Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here into cryptocurrency investment?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

The problem is people have been saying it’s too late for years and years for BTC and it keeps going up when you take it over a period of years.

the real question is will BTC be worth
    more in 5-10 years than today? Many people believe so, which is why i
    still don’t believe it’s a bad investment in terms of putting gains from more volatile coins into it.

that said, I don’t tend to really put too much time into my crypto portfolio now. I invested a while ago a bit of spare money and it’s far far bigger than it was when I started, so unless the whole market crashes badly, I’m in good profit and it’s not money i miss having, so I basically just leave it alone and see what happens, sometimes I take some profits if it seems a good time.
    If you invested some time ago then you're in a great position to just hodl and occasionally take profits here and there.

Regardless of what a digital asset is worth what really matters is what you bought it at and then where it goes from there so yeah BTC could still have a great deal of upward momentum especially in time with more mainstream adoption of assets. Lately it's just been a bit stagnant but it does still have dips and pumps so I have bought and sold it here and there but it's not one of my long term holds at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post

Read this story on Quora recently:

https://qr.ae/pGTwLn

That mofo needs to dump that b^tch & get with some young girl who stfu & lets dude follow his instincts.

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post

I pulled the trigger but in a small way, about 1% of my total investment lol
        Did you make any coin?

Comment

Originally posted by markusmod View Post

Did you make any coin?
          Small amounts as my outlay wasn’t huge, few hundred pounds, after captain gains tax it will be about 200, was easy money.

still finding my feet with it

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post

Yeah similar reasons for me... ain't blind to the money to be made trading it as a speculative asset - of course - but it's the underlying principle of having a decentralised and theoretically democratised means of conducting tranactions that really appeals - the principle behind the thing. Course as long as blockchains are being treated as speculative assets their real world usage applications are kinda compromised by their very volatility but in time I'm expecting 'em to become the principle way in which we conduct trade, share information and so on... don't want to expound too much on my envsioned future but it links in to the idea of mankind moving towards living in smaller largely automonous and self-sufficient communities with cities being more like meeting places than permanent living spaces. Anyway.. I digress... I'm sure you get the idea. I'm pretty big on this whole decentralisation thing - also a supporter of stuff like alternative economies - timeshares and local barter economies, as well as being big on the free and open source software and information movements
            Its all part of people using the internet, instead of as a gigantic "Dear Abby" board, a means to empower our future... I agree with you on the points of your vision shared... Imagine a day when two fighters want to fight, so they post their intention, a funding app secures the funding directly from fans interested to raise the purses. Escrow companies could be used to make the funding commitment binding. No Arum!

Block chains are clunky, but there will come better recordation techniches as we progress. How bout using something like a random probability chain? Something like: Your wallet recordation is an event with a chain of events that is one gazillion to one probability of repeating, with enough complexity and your purchase is the record of the artificial event... That would be a way to use quantum computers, which can sort through these chains very quickly. So: I send my friend Koba 10k for the revolution... And the passcode is a sequence of events where little Suzy Who goes to get a quart of milk in Whoville, and winds up becoming the defacto president of Whoville. The events and process that led up to this are embedded in the wallet to access the crypto.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post

If you invested some time ago then you're in a great position to just hodl and occasionally take profits here and there.

Regardless of what a digital asset is worth what really matters is what you bought it at and then where it goes from there so yeah BTC could still have a great deal of upward momentum especially in time with more mainstream adoption of assets. Lately it's just been a bit stagnant but it does still have dips and pumps so I have bought and sold it here and there but it's not one of my long term holds at this time.
              Taking profits is a very important process.

Comment

Small amounts as my outlay wasn’t huge, few hundred pounds, after captain gains tax it will be about 200, was easy money.

still finding my feet with it
                Ah ok. Maybe I'll take a small dip.

Comment

When my polish buddy, Greg said buy Bitcoin, I did, when it looked like I was going to lose my lil money... I was apologizing to my wife...

Now, I’m big pops, ... I like it when my wife is happy..

she thinks I’m a lazy sac if dookie, but.... money talks—-bullchit walks..

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                    When my polish buddy, Greg said buy Bitcoin, I did, when it looked like I was going to lose my lil money... I was apologizing to my wife...

Now, I’m big pops, ... I like it when my wife is happy..

she thinks I’m a lazy sac if dookie, but.... money talks—-bullchit walks..
                    Rise of Bitcoin was crazy!

currently just with ETH.

avoiding the sh|tcoins

Comment

Rise of Bitcoin was crazy!

currently just with ETH.

avoiding the sh|tcoins
                      My wife used her powers and now she proven right...

I was al against it, I mean I never imagined

my wife now controls my money

I feel like an old due who needs a walker

Comment

Working...
                      X