• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by club fighter View Post
    You be the judge.

[Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

Comment

I'm offended by 70 year old books that I've never read before and will never read!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HrNY View Post
        They're removing this while this Friday there's a new Disney Princess who's Vietnamese, Cambodian, Filipino, Laos, Thai, and Indonesian. I've never met someone who was all of those, yet they're trying to say they're all the same? They can't just give a movie to a full Filipina? Mulan is Chinese and got a movie to herself, Tiana is a black girl from New Orleans and got a movie to herself, but we're supposed to think Vietnam, Cambodia, Philippines, Laos, etc are all one?
        It's possible. The four grandparents can be those nationalities.

Comment

Even if it is racist (and its not BTW) what is wrong with letting the parents decide what their own kids can or can't read?

Why are all the liberals so terrified of ideas that don't fit their own agenda?

​​​​​​A bad idea is a bad idea, people are able to decide for themselves at any age to be honest.

Like if you want to cut off your ***** and grow breasts...that is actually encouraged by the Democrats lol

Comment

There used to be book clubs out there... When you got a book if it was contraversal they would explain why, and where any offending material was in the text. I just do not understand why parents can't be told in a prologue of some sort that certain images are dated in a child's book.

I can't help but think many of our members are not aware of how many offensive situations, illustrations appear in books... Should they all be recalled? Huck finn, Catcher in the Rye, etc. Its not a good policy to ever censor. If it is offensive, then explain it in a prologue. The exception to this is information that can cause material harm... Like a book about poisoning the municipal water supply.

Its right there in the first amendment! And it is there for a reason. When members can explain to me how offensive images in a child's book that should be explained, can cause material harm, I will apologize and change my opinion. Wouldn't be the first time, I am learning also... But I see this as a very clear boundary that will become a slippery slope.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post

These images are great... They present a golden opportunity to explain to a child that the images are offensive and why. A true teaching moment.

Comment

Whats the problem?

Comment

You be the judge.

The first one really isnt that bad. Maybe if he had made his skin absurdly yellow. But he looks normal to me.
                  also nothing i see wrong with the second one either.

Comment

You be the judge.

We wuz Kangz 'n Shiet

Comment

Wait until the Libs get a hold of a DICTIONARY...Man soo many words they don't understand and how to pronounce that they will deem RACIST!!!

BAN the DICTIONARY!!! Can't be having books that teach and make ppl smarter.

Comment

Working...
                      X