X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courtois an absolute brick wall out here

Comment

• This was fated. You can't waste the chances Liverpool managed to make and expect to win.

Comment

• The EPL and Ronaldo's legacy just took a monstrous L.

"They can't win without Ronaldo." Nope. They can, he can't win without them.
        siablo14 likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
          The EPL and Ronaldo's legacy just took a monstrous L.

"They can't win without Ronaldo." Nope. They can, he can't win without them.
          Jesus christ dude not everything is about Ronaldo ffs

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            This was fated. You can't waste the chances Liverpool managed to make and expect to win.
            Liverpool got Bernard Hopkins'd lol

Comment

• Glad they lost but hope nobody got hurt trying to get into that stadium. Only footy at the end of the day.

Liverpool failed to score in 3 finals. Failed to beat any top 4 team.

Two shootout victories between them and nothing.

Comment

• ^^^ I think that's the sign of Liverpool deteriorating.

Their golden moment is starting to wane.

I think once Salah and Mane start declining and/or one of them are sold. Klopp's Liverpool are done.

WIth that said, I'd still take Roberto Firmino to Chelsea in a heart beat.

Comment

• Courtois had a good game.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                    ^^^ I think that's the sign of Liverpool deteriorating.

Their golden moment is starting to wane.

I think once Salah and Mane start declining and/or one of them are sold. Klopp's Liverpool are done.

WIth that said, I'd still take Roberto Firmino to Chelsea in a heart beat.
                    I think Firmino has been off it for a while.

But yeah that is the profile of striker Chelsea need there. I actually think Havertz can do it and he is improving. Just needs consistency.

The issue with Havertz is the German league is so weak. Then he got covid and struggled and now he has found his way. You notice it with more aggression in his game that he is becoming something else.

He needs to play angry to be a real threat. His technique is solid it will never let him down.

Havertz is class but he needs to step up next season otherwise you can bracket him with Pulisic and say maybe he isn't quite good enough.

I expect 20 league goals from Havertz next season. I mean the dude has like 8 this year but he has to get close to that 20. He has the talent but it is a numbers game. I have a lot faith in him.

The other forwards we have I question their talent. Ziyech has no right foot. Pulisic has a variable first touch and has lost explosiveness - weak finisher. Timo is basically crap. CHO has no explosiveness, doesn't take risks, switches off defensively.

I would keep Puli even so (he at least appreciates space on the pitch and gets into the box) Havertz, Mount.. the others. I dunno man. Maybe a loan for CHO.

Werner and Ziyech need to go for me.

Comment

• I'll take Firmino anyways. Chelsea have done wonders with old "past-it" players. Cesc, Giroud, Thiago to name a few.

I don't think the German league is weak though. Havertz just isn't a natural striker, he was a midfielder before Chelsea.

He's 6'3" or something but he isn't a natural striker and it shows. Outside of his heading ability he doesn't have a natural sense for goal. It would be like converting Lampard to striker just because he scored a lot in midfield and I think that's what happened with Havertz here. Though Havertz, I think, was converted to striker because of his ability to hold up a ball and that Mount does a better job from midfield.

The percect example of this is really Feillaini. A tall midfielder who was strong, can hold up a ball, can dribble but was as hit-or-miss as David Luiz when it came to scoring. Even when Jose played him as a striker.

That's Havertz.

I'm with you on the other players though. My only gripe with Pulisic however is that he is perpetually injured. I even agree with loaning CHO. I love the kid but he needs it. Send him to Germany and see if he can do what Sancho did. If he does, he'll come back with confidence.

Timo and Ziyech should go though. Full stop. For their own sake and Chelsea's. No doubt Timo will score 20+ goals if he leaves. But Chelsea just don't cater to his style of striker. By extension, Lukaku as well.

Which is why I don't get why Tuchel is rumored to want Nkunku from Leipzig. Who is exactly the same as Werner... Tuchel buys him, I will accept no excuse from the man for Nkunku becoming a 7 goal striker at Chelsea.
                      StarshipTrooper likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X