Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone watching this George Floyd trial?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 2shameless View Post

Not all homicide is murder.
    Yeah but all homicides are not death from a self administered overdose which is what the defense is claiming happened. However all murders are homicides. A homicide is the killing of one person by another person. That is what the two autopsies one private autopsy and an autopsy conducted by state concluded as the cause of death.
    Murder is whether or not the homicide is legal or not. For example legal homicide can be for self defense or by combatants during a war. Chauvin clearly was the cause of Floyd's death as discovered in the autopsies. This was corroborated by an expert as Robbie pointed out was unpaid. What the jury has to determine was the homicide committed against Floyd legal. There is no way in hell that's going to happen. He's going to be found guilty of one of the three charges. The most appropriate one would be second degree homicide considering how long he held his knee on Floyd's neck.
    travestyny travestyny likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaroku View Post

I am saying that our military and top decision makers wanted them alive and got their way.

Who were these officials? White men in leadership positions, no?

Similar white men who had no problems crippling the black community with policy, laws, discriminatory practices, etc, for "being Black and too smart".

Point I'm making is this. Black men fought and died for every US war, especially World War 2, only for the their enemy and enemy of the US (e.g. Nazi's) to return to the US with more power and privilege than them!

This is why I laugh when I hear contemporary white American's talk about how their ancestors were poor immigrants from Poland, Scotland, etc. That might ne true, but the moment they stepped foot in America, they then became WHITE and inherited the benefits and privilege's that came with it. They as immigrants took priority over Black Americans.... But not because they were so much smarter than everyone, but because they were beneficiaries to a SYSTEM

As smart as you guy's are it cracks me up when you act like you don't understand this

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post

You think they only get paid in court?

According to SEAK’s 2017 National Guide to Expert Witness Fees and Billing Procedures:
        1. 74% of expert witnesses require an up-front retainer. The median initial retainer fee for an expert witness is $2000.
        2. The median hourly fee for file review/preparation for all non-medical expert witnesses is $245.
        3. The median hourly fee for file review/preparation for all medical expert witnesses is $350 (43% higher than for non-medical experts).
        4. The median testimony hourly fee for medical expert witnesses is $500/hour.
        5. The median testimony hourly fee for non-medical expert witnesses is $275/hour.
        6. On average, expert witnesses who testify mostly for defendants command higher fees than expert witnesses who testify mostly for plaintiffs.
        7. Expert witnesses who testify mostly for plaintiffs are significantly more likely to require an up-front retainer from retaining counsel.
        8. Almost half (47%) of expert witnesses require a signed retention agreement prior to initiating work on a case.
        9. 53% of all expert witnesses have a cancellation policy whereby they retain all or a portion of a deposition or trial appearance fee for cancellations made within a certain specified time prior to the scheduled date.
        10. 33% of all expert witnesses charge a minimum number of hours for deposition testimony.
        11. 31% of all experts charge a minimum number of hours for trial testimony.
        And you think he's helping out only because of the kindness in his heart??

Comment

• Originally posted by elfag View Post

expert witnesses are all prescreened. the prosecutors are only going bring out someone that says what they want. if that guy didnt claim it was murder they would just find another one to say it is. The states own autopsy did not say it was murder. So what the state asked around until they found a doctor to call it murder.
          What do you mean? The autopsy did say it was murder. Or rather that it was homicide.

Nevermind. I see Robbie and Tony already explained it above.
          Last edited by travestyny; 04-09-2021, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post

Yeah absolutely. If he didn't he would be sitting at home watching his television.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post

He said in court he wasn't getting paid. You think he's lying? He said he spent hundreds if not thousands of hours viewing material. Calculate how much money he could have received from those numbers. As i said before, this guy spent 40+ years building his reputation as one of the best in the world, how likely is it that he would risk damaging that if he wasn't sure? For free.

Comment

• The officials were most certainly white.
                I am not white, and I met another poster and a lot of posters have seen my face... I look middle eastern/Greek/Italian/Jewish

not white Jew.

I kinda got over looking at the whiteness of a persons skin. It was easy, because I got caught up in drama in Mexico with pale looking guys, and only I was called a plastici(plastic)

I told the popo I was a Chicano, and made the mistake of speaking Spa

nish with an American accent. I called my primo and was released immediate ly( corruption cuts two or three ways)

why do BLM fools act like chicanos?

ask rich asians, blacks, euro bums, Russian Jews how hard was it to get money in America.

immigrants are needed in America while chicanos, blacks, cry and don’t move on.

my ppl came unwillingly to America, Spain and Portugal said get out, convert or we burn you.

blacks are not the only ppl that were mistreated slaves

HrNY HrNY likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                  Yeah but all homicides are not death from a self administered overdose which is what the defense is claiming happened.
                  Not knowing whether a lethal dose was self administered or not, a coroner would be forced to conclude homicide.

However all murders are homicides.
                  Irrelevant, as you know, as is everything that follows.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post

Yeah but all homicides are not death from a self administered overdose which is what the defense is claiming happened. However all murders are homicides. A homicide is the killing of one person by another person. That is what the two autopsies one private autopsy and an autopsy conducted by state concluded as the cause of death.
                    Murder is whether or not the homicide is legal or not. For example legal homicide can be for self defense or by combatants during a war. Chauvin clearly was the cause of Floyd's death as discovered in the autopsies. This was corroborated by an expert as Robbie pointed out was unpaid. What the jury has to determine was the homicide committed against Floyd legal. There is no way in hell that's going to happen. He's going to be found guilty of one of the three charges. The most appropriate one would be second degree homicide considering how long he held his knee on Floyd's neck.
                    How can you believe that to be the only possible cause of death, especially when that man was on an over dose ride of Fentynal? Besides, what about Morries Hall (Floyds drug dealer) taking the 5th and not testifying (for the prosecution) because the judge brought Murder 3 back up to the table? .............Rockin'
                    Last edited by Rockin'; 04-09-2021, 03:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2shameless View Post

Not knowing whether a lethal dose was self administered or not, a coroner would be forced to conclude homicide.

Irrelevant, as you know, as is everything that follows.
                      The dr that did the autopsy is giving his testimony now. With what he explained that would go down as undetermined. He said the cause of the death was the cops. Poor timing.

Comment

Working...
                      X