No announcement yet.

So Dr. Seuss books are racist now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
    My knee jerk reaction was outrage also BUT maybe if you look at the pages in question it will slow your boil.
    Yeah exactly. He did some insanely racist **** in his early career (whether the reflect his values or the spirit of the age, it doesn't matter), and later in life drew anti-racist ones. Taking these off the market entirely or removing the racist bits clearly reflect his values and I don't see what the big deal is.

Most of all: these are some of his shittiest books and no one reads them anyway.

Comment

Sometimes when I wanna **** with my kids I sing Dr Suess over their music in the rhythm of the original lyrics. Try it, it's fun.

Comment

I’m pretty sure the books they’re discontinuing are ones nobody here has ever read.

Comment

When do they start taking all those movies showing indians as blood thirsty savages out of circulation?

The whole thing is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

getting into street fights with loaded wraps and tweezed brows and relentlessly low blowing our opponents until they can no longer stand. como grampa tito, y mi tio cotto tambien.

Comment

I better start making copies of HBO series The Wire and Oz...

Wow if these soft fuks see what those series are about they'll be woke overloaded...

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

What's specifically racist about those books?

blacks looking like monkeys in straw skirts and with their lips taking up half of their faces, and asians who are so slant eyed they cannot see and no longer look like people. they are racist images and the publisher doesn't want to publish them. google doctor seuss racist images and you can either stick your head in the sand or see that there's certainly a leg to stand on.
                siablo14 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

blacks looking like monkeys in straw skirts and with their lips taking up half of their faces, and asians who are so slant eyed they cannot see and no longer look like people. they are racist images and the publisher doesn't want to publish them. google doctor seuss racist images and you can either stick your head in the sand or see that there's certainly a leg to stand on.
                  There is a distinction between caricature and racsim. But today as soon as someone's feelings are even mildly hurt, they scream RACISM. Quite pathetic.
                  Alf Stewart likes this.

Comment

You be the judge.

[Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]
                    siablo14 likes this.

Comment

Distortion of facts here. It’s not Dr Seuss books. It’s certain Dr Seuss books. Six have been shown to have archaic racist depictions of blacks and Asians. They got to go.
                      siablo14 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X