Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best arcade games for you and why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1bad65
    replied
    Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post

I loved Crime Fighters when I was a kid. In the early 90s my mom took me to this kid's party at Pistol Pete's Pizza (Chuck E. Cheese type place) and that was the only time I beat the game. But I had three other kids playing with me.

Also beat WWF Wrestlefest that same day. Ultimate Warrior and Mr. Perfect was my team.

I still love playing Final Final, Double Dragon, and Streets of Rage games on my NES classic.

Also liked that Xmen arcade game. I downloaded it for my PS3 when I had it.
    Perfect sucked on Royal Rumble mode.

You had to have guys that either did body slams or could flip a running opponent so you could get them out of the ring fast enough to have a shot at winning. He did neither. Million Dollar Man was the same way too. I typically played as Jake the Snake and my buddy as Warrior when he was around. Both of them did bodyslams and the flip move. We'd play Royal Rumbles and almost always be the last 2 left.

I have this game on an emulator and still play it occasionally. I was looking at an original cabinet a few years ago at an auction, but it went for way too much. One of my favorite arcade games.

X-Men and Final Fight were great ones too. Fun co-op games you could play with friends and random dudes at the arcade.
    Willy Wanker Willy Wanker likes this.

Leave a comment:

• 1bad65
    replied
    I grew up during the 80s, so I played a ton of the classic ones.

I really got good at a few like Gunsmoke (a scrolling shooter) and WWF WrestleFest. I liked Punch-Out! too. Since the characters just repeat and they only get to a certain speed, I could play that one until I'd get bored and walk away. I liked Defender and Asteroids, but I never got really good at those. Defender is one of the harder games out there. The 6-person X-Men is fun too, no matter how many people play.

I remember when fighting games started. Street Fighter 1 wasn't anything special. I remember for like a week after it came out it would have a group of kids around it. People mostly played it to beat the game, the vs mode was so clunky and awkward few played it. Street Fighter 2 was crazy. It was packed up with dudes from the day it came out. Hardly no one played to beat that one, it was almost all vs games. I never was too good at them, but my buddy was. He'd rarely lose. He'd even bet money on games sometimes.

It was a fun time.

In Austin now there's quite a few. One is a chain, and they have 3 arcades. One is like an old arcade, the other 2 locations have stuff like go-Karts, lazer tag, etc in there too. They are huge and have large arcade areas. There's also a few small ones and couple of those new style arcades that cater to adults and serve food and have full bars. Pinball is alot more popular than it was back then though. You see alot of pinball machines in arcades, while when I was a kid you never saw them in arcades. You'd see them in bars or convenience stores mostly. I never played pinball back then, but as an adult I play it quite alot. I like that it's a different set of skills required than the skills you use for video games.

Leave a comment:

• Anthony342
    replied
    Originally posted by DennisMay View Post
    I don't really like this genre, I like action games more
    Rock. Like which titles?

Leave a comment:

• DennisMay
    replied
    I don't really like this genre, I like action games I don't really like this genre, I like action games more. My friend is a fan of such games. He loves the Limbo game very much. He downloaded it from http://unlockedpiratebay.com/ even when it came out, and he occasionally likes to play it. Without any background and plot, Limbo holds firmly to the screen. But this is not just a sketch of the vestibule of hell, but a full-fledged game with a lot of puzzles. After death, the hero appears right in front of a fatal trap or an insurmountable cliff at first glance, in order to immediately try a new way or guess.
    Last edited by DennisMay; 09-12-2022, 05:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• kara
    replied
    I just played a bit of this today, Used my main man Vega to slice the hell out of everyone. I have the anniversary edition that gives you like 10 different versions of SF.

Leave a comment:

• markusmod
    replied
    Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post

Respect. I could only ever win as Blanka against the computer or sometimes E. Honda because of his grappling skills. Mortal Kombat I used Sub Zero because it was easiest to beat Goro with him using his freeze attack, once I learned how to do it and could use it on Shang Tsung or jump kicks.
    I would use M. Bison in SF too, at least in the ones where the bosses were playable.

Leave a comment:

• Anthony342
    replied
    Originally posted by markusmod View Post

Ken or Ryu in SF and Scorpion or Sub Zero in Mortal Kombat. At one time I was really, really good at SF
    Respect. I could only ever win as Blanka against the computer or sometimes E. Honda because of his grappling skills. Mortal Kombat I used Sub Zero because it was easiest to beat Goro with him using his freeze attack, once I learned how to do it and could use it on Shang Tsung or jump kicks.

Leave a comment:

• markusmod
    replied
    Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post

Any good? Who did you beat them as?
    Ken or Ryu in SF and Scorpion or Sub Zero in Mortal Kombat. At one time I was really, really good at SF

Leave a comment:

• Willy Wanker
    replied
    Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
    Street fighter 3 3rd strike, so so underrated

People always go on about SF2 and it was a good game at the time, SF3 was a massive upgrade in every regard but was overshadowed by polygon fighters at the time such as Tekken 1

Its funny because Tekken 1 looks like dog **** now where as SF3 still looks fantastic.

On Street Fighter 2 I was always more of a fatal fury fan, I found SF2 boring compared to fatal fury, plus Mai owns chun li any day

They should have just pulled the trigger and released SF3 sooner instead of milking SF2 and coming out with like over 50 variations of it, there was champion, hyper, super, super turbo, etc.

And X-Men vs. Capcom came out before Street Fighter 3, so that game already set the course for the future of the Street Fighter franchise. When Marvel vs. Capcom came out in 2000, people completely overlooked SF3 which was only out for a few years by that point. Such a shame because SF3 really was a damn good game.

Leave a comment:

• Anthony342
    replied
    Originally posted by markusmod View Post
    Street Fighter 2 and Mortal Kombat. I spent many, many quarters on those games
    Any good? Who did you beat them as?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X