No announcement yet.

Kid ranks near top of class with a GPA of 0.13 lmao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    Welcome to the age of celebrating 9th place trophies. Educators are too busy teaching kids about gender dysphoria and how to be victims. Who needs an education when you have Google at your fingertips? Bunch of dumbasses walking around. Parents are equally to blame. Got their heads up their asses trying to build up likes and followers on social media or watching The Bachelor.

Dear Mr Ghost:

On behalf of Big Poppa and Boxing Scene LTD, we would like to congradulate you! You are the 100th best poster on fight beat! Larry Sims is the 99th, and beat you out by 2 posts... which means that if you keep up the great work, there is no reason you cannot eventually be the 99th best poster! You might want to also congradulate that lug Marcigiano who will be getting a participation trophy for being our 1000th best poster! We should also say, everyone will be getting a trophy here, so you can all form a nice giant victory circle!!!

Yahhhh!!!!!
    GhostofDempsey GhostofDempsey likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
      Black excellence in full effect.
      Its not race, it is economic class... Poverty, ignorance, one parent households, etc. One of the things an education is supposed to teach us is understanding of how our situation affects the rest of the situation. The term "progressive" and "Liberal" when occasionally used correctly are supposed to mean educated enough to care about the social ills at large.

Inner city Blacks, as a social class, certainly have many issues, but there is much more progress made in these communities than a community like certain Punjab provinces in India where a man can kill his daughter, nonchalently walk with her head in his hand, and be "understood" as having been disrespected. Young daughters in India are brutally murdered a lot, which imo is much more ignorant than even kids shooting each other on the streets in Chicago imo. And in white Appalachia? there are towns with an entire population of drug addicted households... and no social services to speak of... Many Indian reservations are in a similar situation.

Zaryu Zaryu likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

There are a lot of great people in the profession. Unfortunately a very big problem is when well intentioned, idealistic young adults, who often grow up in a different environment, teach in inner city schools. These teaching programs these days are rigid and unless one is very wise, they cannot see how being rigid with kids, many of whom often have no responsible adult figures, can create a disaster. At the very least it can create a system where there is no trust between the kids and the teacher, and no respect... Which is a similar bad outcome. I once sat a beautiful blonde teacher a grade up from me down... she was giving her paraprofessional (a helper) a hard way to go... I asked her point blank..."Mrs ___ when you go home tonight will you see these kids in your neighborhood? will you be there if one of them got kicked out, to offer your couch? can you talk to thejm about not getting pregnant, leaving a gun at home/vis a vis how to protect yourself during a conflict?" I explained to her that her Para Mrs___ Smith lived in the same hood, and did these things daily. Don't know if I got through to her lol... definite maybe.

You really have to be street wise, want to connect to the kid's situation as a whole, and have a concern for kids beyond the classroom, to have success in the classroom. I can
        remember situations where I got a kid a job interview and they show up high as a kite lol. Then being told "I was nervous so I smoked a bowl with my mom." But the kids do respond. What really gets me, really hits my heartstrings is a situation that taught me a lot. My fellow teacher, who taught the English and Social Studies, to my Science and Math for special ed students, was murdered in China while on vacation. The situation was horrid! The funny thing was Mr Keyes, the teacher was decent to the kids... but borderline. He never really showed a great deal of love for them but was ok. He was also a white guy... When he was murdered, even with the difference in race, and even though Bill keyes was not exactly teacher of the month, the kids, all inner city black, Hispanic (a few Asian) were Devistated! I mean they were traumatized. Just from the little love this guy gave these kids, it was enough for them, their families, and the whole community to really come together and grieve.

That made me realize that it does not even take much to do right by many of these kids... I mean I just love kids... for me it was natural to take them out as a group for lunch down the block occasionally, to treat them like I would sons and daughters in my own household... But even a perfunctory gesture now and then, was so much more than these kids got...
        Agreed. When I worked for the school district, I went to different schools all over town. The ones I enjoyed weren't the ones with the best equipment and cleanest facilities, it were the ones in the letter streets, the ones in the hood. When I went to the richer areas, the parents were pretty much "fix my child", whereas the non so great areas, parents were just thankful their kid was getting extra support. Kids were still kids, but the kids in the not so great area did seem to have a bigger appreciation of the ones in the better areas.

Comment

Its not race, it is economic class... Poverty, ignorance, one parent households, etc. One of the things an education is supposed to teach us is understanding of how our situation affects the rest of the situation. The term "progressive" and "Liberal" when occasionally used correctly are supposed to mean educated enough to care about the social ills at large.

