Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone watching this George Floyd trial?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by travestyny View Post

    Dude, you're not paying attention. Not taught, as in IT WAS NOT THE CORRECT PROCEDURE.


    THIS IS WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT:

    maxresdefault.jpg

    Not what Chauvin did.




    He mentioned that it could happen WHEN THEY ARE CUFFING INDIVIDUALS AND IS NOT TO BE CONTINUED WHEN THE PERSON IS HANDCUFFED AND UNDER CONTROL.
    Here is what he said - How long such a restraint is applied would depend on the level of resistance the subject is offering, Mercil said. When the prosecutor asked if the method would be authorized if someone is under control and handcuffed, he replied, "I would say no."

    So now we get into the weeds of it - we have to consider now whether 1) one would consider Floyd under control in this situation. I would not say that he was. He was flailing around a lot and was on drugs. He was also a very large guy. That has to be considered as well. He wasn't a 90 pound grandma.

    And 2) He gave his opinion that if someone was handcuffed and under control, that technique would not be 'authorized' in his opinion. It is still a legal move. But now we get into the issue again of what is considered 'under control.'

    Also, not that it really matters but it appears he directly states in that article as well that they DON"T teach that technique you just posted:

    Describing the police use of neck restraints, Mercil said the department's training calls for officers to use their arms to restrict the flow of blood to and from the brain by applying force to the side of the neck "with the intent to gain control of a subject." He also said that while neck restraints can be performed with the legs rather than the arms, his unit doesn't teach officers to do that in their in-service training.

    "As far as my knowledge [goes]," he added, "we never have."


    I feel like you're trolling now since you posted that. Which is good in a way, since maybe you know that the stuff you're saying is not accurate at all.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post

      What exactly did I "win"? Wow. This verdict has you feeling liked you took an L. As funny as that is it's also pathetic. It's obvious that the only angry one here is you with your hyperbole about America being set back by the verdict or whatever that nonsense was that you posted.

      Your statements about this case are only showing how mentally unstable you are. Get some help.
      Dude I am the sanest man around. I think that is evident. Don't play dumb. You think this was a 'win' for you. That's the sad part. You're just not smart enough to think to step 2 dude. That is evident. No shame in that really, there are a lot of people like you out there. Do you

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post

        Here is what he said - How long such a restraint is applied would depend on the level of resistance the subject is offering, Mercil said. When the prosecutor asked if the method would be authorized if someone is under control and handcuffed, he replied, "I would say no."

        So now we get into the weeds of it - we have to consider now whether 1) one would consider Floyd under control in this situation. I would not say that he was. He was flailing around a lot and was on drugs. He was also a very large guy. That has to be considered as well. He wasn't a 90 pound grandma.

        And 2) He gave his opinion that if someone was handcuffed and under control, that technique would not be 'authorized' in his opinion. It is still a legal move. But now we get into the issue again of what is considered 'under control.'

        Also, not that it really matters but it appears he directly states in that article as well that they DON"T teach that technique you just posted:

        Describing the police use of neck restraints, Mercil said the department's training calls for officers to use their arms to restrict the flow of blood to and from the brain by applying force to the side of the neck "with the intent to gain control of a subject." He also said that while neck restraints can be performed with the legs rather than the arms, his unit doesn't teach officers to do that in their in-service training.

        "As far as my knowledge [goes]," he added, "we never have."


        I feel like you're trolling now since you posted that. Which is good in a way, since maybe you know that the stuff you're saying is not accurate at all.


        Dude, I just said at least twice that they don't teach the technique I posted. If there was a typo in there or something, so be it. But I'm pretty sure I said that a number of times already.

        Originally posted by travestyny View Post

        1. The article says as plain as day that the neck restraint was NOT taught. That's because what Chauvin did was NOT one of the neck restraints that was taught.
        So why are you bringing it up that they didn't teach the knee to neck restraint which is what I said already at least twice?


        If you can read, you should have been able to understand that. It's plain English.


