Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here into cryptocurrency investment?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here into cryptocurrency investment?

First time I am investing in this area, it is totally mad, values of crypto are all over the place, if you have invested, what are you buying or holding?

I am not investing, no, but I once had a whole bitcoin on a couple separate occasions -- back when a whole bitcoin was worth around $180. If I had kept those bitcoins they would've been worth 120K today (bitcoin is currently at 60K). It's kinda weird to think about that now, but it doesn't bother me that much because there's an infinite number of stories out there worse than mine. I mean there are A LOT of people out there who would be multi-millionaires ten times over had they kept their bitcoin.

Anyway I had a tiny fraction of a bitcoin left -- at the time it totaled around $6 bucks. Then I had heard about bitcoin exploding and I went to go see if I could find my old bitcoin wallet app (I found it) and when I looked on there that $6 bucks had turned into $200, and now it's at $350.

I need to find something on the black market to use it on.

BostonGuy and Zaryu like this.

Comment

DYOR.

You need to figure out your own investing goals. When I buy crypto I have plans, short or long term, & I have numbers that are for exiting, doubling down, taking profits or just a long haul investment. That's not something anyone else can figure out for you cuz only you know your age, needs, income, risk tolerance & so on.

The only basic advice is if you are younger you probably wanna find more altcoins to go into more heavily than BTC/ETH as the right altcoins will have a better ROI. If you are older I'd suggest you wanna go more into BTC/ETH & less into altcoins as BTC/ETH still has room to grow, but is less likely to go drastically down & if they do it's likely time to buy more instead of fear selling.
      Spray_resistant likes this.

Comment

Yes I having gotten into it in the last few months and you need to study charts, keep any eye on the market, see what is a good dip to buy and pump to sell for short term and then have some digital assets for long term investments.

So far things are going well for me, couldn't hurt to watch youtube videos, I enjoy the crypto teacher and bearable bull's channel.

Comment

I own Bitcoin cash.

Comment

I just want to start off saying I'm not a financial advisor hence I'm not giving anyone financial advise, you should definitely do your own research, and I've made a lot of bad investment decisions before so...

Keeping in mind these are all considered speculative investments, i think some relatively safe investments with crypto are: Bitcoin, ethereum, ChainLink, Polkadot, Cardano and Aave. You could also purchase the cryptocurrencies listed in PayPal and robinhood to benefit from less hard-core retail crypto speculators that will just buy what's available to them on those platforms.

There truly is a lot of low market cap hidden gems that will be huge in the future, unfortunately, I don't have the skills to identify those in advance. However, I do like coins that actually have current utility. I'm a fan and own the Voyager token from the Voyager app, a crypto broker. I think most exchange native tokens will do well, like the binance coin because they usually give you benefits on the exchange/platform you're buying tokens from. I also like StormX, it's a native token for a cash back app that gives you rebates on cryptocurrencies.

Comment

I’m holding onto to chain link.. bought 1k worth. I’m going to hold it for a year forever.

Comment

I'm still too nervous to pull the trigger.

I did see some crap about virtual trading cards that are exploding in value.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  I am not investing, no, but I once had a whole bitcoin on a couple separate occasions -- back when a whole bitcoin was worth around $180. If I had kept those bitcoins they would've been worth 120K today (bitcoin is currently at 60K). It's kinda weird to think about that now, but it doesn't bother me that much because there's an infinite number of stories out there worse than mine. I mean there are A LOT of people out there who would be multi-millionaires ten times over had they kept their bitcoin.

Anyway I had a tiny fraction of a bitcoin left -- at the time it totaled around $6 bucks. Then I had heard about bitcoin exploding and I went to go see if I could find my old bitcoin wallet app (I found it) and when I looked on there that $6 bucks had turned into $200, and now it's at $350.

I need to find something on the black market to use it on.

It would need a load of guts to leave Bitcoin investment all the way from $180 per coin to $60k per coin hence only a few actually because millionaires infact most had forgotten they had bitcoins in their wallet!
                  Mike D likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    DYOR.

You need to figure out your own investing goals. When I buy crypto I have plans, short or long term, & I have numbers that are for exiting, doubling down, taking profits or just a long haul investment. That's not something anyone else can figure out for you cuz only you know your age, needs, income, risk tolerance & so on.

The only basic advice is if you are younger you probably wanna find more altcoins to go into more heavily than BTC/ETH as the right altcoins will have a better ROI. If you are older I'd suggest you wanna go more into BTC/ETH & less into altcoins as BTC/ETH still has room to grow, but is less likely to go drastically down & if they do it's likely time to buy more instead of fear selling.
                    Snap gone into ETH, I am a bit risk adverse

Comment

Working...
                    X