So Dr. Seuss books are racist now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://natedsanders.com/ItemImages/000036/49718_lg.jpeg

Comment

I noticed that the extremist on both sides love to grab a tweet or a purposal of a select few and run with it like its real. Most of these people on Social media are trolls and could tell the difference between their a-hole and elbow.

Sadly though there are many Americans that are not to bright and will go to extremes thinking this stuff is real. "Re tweeting and re posting" fake news seems to be done to cause more divide.
      Russian Crushin likes this.

Comment

My knee jerk reaction was outrage also BUT maybe if you look at the pages in question it will slow your boil.
        siablo14 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          What's racist specifically?

I always got a overcoming racist vibe from Green Eggs & Ham myself, but maybe there was some racist Suess book called White Hoods & Robes my mom ain't buy me.
          This **** starting to remind me of that Chapelle's Show skit where all the racist animals from kids shows. "Yeah, Yall might have knew him as flipper, but we knew him as James....the ***** hatin' dolphin"

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            6 of his 60 books have been taken from shelves. i am expecting revisions off the books to go back into print. you can't have childrens books drawing black people looking like monkeys and asians having barely recognizable faces because they are so slant eyed. these are childrens books published by a private company. all about the rights of businesses no? then respect the right of a private publisher to do whatever the **** it wants, including publishing a picture of that 350 lb pimpled up wife of yours taking a load on her face from other men.
            Thats all well & good but at the end of the day all your doing is justifying censorship which is becoming increasingly widespread and is getting worse as the years go on, those examples you used are fine, but what does the illustrator - whoeveer that was - have to do with the authors books being banned? what is the connection? wouldnt they just change the illustrations?

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

This **** starting to remind me of that Chapelle's Show skit where all the racist animals from kids shows. "Yeah, Yall might have knew him as flipper, but we knew him as James....the ***** hatin' dolphin"
              Bwahahahahahahaha. I remember that skit. Man I miss that show

Comment

So what Dr. Suess book is that from that's currently being sold?

Comment

So the solution is to go back and change everything that is offensive? How about using the images as a segway to explaining that things were different at different times? Its a slippery slope... I actually think you know that want to troll a bit lol.

Comment

They're removing this while this Friday there's a new Disney Princess who's Vietnamese, Cambodian, Filipino, Laos, Thai, and Indonesian. I've never met someone who was all of those, yet they're trying to say they're all the same? They can't just give a movie to a full Filipina? Mulan is Chinese and got a movie to herself, Tiana is a black girl from New Orleans and got a movie to herself, but we're supposed to think Vietnam, Cambodia, Philippines, Laos, etc are all one?

Comment

What's specifically racist about those books?

Comment

Working...
                      X