        2. How in the hell was Floyd not under control even when he was passed out and had no pulse. Explain.


        Comment


        • Originally posted by travestyny View Post



          Dude, I just said at least twice that they don't teach the technique I posted. If there was a typo in there or something, so be it. But I'm pretty sure I said that a number of times already.



          So why are you bringing it up that they didn't teach the knee to neck restraint which is what I said already at least twice?


          If you can read, you should have been able to understand that. It's plain English.


          2. How in the hell was Floyd not under control even when he was passed out and had no pulse. Explain.

          No, the technique you posted with the MMA move. That is what I was referring to. You realize that is not something they teach, right?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post

            No, the technique you posted with the MMA move. That is what I was referring to. You realize that is not something they teach, right?
            YES! I've said it multiple times. I said it even in the last message to you that was quoted from my first reply to you when I said, "NOT ONE OF THE NECK RESTRAINTS THAT IS TAUGHT."

            What am I missing here? You see it there, don't you?


            Or here:

            Originally posted by travestyny View Post
            There were two neck restraints that were legal in Minneapolis. One was using your arms, and one was using your legs in the triangle (which was not taught). Neither was what Chauvin did. And his knee was clearly on Floyd's neck most of the time (90% of the time according to an expert who analyzed the video).
            Last edited by travestyny; 04-21-2021, 01:47 AM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by travestyny View Post

              YES! I've said it multiple times. I said it even in the last message to you that was quoted from my first reply to you when I said, "NOT ONE OF THE NECK RESTRAINTS THAT IS TAUGHT."

              What am I missing here? You see it there, don't you?


              Or here:

              Why would you post a picture of and make a comment about another technique that wasn't taught, that Chauvin didn't do? It has no relevance to anything here.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post

                Dude I am the sanest man around. I think that is evident. Don't play dumb. You think this was a 'win' for you. That's the sad part. You're just not smart enough to think to step 2 dude. That is evident. No shame in that really, there are a lot of people like you out there. Do you

                Your insecurities are hilarious

                You're doing an excellent job projecting your stupidity, insecurities, and clear mental illness. The fact that you're so disingenuous makes this even more funny.
                Last edited by joseph5620; 04-21-2021, 01:51 AM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post


                  Your insecurities are hilarious

                  You're doing an excellent job projecting your stupidity, insecurities, and clear mental illness. The fact that you're so disingenuous makes this even more funny
                  Yeah man, whatever you say

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post

                    Why would you post a picture of and make a comment about another technique that wasn't taught, that Chauvin didn't do? It has no relevance to anything here.
                    OMG. Please try to follow.


                    You were talking about neck restraints. I'm telling you that what he did was not one of the approved neck restraints.


                    Why do you think this came up in trial? Because it had no relevance? Look at all the people who testified that this method he used was 1) Not an authorized neck restraint, and 2) a prone restraint that is not to be used once the subject is handcuffed. These are all or mostly Minnesota police.


                    Many of Derek Chauvin's law enforcement colleagues disagree with how he restrained George Floyd. Here's how they have testified.

                    https://abcnews.go.com/US/derek-chau...ry?id=76899862
                    siablo14 likes this.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by travestyny View Post

                      OMG. Please try to follow.


                      You were talking about neck restraints. I'm telling you that what he did was not one of the approved neck restraints.


                      Why do you think this came up in trial? Because it had no relevance? Look at all the people who testified that this method he used was 1) Not an authorized neck restraint, and 2) a prone restraint that is not to be used once the subject is handcuffed. These are all or mostly Minnesota police.


                      Many of Derek Chauvin's law enforcement colleagues disagree with how he restrained George Floyd. Here's how they have testified.

                      https://abcnews.go.com/US/derek-chau...ry?id=76899862
                      Dude, you were trying to say that picture/restraint was the one that was taught. It's obvious. Just own it as a mistake and move on lol. Doubling and tripling down in these situations is never prudent.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X
                      TOP