No announcement yet.

Undisputed is Dogwank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undisputed is Dogwank

It wasn't long before I got a refund. I can't say I've played a worse IP for boxing in my life.
    Gideon lock Gideon lock likes this.

I lost all excitement I had for the game when I saw some early demos. Looked like it played the same as ps2 era games but more jank somehow.

What was bad about it? Was it the fluidity? Bad controls? Buggy or what?

Comment

Isnt this basically like the "beta" or test phase? I think theyll make plenty of updates before it comes out on other platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
        I lost all excitement I had for the game when I saw some early demos. Looked like it played the same as ps2 era games but more jank somehow.

What was bad about it? Was it the fluidity? Bad controls? Buggy or what?
        Graphics were terrible, I'm sure this could be boosted, but to what cost.

The controls were terrible as well as the responsiveness. It's really like you're fighting in mud and the movement is trash too. The damage system is weird too, there isn't a single thing about it that's redeemable. I got knocked down and the physics sent me flying in the air. This is such a poor hallmark for what they're pushing as a AAA studio ip, which it's clearly not. This is like an Indie shithaus.

The last Fight Night Champion is light years ahead of this trash and that game is 12 years old.

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
        Isnt this basically like the "beta" or test phase? I think theyll make plenty of updates before it comes out on other platforms.
        Beta
        Not really, so what's going on with this company is misleading. They did an "Open Beta" (or was it closed, I dunno and it doesn't matter to be fair) a while back, but that's impossible for a game that's in Early-Access because Early-Access is just another word for being in an Alpha Stage for a game.

There are 4 stages (but really 3) of a gaming ip, they are done in order, which are:
        1. Pre-Alpha (concept to design)
        2. Alpha (80% new features 20% bug fixing)
        3. Beta (80% bug fixing 20% new features)
        4. Release.
        Gameplay Balancing doesn't sound promising to fix what needs to be fixed. I only played against the computer and it was extremely bad. Whatever they did for their Beta was just a simple stress-test or even just getting some community testers because they're too skimp to test it properly in/out of house themselves.

The core mechanics are trash, it's not a bug. The game has to be redesigned, new engine, new physics, everything.

Engine
        Their using Unity for the engine which is a massive mistake. Unity is usually used for adventure type games. I would expect them to use something like Unreal Engine which is more tailored to competitive shooters and online play.

Ash Habib
        This clown is the owner and lead developer who wrote the code in Unity for Undisputed =---> this is his first game. Literally his first game which is going to fail for the end user. He's struck some deal with the owners of Unity who are going to; in some capacity, help develop the game although not sure what incentive it's based on. Maybe a big cut of the pie which to me looks like he's already cashing out. The dev team is 13 (I think half is another team loosely connected) which is low low.

AAA studios aren't 13 people with the majority of them are modelers and probably mocap designers. Not only is he lead dev, but also creative director which is a total conflict for design. AAA studios usually have hundreds of employee's.

The only light at the end of the tunnel is EA Sports Fight Night 5 was greenlit, but on pause for whatever reason, could have been due to covid. If Undisputed sells a good amount of units, EA might put a team on FN5 and their old crusty engine is light years beyond what's in this game.

This is their Roadmap =--->

Last edited by War Room; 02-08-2023, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Yep. The game sucks. Controls felt awful and the punches have no weight or pop to them even the slow-ass power punches.

I got a refund on Steam after playing 1.9 hours lol

Also, when did they change the name of the game to Undisputed? I felt like I've been following it for a while then kinda gave up hope and suddenly it was out early access release with a new name.
          Last edited by YoungManRumble; 02-09-2023, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by War Room View Post

The controls were terrible as well as the responsiveness. It's really like you're fighting in mud and the movement is trash too. The damage system is weird too, there isn't a single thing about it that's redeemable. I got knocked down and the physics sent me flying in the air. This is such a poor hallmark for what they're pushing as a AAA studio ip, which it's clearly not. This is like an Indie shithaus.

The last Fight Night Champion is light years ahead of this trash and that game is 12 years old.

Beta
            Not really, so what's going on with this company is misleading. They did an "Open Beta" (or was it closed, I dunno and it doesn't matter to be fair) a while back, but that's impossible for a game that's in Early-Access because Early-Access is just another word for being in an Alpha Stage for a game.

There are 4 stages (but really 3) of a gaming ip, they are done in order, which are:
            4. Release.
            Gameplay Balancing doesn't sound promising to fix what needs to be fixed. I only played against the computer and it was extremely bad. Whatever they did for their Beta was just a simple stress-test or even just getting some community testers because they're too skimp to test it properly in/out of house themselves.

The core mechanics are trash, it's not a bug. The game has to be redesigned, new engine, new physics, everything.

Engine
            Their using Unity for the engine which is a massive mistake. Unity is usually used for adventure type games. I would expect them to use something like Unreal Engine which is more tailored to competitive shooters and online play.

Ash Habib
            This clown is the owner and lead developer who wrote the code in Unity for Undisputed =---> this is his first game. Literally his first game which is going to fail for the end user. He's struck some deal with the owners of Unity who are going to; in some capacity, help develop the game although not sure what incentive it's based on. Maybe a big cut of the pie which to me looks like he's already cashing out. The dev team is 13 (I think half is another team loosely connected) which is low low.

AAA studios aren't 13 people with the majority of them are modelers and probably mocap designers. Not only is he lead dev, but also creative director which is a total conflict for design. AAA studios usually have hundreds of employee's.

The only light at the end of the tunnel is EA Sports Fight Night 5 was greenlit, but on pause for whatever reason, could have been due to covid. If Undisputed sells a good amount of units, EA might put a team on FN5 and their old crusty engine is light years beyond what's in this game.

Well, that sucks I was looking forward to a new boxing game. . Yea, they need stop bullshting around and come out with FN5 already.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
              Yep. The game sucks. Controls felt awful and the punches have no weight or pop to them even the slow-ass power punches.

I got a refund on Steam after playing 1.9 hours lol

Also, when did they change the name of the game to Undisputed? I felt like I've been following it for a while then kinda gave up hope and suddenly it was out early access release with a new name.
              1.9 hours, you got every last drop on the timer. Good job on that, although I'm not sure how you could play for so long. I was somewhere south of 30 minutes.

They changed the name late last december.

Comment

1.9 hours, you got every last drop on the timer. Good job on that, although I'm not sure how you could play for so long. I was somewhere south of 30 minutes.

They changed the name late last december.
                Yeah, I don't think I even played that long. One menu showed 80 some minutes, then in the profile or whatever other view it was rounded up to 1.9 for some reason.

Most of it was from a 10-rounder mismatch of Bumsquad vs David Adeyle while I was figuring the controls and game out.

I was pretty bad at first but in the rematch, it was a round 1 ko then moved on to try a few other matchups in short fights and was not impressed at all.

It feels like one of these modern early-release scams where they get stuck in development hell yet release to an eager audience before it's even finished and everyone is left with some ****ty portion of an unfinished game. Then some greasy guy skates off with all the money while leaving a small team to "finish" the game which ends up being nothing more than some pitiful updates that appease no one until it is completely abandoned.

Comment

I'll probably get it on console whenever that release is. I spent a lot of time playing Don King's Prize Fighter so I'm prepared for the level of badness.

Comment

Beta

4. Release.

Engine

Ash Habib

Definitely can't wait for fight night 5 I'm hoping it'll be worked on after the ufc 5 game.

Comment

Working...
                    X