No announcement yet.

Anime is better than current American cartoons

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anime is better than current American cartoons

I enjoy getting in late on a Saturday night and watching an episode of Assassination Classroom or Food Wars on Adult Swim. Generally funny and creative with some heart behind the story.

When I try to watch modern American cartoons, on the other hand, I get turned off by their spastic energy and how soulless they are. It feels like they're made for mean-spirited children with low attention spans.

Anyone else feel that way?

Last **** I watched that's American was Troll Hunter and Dragon Prince on netflix. Both was good, they're for kids so...you know, as good as can be expected. I definitely would not call either spastic or soulless.

I'll check out them animes though

Comment

Kid cartoons nowadays suck. There are some adult ones that I like. Rick and Morty, Mr. Pickles, Super Jail, Moral Oral, Mike Tyson Mysteries, Family Guy, Simpson's, and South Park are all good imo. I like the innuendo and adult humor cartoons. My favorite animes are Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood and the original '03 along with Inuyasha. I watch Attack on Titan and some of the adult swim animes on Saturday nights. Of course I love Dragon Ball Super but I've seen all the episodes so far. I watched the original Dragon Ball-Z-GT-Super.

The 90's-early 2000's cartoons were the best though like X-Men, Spider-Man, Batman: The Animated Series, Fantastic Four, Rugrats, Hey Arnold!, Doug, The Ren & Stimpy Show, Rocko's Modern Life, Aaahh!! Real Monsters, Gargoyles, TailSpin, Rescue Rangers, Dark Wing Duck, DuckTales, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron, Rocket Power, Gummi Bears, Tiny Toon Adventures, Dexter's Laboratory, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Jungle Cubs, Muppet Babies, The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest, Thundercats, Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z, Inspector Gadget, The Transformers, Beast Wars, G.I. Joe, Captain Planet and the Planeteers, Pirates of Dark Water, Garfield and Friends, The Adventures of Super Mario Brothers, Goof Troop, Aladdin, Pup Named Scooby Doo, Timon & Pumbaa, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
        Kid cartoons nowadays suck. There are some adult ones that I like. Rick and Morty, Mr. Pickles, Super Jail, Moral Oral, Mike Tyson Mysteries, Family Guy, Simpson's, and South Park are all good imo. I like the innuendo and adult humor cartoons. My favorite animes are Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood and the original '03 along with Inuyasha. I watch Attack on Titan and some of the adult swim animes on Saturday nights. Of course I love Dragon Ball Super but I've seen all the episodes so far. I watched the original Dragon Ball-Z-GT-Super.

The 90's-early 2000's cartoons were the best though like X-Men, Spider-Man, Batman: The Animated Series, Fantastic Four, Rugrats, Hey Arnold!, Doug, The Ren & Stimpy Show, Rocko's Modern Life, Aaahh!! Real Monsters, Gargoyles, TailSpin, Rescue Rangers, Dark Wing Duck, DuckTales, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron, Rocket Power, Gummi Bears, Tiny Toon Adventures, Dexter's Laboratory, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Jungle Cubs, Muppet Babies, The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest, Thundercats, Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z, Inspector Gadget, The Transformers, Beast Wars, G.I. Joe, Captain Planet and the Planeteers, Pirates of Dark Water, Garfield and Friends, The Adventures of Super Mario Brothers, Goof Troop, Aladdin, Pup Named Scooby Doo, Timon & Pumbaa, etc...

Check out Archer, by far and away the best adult cartoon, no politics involved, just pure enjoyment.

Comment

Way better and funnier if you know japanese and Japanese history.

nothing happens in isolation

jokes need to be contextualized
          my wife and I laugh at jokes in anime that are possibly missed by westerners

fe loves picking apart the transliteration of Japanese anime

Production I.G ppl are my wife’s clients... cool azz weirdos like me.

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post

Actually, good point. The ones for kids, not as good these days. But the more adult oriented ones, like you see on Fox and Adult Swim are pretty kickass. I'm not an anime fan though, but there's plenty of good modern cartoons, for adults anyway. Kids' cartoons had more balls back in the day. I mean, they actually killed off Optimus Prime in the original Transformers movie, which caused it to bomb in theaters and G.I. Joe producers to change the ending so Duke survived. The DIC G.I. Joe cartoon had an episode where a drug dealer died after an accidental overdose of his own drug with the words "drugs kill" on the screen. Think they'd air that after school these days? I doubt it. Sunbow version was way better anyway. Kids' movies had more balls too. Check out Return to Oz sometime, that movie is f****d up. Or Dark Crystal, which had Jim Henson puppets. Most kids movies today are safe and sanitized.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post

Check out Archer, by far and away the best adult cartoon, no politics involved, just pure enjoyment.
              There are better anime in Japan, these ppl got ****o anime xxxx rated skeet spraying all over and everywhere

j dudes crazy nasty

they go and do the dirty wrong daily.

Comment

I agree. That’s pretty much a land slide.

Comment

the best anime of all time is dragon ball. most anime is a sure sign that if you're watching it on a saturday in your adulthood you should consider ending your life.

Comment

New England has obviously never gotten home after partying and turned on the TV to wind down a little.

He doesn't seem like the social type so I guess that's not surprising.

Comment

Working...
                    X