Inner city Blacks, as a social class, certainly have many issues, but there is much more progress made in these communities than a community like certain Punjab provinces in India where a man can kill his daughter, nonchalently walk with her head in his hand, and be "understood" as having been disrespected. Young daughters in India are brutally murdered a lot, which imo is much more ignorant than even kids shooting each other on the streets in Chicago imo. And in white Appalachia? there are towns with an entire population of drug addicted households... and no social services to speak of... Many Indian reservations are in a similar situation.
          Class is a part of the equation sure, but kids of all races have achieved through having s supportive family and ambition to succeed.

Just blaming social mobility is cowardice, the real core issue is the lack of a supportive family and father in the home to lead as a positive role model.
          HrNY HrNY likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by HrNY View Post

Agreed. When I worked for the school district, I went to different schools all over town. The ones I enjoyed weren't the ones with the best equipment and cleanest facilities, it were the ones in the letter streets, the ones in the hood. When I went to the richer areas, the parents were pretty much "fix my child", whereas the non so great areas, parents were just thankful their kid was getting extra support. Kids were still kids, but the kids in the not so great area did seem to have a bigger appreciation of the ones in the better areas.
            Yup. The rich areas have their own "neglect." A lot of kids are drug addicted, and are not really parented, so much as looked after by nannies, caretakers. My younger boy went to a public middle school in a toney neighborhood. Many of the well to do kids were a real mess.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post

Class is a part of the equation sure, but kids of all races have achieved through having s supportive family and ambition to succeed.

Just blaming social mobility is cowardice, the real core issue is the lack of a supportive family and father in the home to lead as a positive role model.
              Its just realizing there is no racial component that makes kids a certain way. Also acknowledging it is tougher for some than others. I actually do think the resources are there in our society (the United States) if a kid makes an effort. Certain social problems plague different groups of individuals. These can be overcome. The knowledge and understanding has to be there. When people denigrate college for example, that is bad because education is truly a way of attaining freedom. Even more so than economic prosperity, college affects our quality of life because we learn, through spending a period of time out of our lives, how to study a topic at a higher level. College can be done so many ways, community colleges can be excellent, and scholarships abound. I was fortunate that my first born went through college on scholarship.
              Zaryu Zaryu likes this.

Comment

There are a lot of great people in the profession. Unfortunately a very big problem is when well intentioned, idealistic young adults, who often grow up in a different environment, teach in inner city schools. These teaching programs these days are rigid and unless one is very wise, they cannot see how being rigid with kids, many of whom often have no responsible adult figures, can create a disaster. At the very least it can create a system where there is no trust between the kids and the teacher, and no respect... Which is a similar bad outcome. I once sat a beautiful blonde teacher a grade up from me down... she was giving her paraprofessional (a helper) a hard way to go... I asked her point blank..."Mrs ___ when you go home tonight will you see these kids in your neighborhood? will you be there if one of them got kicked out, to offer your couch? can you talk to thejm about not getting pregnant, leaving a gun at home/vis a vis how to protect yourself during a conflict?" I explained to her that her Para Mrs___ Smith lived in the same hood, and did these things daily. Don't know if I got through to her lol... definite maybe.

You really have to be street wise, want to connect to the kid's situation as a whole, and have a concern for kids beyond the classroom, to have success in the classroom. I can
                remember situations where I got a kid a job interview and they show up high as a kite lol. Then being told "I was nervous so I smoked a bowl with my mom." But the kids do respond. What really gets me, really hits my heartstrings is a situation that taught me a lot. My fellow teacher, who taught the English and Social Studies, to my Science and Math for special ed students, was murdered in China while on vacation. The situation was horrid! The funny thing was Mr Keyes, the teacher was decent to the kids... but borderline. He never really showed a great deal of love for them but was ok. He was also a white guy... When he was murdered, even with the difference in race, and even though Bill keyes was not exactly teacher of the month, the kids, all inner city black, Hispanic (a few Asian) were Devistated! I mean they were traumatized. Just from the little love this guy gave these kids, it was enough for them, their families, and the whole community to really come together and grieve.

That made me realize that it does not even take much to do right by many of these kids... I mean I just love kids... for me it was natural to take them out as a group for lunch down the block occasionally, to treat them like I would sons and daughters in my own household... But even a perfunctory gesture now and then, was so much more than these kids got...
                Two of my sisters grew up to be teachers, and I also have other relatives that are teachers. I've been truly amazed by the way they're able to impact these kids lives just by showing them they care about them.

Comment

Proof of the vicious cycle -
                  People who have no business having kids and blaming others when their kids turns out to be a POS.

i'm glad she stopped at one, though.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post
                    Proof of the vicious cycle -
                    People who have no business having kids and blaming others when their kids turns out to be a POS.

i'm glad she stopped at one, though.
                    lol we sure it's only one?

Comment

Who cares? Public school is just obedience training for dogs basically all you learn how to do is kill you're own creativity and free thought in place of learning how to be compliant sheep.
                      Marchegiano Marchegiano likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X