No announcement yet.

The f---ing Linux operating system...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post

Yeah i heard ubuntu is good. The very first one i had was mint! I forgot what version it was but that was my favorite. Kali is pretty good. Its hard to install add ons and programs so i just stuck with windows. I hate all the commands lol
    I think all the newer releases tend to be more user friendly - in that you got a GUI for almost everything and much less stuff you have to do on the console. They been trying to broaden the appeal. Been using Ubuntu coming on a decade now and it's changed very significantly over that time in terms of how much tinkering you need to do under the hood... So to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post

I think all the newer releases tend to be more user friendly - in that you got a GUI for almost everything and much less stuff you have to do on the console. They been trying to broaden the appeal. Been using Ubuntu coming on a decade now and it's changed very significantly over that time in terms of how much tinkering you need to do under the hood... So to speak.
      Oh cool. Thanks I'll check it out.

Comment

You mother****ers better start speaking English in this thread or everyone is banned

Comment

I'm on peppermint these days but I switch often to see new distros and stuff like that. I like the very flexible OSes most but the windows replacers, ease of use style linux, are all good too.

Comment

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post

Danm you learned all that? Did it come with the OS?
            Kali Linux does come with a lot of tools installed and python is included by default in most Linux distributions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Haymon View Post

Kali Linux does come with a lot of tools installed and python is included by default in most Linux distributions.
              That’s interested.

So how is the Threadstarter bypassing the thread title auto sensor via the Linux operating system?

Comment

I hear that this operating system provides more options but it is an eyesore and takes away from the user experience.

Comment

Some of the light flavors do great on old laptops/PCs there's so many to choose from.

Comment

I've used all distros at this point from mint, debian, centos, ubuntu, arch and even slackware until it got too old and a whole host of unpopular ones. I used to do so much distro-hopping with a USB constantly in my hand waiting to try a better distro. What finally stopped all the switching was Fedora. None of them com - it's the most stable and polished OS I've ever used.

Comment

My biggest issue with it is you cannot use MagicJack (a VOIP telephone service) with it which I have used for many years. My current PC which I got from a recycler came with Ubuntu installed and I liked it...but MagicJack saves me money and I'm not prepared to do away with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X