No announcement yet.

So Dr. Seuss books are racist now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HrNY View Post
    they weren't going to remove dr. suess books from the library, but now they are

can anyone name someone who removed books and wanted to erase history and actually turned out to be a good guy? anyone?
    I guess anyone who wants to remove Hitler's Mein Kampf or people that get the N word taken out from the N Word Jim character in Huck Finn?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post

I guess anyone who wants to remove Hitler's Mein Kampf or people that get the N word taken out from the N Word Jim character in Huck Finn?
      Guess folks should get rid of Django too and everything else with the N word

also it doesn't make sense that dr suess isn't on ebay while hitler's book still is, along with books on how to build bombs
      Last edited by HrNY; 03-12-2021, 04:57 PM.

Comment

159966915_3008791889338706_2176684614134433499_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=110474&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=pDf-wqgfRxYAX9ROlkg&_nc_ht=scontent.fymy1-2.fna&tp=14&oh=94d1fc9570a9e9073cb9400a5182cf20&oe=60723ABD.jpg

Comment

a few of them, yeah dude. the asian characters don't even look like real humans. the lips on the black people take up half of their faces, and they're in straw skirts. have any of you looked at the images? 6 of his 60 books are no longer being published. you do not have the right to tell a publisher, who bought rights to publish these books, that you're forcing him to publish them.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            a few of them, yeah dude. the asian characters don't even look like real humans. the lips on the black people take up half of their faces, and they're in straw skirts. have any of you looked at the images? 6 of his 60 books are no longer being published. you do not have the right to tell a publisher, who bought rights to publish these books, that you're forcing him to publish them.
            What happened to caricature and offensive. Why is everyone jumping at calling everything RACIST right away?

Comment

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post

The first one really isnt that bad. Maybe if he had made his skin absurdly yellow. But he looks normal to me.
              also nothing i see wrong with the second one either.
              that was actually a re-edit picture of it... the original picture does have it in yellow. the original picture also has the chinaman with a pigtail in yellow skin.

Comment

Working...
              X