Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best arcade games for you and why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HrNY View Post

This man knows his arcade. Not sure if SD still got some around but I bet I could find a couple here in Vegas that may have Wrestlefest. I liked Boss Man and Hogan. Warrior's shoulder press took too much time lol
    There's an arcade bar in North Park that I go to that has that game, and most other classics, haven't been there since before the pandemic though. Surprised that game never came out for any console.

HrNY HrNY likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post

There's an arcade bar in North Park that I go to that has that game, and most other classics, haven't been there since before the pandemic though. Surprised that game never came out for any console.
      Oh man, you have a Barcade by you? All the ones here in New York are in the city and not in the suburbs for some reason, which sucks. The original one is in Brooklyn, which I went to once. They had the original WWF Superstars, which I finally beat with the Mega Powers, Hogan and Savage. So you beat Crime Fighters, but never the Konami follow up, Vendetta? I loved that one because all the characters actually looked different and had different fighting styles, like in Final Fight. They even had a wrestler character that looked like Hulk Hogan and did an elbow drop, instead of just kicking downed enemies. They made the bonus level a little easier too, with only fighting bosses and mini bosses a few at a time, instead of all at once too, like you can see in that youtube video.

Wrestlefest I beat back when it originally came out. Used to use Hogan and Warrior, but eventually my favorite team became Dibiase and Jake the Snake because their finishers were the quickest and easiest to do. Dibiase would do a quick choke hold submission that would take a few seconds to get the win with if the opponent was worn down enough and Roberts would quickly take down the opponent with the DDT for a quick pin when you had someone beat. No waiting for any longer animations to run around or jump on top of anyone. The Royal Rumble aka Saturday Night's Main Event mode was fun too, since you could win by pinfall or submission as well in that one.
      Willy Wanker Willy Wanker likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post

Oh man, you have a Barcade by you? All the ones here in New York are in the city and not in the suburbs for some reason, which sucks. The original one is in Brooklyn, which I went to once. They had the original WWF Superstars, which I finally beat with the Mega Powers, Hogan and Savage. So you beat Crime Fighters, but never the Konami follow up, Vendetta? I loved that one because all the characters actually looked different and had different fighting styles, like in Final Fight. They even had a wrestler character that looked like Hulk Hogan and did an elbow drop, instead of just kicking downed enemies. They made the bonus level a little easier too, with only fighting bosses and mini bosses a few at a time, instead of all at once too, like you can see in that youtube video.

Wrestlefest I beat back when it originally came out. Used to use Hogan and Warrior, but eventually my favorite team became Dibiase and Jake the Snake because their finishers were the quickest and easiest to do. Dibiase would do a quick choke hold submission that would take a few seconds to get the win with if the opponent was worn down enough and Roberts would quickly take down the opponent with the DDT for a quick pin when you had someone beat. No waiting for any longer animations to run around or jump on top of anyone. The Royal Rumble aka Saturday Night's Main Event mode was fun too, since you could win by pinfall or submission as well in that one.
        I never go too far on Vendetta, or at least I don't remember.

Yeah, there's at least two other barcades but there's just one I went to regularly. I believe it's been reopend for months, need to go down there again.

The Wrestlemania arcade game was fun too, even though it was more of Mortal Kombat type fighting game instead of a traditional wrestling game. I had the PS version before and now I have Genesis emulator version on my NES classic.

The one thing I didn't like about Wrestlefest was that they didn't have Macho Man in it. And you couldn't play as Legion of Doom either even though they were final bosses pretty much.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post

You guys ever make out to Vegas, on google maps check out High Scores Bar, Area 15, Pinball Hall of Fame

Comment

I never go too far on Vendetta, or at least I don't remember.

Yeah, there's at least two other barcades but there's just one I went to regularly. I believe it's been reopend for months, need to go down there again.

The Wrestlemania arcade game was fun too, even though it was more of Mortal Kombat type fighting game instead of a traditional wrestling game. I had the PS version before and now I have Genesis emulator version on my NES classic.

The one thing I didn't like about Wrestlefest was that they didn't have Macho Man in it. And you couldn't play as Legion of Doom either even though they were final bosses pretty much.
            Oh yeah. I guess because Macho Man must have lost that retirement match to Warrior at the time. Superstars gets super difficult the last 2-3 matches. I read in emulators you can use Legion of Doom. They're supposed to have twice as much health, 2 health bars, even in the Royal Rumble match. Double Dragon 3 was way better in the arcade as well because you can go into shops and buy stuff, like weapons, extra characters to use for extra lives and health. Or just use those extra quarters for continues. And the final boss is supposed to be Cleopatra, not a possessed Marian, like in the NES version. Still pretty weird either way.
            Willy Wanker Willy Wanker likes this.

Comment

The game that changed everything for me is street fighter 2 the world warrior. I was a gaming fan before that with super Mario and zelda, even played the original street fighter but when that game hit I was an arcade junkie. After that fighting games were the big thing. Every time I went to an arcade I'd check out the latest fighting game.

Comment

Asteroids, Burgertime, Mario Bros, Galaga, Frogger, Xmen, Pacman, Ms. Pacman, Tapper (Budweiser version), TMNT, NBA Jam, Terminator, Street Fighter 2 and 3, Mortal Kombat, and Donkey Kong as the bonafide starter pack.
                Also say what you want, but I'm super into gambling. Been playing at moon bingo login daily for about a month and I can't stop.
                Last edited by itiagen; 10-26-2021, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by itiagen View Post
                  Asteroids, Burgertime, Mario Bros, Galaga, Frogger, Xmen, Pacman, Ms. Pacman, Tapper (Budweiser version), TMNT, NBA Jam, Terminator, Street Fighter 2 and 3, Mortal Kombat, and Donkey Kong as the bonafide starter pack.
                  Also say what you want, but I'm super into gambling. Been playing at moon bingo login daily for about a month and I can't stop.
                  Loved X-Men and TMNT too. Usually played as Colossus or Wolverine. And as Michelangelo or sometimes Leonardo. I saw a newer TMNT arcade game when I dropped by a roller skating rink based on the more recent cartoon. Looked pretty good too.

Comment

Here is a list of my top arcade games:
                    Pac Man
                    Super Mario
                    X-Men
                    Mortal Kombat

But to be honest, I don't even remember when I played those games. I play only wordle now. I am sure everyone knows this popular game. You can also look for hints here https://word-finder.com/words-that-start-with/g/. And don't forget to thank me for this website.
                    Last edited by Redere; 07-07-2022, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Arcade games? Loved when Street Fighter first came out. Had mini tournaments in different 711s, LOL!

I got the room at the house but haven't bought it yet, maybe. Wanting that skateboard arcade game 720!

Comment

Working...
                      X