No announcement yet.

My gaming PC is the biggest waste of money in my entire life

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Seriously, biggest waste of money I have right now, and ever had, my gaming PC.

RTX 2080, 64gb RAM, 5TB HDD (5x 1TB WD Black), 1TB SSD NVMe, AMD Ryzen 7 3800x cpu, Noctua NH-D15 SSO2 D-Type cooler, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus motherboard, Noctua NF-F12 fans all over the case, and I forgot what I have as a PSU, I know it's some Gold rated one. The case? The beastly Thermaltake Tower 900. Yes I know, The Tower 900 is better suited for liquid cooling, but I went with air cooling because I prefer the style and color of Noctua fans. Monitor is a $600 Acer Predator XB1, 27inch, 1440p, 144hz, 1ms, G-Sync.

Why is it a waste of money? I don't even use it. I have a $1300 Dell all-in-one PC which I keep in my living room, where I always am, so it's my primary PC. I only go into my bedroom (where my gaming PC is) to use the bed, or do exercise on my free standing pull-up/chin-up/leg rise/dip station. The worst part of it is that I moved the nearly $3k gaming PC away to another corner, disconnected, to make room for weight training equipment, which totals around $400. Yeah, I moved away $3k worth of of stuff, to make room for $400 worth of stuff. I don't even know if it's really $3k, it's probably less. The most expensive stuff was the monitor, the GPU, and the CPU. The case cost like $270 iirc, I forgot.

But yeah, I don't use it. I might as well sell it. It would be less than what I paid for. But at least i'll get something back. I use my PS4 Pro in my living room for gaming.
    I had similar thinking, ended up with my Xbox as gaming, and Dell G15 laptop (fully spec) for £1400 for occasional gaming but brutally fast day to day use.

Comment

Seriously, biggest waste of money I have right now, and ever had, my gaming PC.

RTX 2080, 64gb RAM, 5TB HDD (5x 1TB WD Black), 1TB SSD NVMe, AMD Ryzen 7 3800x cpu, Noctua NH-D15 SSO2 D-Type cooler, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus motherboard, Noctua NF-F12 fans all over the case, and I forgot what I have as a PSU, I know it's some Gold rated one. The case? The beastly Thermaltake Tower 900. Yes I know, The Tower 900 is better suited for liquid cooling, but I went with air cooling because I prefer the style and color of Noctua fans. Monitor is a $600 Acer Predator XB1, 27inch, 1440p, 144hz, 1ms, G-Sync.

Why is it a waste of money? I don't even use it. I have a $1300 Dell all-in-one PC which I keep in my living room, where I always am, so it's my primary PC. I only go into my bedroom (where my gaming PC is) to use the bed, or do exercise on my free standing pull-up/chin-up/leg rise/dip station. The worst part of it is that I moved the nearly $3k gaming PC away to another corner, disconnected, to make room for weight training equipment, which totals around $400. Yeah, I moved away $3k worth of of stuff, to make room for $400 worth of stuff. I don't even know if it's really $3k, it's probably less. The most expensive stuff was the monitor, the GPU, and the CPU. The case cost like $270 iirc, I forgot.

But yeah, I don't use it. I might as well sell it. It would be less than what I paid for. But at least i'll get something back. I use my PS4 Pro in my living room for gaming.
      1 Corinthians 13:11
      "When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things."

Video games are for kids.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post

1 Corinthians 13:11
        "When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things."

Video games are for kids.
        65% of American adults play video games.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...es-by-age-usa/

And it’s only increasing.

Do you know who got me into gaming? My mother, Super Mario Bros on the SNES. My mother, an adult, played with my siblings and I. She showed us how to play it. Lol. My biggest gaming partner is my wife, of 34 years old. She is a nurse. She was a gamer long before we met.

If you’re an adult with a job, educated, works, takes care of your bills, etc, stereotypes of adulting shouldn’t define your adulthood. An adult doesn’t always have to be someone sitting at a bar on Saturday night drinking and talking about stocks.

Comment

65% of American adults play video games.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...es-by-age-usa/

And it’s only increasing.

Do you know who got me into gaming? My mother, Super Mario Bros on the SNES. My mother, an adult, played with my siblings and I. She showed us how to play it. Lol. My biggest gaming partner is my wife, of 34 years old. She is a nurse. She was a gamer long before we met.

