

I am 100000% inflexible when it comes to something so simple.
              I am no one special and even I know not to break the law.
              I don't go out of my way to break laws but also do things that are not advisable at time and sometimes it works out well, sometimes not, that is life.

The thing is you can do or not do what ever you like in life but there will be some consequences no matter what you choose, I accept that and my personal freedom and autonomy is of high value to me over security and stability.

Comment

I don't go out of my way to break laws but also do things that are not advisable at time and sometimes it works out well, sometimes not, that is life.

The thing is you can do or not do what ever you like in life but there will be some consequences no matter what you choose, I accept that and my personal freedom and autonomy is of high value to me over security and stability.
                Facts

As long as those choices don't negatively effect (affect ?) someone else.

Technically, we are free to kill, rape and rob
                We are also free to not do those things

The majority of civilized people don't do those things.

I hold civilized people to a high standard.
                Accept the blame.
                Learn from it.
                Recidivism is almost at a laughable rate.

I use the ''how did what I'm about to do work out for others who did the same thing?'' model.

Spray_resistant likes this.

Comment

Home invasion

Sometimes the punishment has to exceed the crime.
                  I highly doubt they were going to eventually change their ways on their own.

No one has to break the law.
                  Yeah. Let him suffer like that.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                    Yeah, I don’t really care what they did. It’s not supposed to work that way.
                    Rockin talks a lot about being like China. But he would be all for this. Damn commie

Comment

Having your home invaded can ruin the lives of those who see their home as the only place of sanctuary. My point being 600 days in confinement? FKK him.

Comment

Working...
                      X