No announcement yet.

I Have a Bad Feeling About Coming to America 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Have a Bad Feeling About Coming to America 2

I'm going to be so gutted if they massacre this sequel like they did Ghostbusters. From the trailer on Amazon, I'm already worried this is going to inject a lot of feminist BS.

So, in the trailer, there's a part where Eddie finds his male heir in the US, but we see a scene where he has a daughter back in Zumunda and a line about, "Women can't be heirs" and her mother taking a stance against customs...

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by iamboxing; 03-04-2021, 02:07 PM.

I'm more nervous about Leslie Jones, she usually makes everything worse, hoping I'm wrong, but I have a feeling she's gonna stink up the joint as usual.
    Marchegiano Marchegiano likes this.

Comment

It will be basically the same story. Same tired jokes with both leads playing multiple characters. I’ll pass.

Comment

All these 30-year-later sequels suck ass. It will just be everyone dressing up as their original character rehashing the same jokes. Hard pass.

Comment

Looks like it will be pretty good. I wanna see the return of the classic Randy Watson character and his ATG band Sexual Chocolate.

Comment

Parker peaked right around the Ruiz fight. He's slower and throws far fewer punches than he used to.

I don't see how he makes it past Chisora.

Comment

Lower your expectations on anything released this year and beyond. They will cash in on the name but the humor won’t be there. China has invested heavily into Hollywood, so anything the Chinese government finds offensive will be kept out of major productions. Eventually every ethnic group will determine what is offensive and we will all be reduced to watching propaganda documentaries.
              iamboxing iamboxing likes this.

Comment

I mean its a sequel. So its probably not gonna be Ben Hur.

From the trailers it looked fun enough in that Cobra Kai sorta way that if you liked the first one you'll enjoy this one.

As to the woman heir thing I can't say that I give a fook. I'm used to the usual predictable troupes in films that are why I dgaf about spoilers. It is what it is. Gotta have more folks walking away feeling good then feeling bad & I suspect women being half the population & most guys not gaf like me = thats more likely to happen than not with a Queen of Zamunda. I mean ffs damn near every movie gots some relationship angle to it thats forced into the plot of everything from kid movies to disaster flicks so this ain't nothing new or surprising if its the expected movie troupe of the woman leader who everyone overlooks cuz of tradition.
                siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                  Lower your expectations on anything released this year and beyond. They will cash in on the name but the humor won’t be there. China has invested heavily into Hollywood, so anything the Chinese government finds offensive will be kept out of major productions. Eventually every ethnic group will determine what is offensive and we will all be reduced to watching propaganda documentaries.
                  And don't be surprised if there is a Chinese character or some Chinese angle in the plot lol. Like when they made Eddie put a white guy in the original one I wouldn't be surprised if he was forced to put a Chinese or Asian character of some sort in this one. Domestic revenue/box office is cool, but that worldwide revenue/box office is what its about. Although maybe the Amazon angle to this movie makes that not in play as much idk.
                  siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Comment

Ghostbusters was a reboot. Not a sequel.

It’s probably gonna suck.

Movies are written ten times over and overproduced. It’s not like it used to be

Comment

Working...
                    X