Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternate history: What if the Civil Rights movement failed in the USA? How would things play out ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternate history: What if the Civil Rights movement failed in the USA? How would things play out ?

Let’s have fun. I like Alternate history. So what if the civil rights movement failed in the 50s & 60s in the United States. How do you feel our future would play out until now?

Of course we probably wouldnt have Micheal Jordan, Micheal Jackson , Oprah, Mike Tyson, Floyd Mayweather, Obama , Jay Z and music may or may not be the same.

would rock be the same ? Rap ? R&B ?

would America still be a super power ?

would there be another civil war ?

how about Sports ? No way we have the dream team ! How about boxing ? What about other non white immigrants?

how would the 70s, 80s, 90s and 2000s play out ?

what movies ? What about politics? What about women’s rights ? How would future wars would be different ?

let’s have fun With this !

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
    Let’s have fun. I like Alternate history. So what if the civil rights movement failed in the 50s & 60s in the United States. How do you feel our future would play out until now?

Of course we probably wouldnt have Micheal Jordan, Micheal Jackson , Oprah, Mike Tyson, Floyd Mayweather, Obama , Jay Z and music may or may not be the same.

how about Sports ? No way we have the dream team ! How about boxing ? What about other non white immigrants?

what movies ? What about politics? What about women’s rights ? How would future wars would be different ?

Its a tough scenario because it was inevitable. I think it would have eventually happened. It is debatable whether LBJ even wanted it to happen. It is like apartheid. If it was delayed it may have occured first in the cities. The South would eventually have had to come around.

Comment

My buddy loves this iinda stuff, like if 100 marines with proper war tools joined the south in the civil war... etc.

too many back to the future permutations...
      so I assinate Hitler and x times worse than him emerge and more of my ppl exterminated...

I played NCAA water polo and I was a bench warmer...
      if this then that..

real chit.. IHS independence high school east San Jose I helped a guy who played for the beavers and he prevented Cal from going to the rose bowl.

I shared test answers cuz he was dumb as a rock.

im kinda old so I often reflect on how choices I made impacted others ...

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Its a tough scenario because it was inevitable. I think it would have eventually happened. It is debatable whether LBJ even wanted it to happen. It is like apartheid. If it was delayed it may have occured first in the cities. The South would eventually have had to come around.
        You think the EU and United Nations would put Sanctions on the United States like how they did South Africa ?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post

My buddy loves this iinda stuff, like if 100 marines with proper war tools joined the south in the civil war... etc.

too many back to the future permutations...
          so I assinate Hitler and x times worse than him emerge and more of my ppl exterminated...

I played NCAA water polo and I was a bench warmer...
          if this then that..

real chit.. IHS independence high school east San Jose I helped a guy who played for the beavers and he prevented Cal from going to the rose bowl.

I shared test answers cuz he was dumb as a rock.

im kinda old so I often reflect on how choices I made impacted others ...

It’s definitely fun stuff.

Comment

You think the EU and United Nations would put Sanctions on the United States like how they did South Africa ?
            Ariel Sharon was the most obstinate of Israelis when it came to making any concessions to the Palistinians. He was cruel, violent and seemingly determined to dehumanize the Palistineans. Yet... at the twilight of his political career, he came out for a separate state for the Palistineons. Many think he was killed (he died under somewhat strange circumstances from a stroke) for his change in view... His death trajectory was strange, atypical for sure...

Why did Sharon make this concession? It was not because he wanted to do good things for humanity, had a change of heart, an ippifany after seeing Palistinean children playing with israeli kids... No, this guy was a bstard from the start, a cold hearted murderer with a bank decree to murder away, and nothing of the sort gave this man a taste of humanity. Sharon as a military intellegencia member was top notch. He realized that the Palistineons could not be wiped out and would eclipse the population of Israel no matter how many were murdered. In his mind it was INEVITABLE and the only way to deal with it was to separate them so they could be dealt with, not as an occupying force, but as another state that could be attacked.

In africa Black countries were destroying areas occupied by White africans. Especially Dutch strongholds were being overrun by Black dictators... There was no defense against this, because at a certain point the numbers tell the story. South Africa had to make a conscession. Blacks in the country were from different tribes, the Bantu being a primary group... And these tribes had members in other countries, etc. Not only would the international community and their sanctions destroy the prosperity of South Africa, but internally there was the risk of a coupe.

In the United States we have a similar situation. Blacks were one large group (unlike South Africa), but in a republic there has to be parity is how the States abide by fundamental constitutional issues. Blacks had established a large, productive middle class, and contrary to present times, post second world war Black communities were models of stability. Two parent house holds, little teenage pregnancy, most individuals working... The South was rightly seen as a ss backwards, and needing a Federal push to bring up the rear, so to speak. Eventually the mandates to make these rights fundamental would have to occur, or we would have been thrown back into a civil war type scenario, or we would have had to go backwards and establish a country based on race, much like South Africa. Someone was going to start the revolution lol!

Hope this makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Ariel Sharon was the most obstinate of Israelis when it came to making any concessions to the Palistinians. He was cruel, violent and seemingly determined to dehumanize the Palistineans. Yet... at the twilight of his political career, he came out for a separate state for the Palistineons. Many think he was killed (he died under somewhat strange circumstances from a stroke) for his change in view... His death trajectory was strange, atypical for sure...

Why did Sharon make this concession? It was not because he wanted to do good things for humanity, had a change of heart, an ippifany after seeing Palistinean children playing with israeli kids... No, this guy was a bstard from the start, a cold hearted murderer with a bank decree to murder away, and nothing of the sort gave this man a taste of humanity. Sharon as a military intellegencia member was top notch. He realized that the Palistineons could not be wiped out and would eclipse the population of Israel no matter how many were murdered. In his mind it was INEVITABLE and the only way to deal with it was to separate them so they could be dealt with, not as an occupying force, but as another state that could be attacked.

In africa Black countries were destroying areas occupied by White africans. Especially Dutch strongholds were being overrun by Black dictators... There was no defense against this, because at a certain point the numbers tell the story. South Africa had to make a conscession. Blacks in the country were from different tribes, the Bantu being a primary group... And these tribes had members in other countries, etc. Not only would the international community and their sanctions destroy the prosperity of South Africa, but internally there was the risk of a coupe.

In the United States we have a similar situation. Blacks were one large group (unlike South Africa), but in a republic there has to be parity is how the States abide by fundamental constitutional issues. Blacks had established a large, productive middle class, and contrary to present times, post second world war Black communities were models of stability. Two parent house holds, little teenage pregnancy, most individuals working... The South was rightly seen as a ss backwards, and needing a Federal push to bring up the rear, so to speak. Eventually the mandates to make these rights fundamental would have to occur, or we would have been thrown back into a civil war type scenario, or we would have had to go backwards and establish a country based on race, much like South Africa. Someone was going to start the revolution lol!

Hope this makes sense.
              it made sense to me and very detailed. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X