Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here into cryptocurrency investment?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by markusmod View Post
    I'm still too nervous to pull the trigger.

I did see some crap about virtual trading cards that are exploding in value.
    I pulled the trigger but in a small way, about 1% of my total investment lol

Comment

Originally posted by Zaryu View Post
      I just want to start off saying I'm not a financial advisor hence I'm not giving anyone financial advise, you should definitely do your own research, and I've made a lot of bad investment decisions before so...

Keeping in mind these are all considered speculative investments, i think some relatively safe investments with crypto are: Bitcoin, ethereum, ChainLink, Polkadot, Cardano and Aave. You could also purchase the cryptocurrencies listed in PayPal and robinhood to benefit from less hard-core retail crypto speculators that will just buy what's available to them on those platforms.

There truly is a lot of low market cap hidden gems that will be huge in the future, unfortunately, I don't have the skills to identify those in advance. However, I do like coins that actually have current utility. I'm a fan and own the Voyager token from the Voyager app, a crypto broker. I think most exchange native tokens will do well, like the binance coin because they usually give you benefits on the exchange/platform you're buying tokens from. I also like StormX, it's a native token for a cash back app that gives you rebates on cryptocurrencies.
      I played myself with voyager and stmx had 106k of stmx @.008 sold like a idiot got into voyager @.60 panic sold in January before it went off
      Zaryu likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post

I pulled the trigger but in a small way, about 1% of my total investment lol
        I'm sitting on 1 million coins of BTT .0075 average want more once more clear but I'm in ADA and CKB

Comment

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
          I’m holding onto to chain link.. bought 1k worth. I’m going to hold it for a year forever.
          I have a large bag of link...its my #1...i have 1200 links.....its a forever hold(unless it reaches an astronomic # too good to pass up)...it will keep growing and once staking goes live ill have passive income that is large as the price rises....link is the best investment i feel you can make rn in defi

Eth is still a nice safe bet...i could see price getting to 10-20k real soon...

Aave is solid...BNT(bancor) is one I have a huge bag of...look more into bancor...great project where you can earn with your BNT and link....

also like DIP(insurance) IGG(gaming)...MATIC....WOO....a few others.....do some digging

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post

I have a large bag of link...its my #1...i have 1200 links.....its a forever hold(unless it reaches an astronomic # too good to pass up)...it will keep growing and once staking goes live ill have passive income that is large as the price rises....link is the best investment i feel you can make rn in defi

Eth is still a nice safe bet...i could see price getting to 10-20k real soon...

Aave is solid...BNT(bancor) is one I have a huge bag of...look more into bancor...great project where you can earn with your BNT and link....

also like DIP(insurance) IGG(gaming)...MATIC....WOO....a few others.....do some digging
            only into ETH, finding my war around, is 20k possible in the next 18 months?

Comment

Originally posted by meme_man View Post

I'm sitting on 1 million coins of BTT .0075 average want more once more clear but I'm in ADA and CKB
              just got eth, seems relatively safe

Comment

its def possible...but im not a financial advisor lol....eth is a good bet...safe bet....remember...crypto and defi is volatile...its different....id say in 18 months you could be around 10k...20 is possible but i wouldnt count on it

Comment

Originally posted by meme_man View Post

I played myself with voyager and stmx had 106k of stmx @.008 sold like a idiot got into voyager @.60 panic sold in January before it went off
                  I got into VGX at .49 cents, should have sold some at $7, but I try to minimize short capital gain taxes as much as I can so I'm still holding on. I believe in the company and the future of the token. Their stock is doing pretty dang good too.

I like stormx, I first bought speculating on it a bit, but I also just downloaded their app and they have a lot of stores you can shop through and get "cash" back in crypto. Pretty interesting and I think they have some potential.

Comment

It would need a load of guts to leave Bitcoin investment all the way from $180 per coin to $60k per coin hence only a few actually because millionaires infact most had forgotten they had bitcoins in their wallet!
                    Yeah no doubt. I mean imagine just having...let's say 10 bitcoins. And they were all bought at $200. And then you kept them all the way up until bitcoin hit 10K. You would've turned your initial $2K investment into $100K. Pretty much anyone would've been ecstatic turning 2K into a profit of ninety-eight thousand dollars.

However if you kept those 10 bitcoins all the way up until now, those 10 bitcoins would now be worth a staggering $600K.

It's just really mind boggling to think about.

I wonder how many people had a lot of bitcoin during its infancy -- back when it was worth pennies. And then sold them all when bitcoin hit like $50 a piece and thinking they hit the jackpot for turning nothing into 10 grand or so. But fast forward to today and a couple hundred bitcoin would be worth upwards of 12 million dollars...

Comment

No-one can answer that question for you man.... you're talking about a 1000% increase. Now yes it rocked up about 1500% between this time last year and now, but it also only went up about 50% between it's peak in 2018 and it's peak right now - that's only 50% between peaks 3 years apart. If you've bought recently then you bought high... long term I'd say it'd go up but random off the top of my head I'd say you ain't gonna get the massive fluctuations (and potential huge rises) that you see in assets with low capitalisation. Absolutely do not take my word - or anyone elses - on this but I'm not counting on BTC or ETC to rise more than a few hundred % over the next 3 years or so... although volatility will decrease making em a less risky proposition too. Random guess 5 to 8k on ETH and 100 to 150k on BTC within 3 years but honestly no way of knowing

As Pandas said the high risk and extreme returns are going to be in the smaller coins with lower caps.... **** with em at your own peril though - as the the disclaimer always goes 'the value of assets can go down as well as up'

Oh yeah... also bear in mind that since you bought high do not be surprised if it drops - even fairly sharply - and I'd recommend not panic selling although as ever only you can decide when it's right for you and what losses you can absorb. I would be highly confident in the price eventually rising back up and increasing well beyond it's current value but it's possible you might have to wait a while though... I bought into ETH in early '18 and had to wait til the very end of '20 before I got an ROI although thankfully I didn't need the money in the meantime so I was able to just sit it out... been using some of the return to diversify a bit and mess with some of the smaller altcoins plus a little into stocks in renewables and other shet I got an interest in.

Comment

Working...
                      X