If you’re an adult with a job, educated, works, takes care of your bills, etc, stereotypes of adulting shouldn’t define your adulthood. An adult doesn’t always have to be someone sitting at a bar on Saturday night drinking and talking about stocks.

I second this mate. Became teetotal 5 years ago and haven’t looked back. Spare time now is football (soccer, when not injured), gym, watching a **** load of football & boxing, reading, birdwatching.

But apart from all this, nothing chills me out like gaming; especially retro games.

Defining “infantilism” in adults is a mug’s game, anyway. Are you an adult if you reject video games but insist on watching loads of marvel or Star Wars movies? How about if you just go out at the weekend and drink with your family still at home, surrounded by single people? I mean, even watching sports is just watching adults playing child’s games with each other, but with a manufactured meaningfulness to it.
          Last edited by P to the J; 05-28-2022, 12:58 AM.
          -Kev- -Kev- likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post
            Xbox upstairs, Playstation downstairs. Not much outlay, loads of enjoyment. Nash out - Nash is the wisest of wise men, and the greatest of all Nash's.
            Dolemite smokes Vinny jones.

In fact, prime Bjork does him even quicker, but it only be unanimous decision if nowadays. She’s lost of that hunger she had building up to that time at the airport

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post

I second this mate. Became teetotal 5 years ago and haven’t looked back. Spare time now is football (soccer, when not injured), gym, watching a **** load of football & boxing, reading, birdwatching.

But apart from all this, nothing chills me out like gaming; especially retro games.

Defining “infantilism” in adults is a mug’s game, anyway. Are you an adult if you reject video games but insist on watching loads of marvel or Star Wars movies? How about if you just go out at the weekend and drink with your family still at home, surrounded by single people? I mean, even watching sports is just watching adults playing child’s games with each other, but with a manufactured meaningfulness to it.
              I love old games. I just purchased an N64 on ebay last month. I have the Switch, which has N64 games online, but nothing beats a real N64 with the wired controller, power switch, and blowing in a game cartridge to make it load.

I was really hoping the remakes of the SNES and PSOne had more games pre-loaded. I was looking into those and was underwhelmed. I have a ton of PS1 games downloaded in my PS3, and the physical PS1 discs work in the PS3. But, again, it’s the experience, nostalgia of popping open the grey Playstation and putting the disc in.
              P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post

Dolemite smokes Vinny jones.

In fact, prime Bjork does him even quicker, but it only be unanimous decision if nowadays. She’s lost of that hunger she had building up to that time at the airport
                Vinny Jones is still a tremendous fighter. Of course, not as good as the man who ****ed him up, but the Great Nash believes that Vinny would beat Bjork by a possibly debated, split decision points victory. Nash out.

Comment

I love old games. I just purchased an N64 on ebay last month. I have the Switch, which has N64 games online, but nothing beats a real N64 with the wired controller, power switch, and blowing in a game cartridge to make it load.

I was really hoping the remakes of the SNES and PSOne had more games pre-loaded. I was looking into those and was underwhelmed. I have a ton of PS1 games downloaded in my PS3, and the physical PS1 discs work in the PS3. But, again, it’s the experience, nostalgia of popping open the grey Playstation and putting the disc in.
                  I’m gonna emulate you here. Sold my N64 with Pilotwings 64 (one of my favourite games of all time) and mini-PS2 (w/the ps1 backwards compatibility) about 14 years ago, and regretted the **** out of it since. Didn’t actually know ps1 games could play on PS3; that’s a very handy piece of info.

The remakes of ****, I never bother with. Just a cynical cash grab. Tbh, so is the Switch’s retro games online malarkey, but i’ll either load up on free trials, or rent 3 months for small change, so it doesn’t feel quite so like an enema.

You’re bang on, though. They don’t compare to actually having the original product.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post

Vinny Jones is still a tremendous fighter. Of course, not as good as the man who ****ed him up, but the Great Nash believes that Vinny would beat Bjork by a possibly debated, split decision points victory. Nash out.
                    If Bjork can cycle off in ti…. Ooh ****, I meant, if she gets back on her “training regime” *wink wink* it’s easy work for Bjork. Steroi…STYLES! Styles make fights
                    Nash out Nash out likes this.

Comment

Gaming PC is certainly good but if there is no money and you want to play it is better to buy a gaming console. It takes up less space. But in any case you will need a good boosting and coaching service. Use this link and read more about this service
                      Last edited by Joe1900; 11-27-2022, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X