No announcement yet.

Boxing shoes when to wear and when to not

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by War Room View Post

I saw that and thought it was a reason why she lost.
    Nah, I blame her bad accuracy in those rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post

Nah, I blame her bad accuracy in those rounds.
      Those shoes make you slow and stick.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

I thought that was a dumb move on her part.
        Damn straight. She was clumsy as hell. Why add extra weight to your feet? Would you do that to your gloves? You have to move them all night long in boxing. You aren’t jumping like in basketball. Who gives a **** if you collect Nike Jordan’s?! Every other person person on the planet does the same thing. She’s got some of the worst feet for a top level fighter I’ve ever seen. I’m not saying proper boxing shoes would save the day for her. Still that’s a testament to bad management and training to let her continue wearing them even if it’s superstition, style, or whatever the heck. You can style your trunks if you have to. She made womens boxing look bad by wearing a pair of shoes not designed for her own sport and walking like Frankenstein’s monster all night, especially if it was done for “style”. Announcers were too afraid to make a negative comment on it. Imagine a male fighter with slow clumsy feet showed up in basketball sneakers in the biggest fight of their lives against a fleet footed opponent?!! Somebody on her team had to stand up to her, and she had to have listened. They let her down. It was a damn close fight too.

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post

Damn straight. She was clumsy as hell. Why add extra weight to your feet? Would you do that to your gloves? You have to move them all night long in boxing. You aren’t jumping like in basketball. Who gives a **** if you collect Nike Jordan’s?! Every other person person on the planet does the same thing. She’s got some of the worst feet for a top level fighter I’ve ever seen. I’m not saying proper boxing shoes would save the day for her. Still that’s a testament to bad management and training to let her continue wearing them even if it’s superstition, style, or whatever the heck. You can style your trunks if you have to. She made womens boxing look bad by wearing a pair of shoes not designed for her own sport and walking like Frankenstein’s monster all night, especially if it was done for “style”. Announcers were too afraid to make a negative comment on it. Imagine a male fighter with slow clumsy feet showed up in basketball sneakers in the biggest fight of their lives against a fleet footed opponent?!! Somebody on her team had to stand up to her, and she had to have listened. They let her down. It was a damn close fight too.
          She was getting desperate, throwing these wild combinations that were a mile off.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post

She was getting desperate, throwing these wild combinations that were a mile off.
            She fought a great mover that would only expose her clumsy heavy feet. Course she is tough, determined for sure. I was rooting for her as Taylor already has a lot of accolades. Taylor was moving up also. The fight could have gone any way on the cards and I’d be fine as long as it was close. It’s just like you said her wild misses looked bad. Also she’d take a shot and stumble making it look worse than it maybe it was. She kept needing time to reset her feet. She looked exactly like someone who is fighting in basketball shoes. Taylor got bloodied but they cleaned her up and she came back fighting. Serrano ended up getting bloodied herself in the home stretch which levels the damage visuals. I’m being hard on her cause I was rooting for her. I wanted her to get the rub off beating Taylor, a great Champ. I’ve seen Taylor win when I don’t think she deserved it, so I wasent surprised it went the way it did on the cards. Just no more basketball shoes in the ring please. Yes basketball players do amazing things in their shoes but they are also purpose built. They look big, heavy, clumsy compared to boxing shoes.

Comment

She fought a great mover that would only expose her clumsy heavy feet. Course she is tough, determined for sure. I was rooting for her as Taylor already has a lot of accolades. Taylor was moving up also. The fight could have gone any way on the cards and I’d be fine as long as it was close. It’s just like you said her wild misses looked bad. Also she’d take a shot and stumble making it look worse than it maybe it was. She kept needing time to reset her feet. She looked exactly like someone who is fighting in basketball shoes. Taylor got bloodied but they cleaned her up and she came back fighting. Serrano ended up getting bloodied herself in the home stretch which levels the damage visuals. I’m being hard on her cause I was rooting for her. I wanted her to get the rub off beating Taylor, a great Champ. I’ve seen Taylor win when I don’t think she deserved it, so I wasent surprised it went the way it did on the cards. Just no more basketball shoes in the ring please. Yes basketball players do amazing things in their shoes but they are also purpose built. They look big, heavy, clumsy compared to boxing shoes.
              Serrano was never a good mover to begin with and she couldn't cut off the ring. She was jumping in with these crazy combos that Taylor easily slipped.

Comment

Wear your boxing shoes when you are boxing.

Do not wear your boxing shoes to your prom, nor your wedding.

I'd rather train/use my minute rest rather than taking my boxing shoes on and off and then back on, etc.

Not to mention taking your gloves off to put your shoes on and off and then back on again.

Your are welcome...............Rockin'

Comment

Generally, a competition ring will have much more padding than a gym ring will. Add in the cushion of Nike shoes and it's like she is stepping in and out of deep holes. No wonder she was jumping............................Rockin'
                  Last edited by Rockin'1; 06-19-2022, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin'1 View Post

Generally, a competition ring will have much more padding than a gym ring will. Add in the cushion of Nike shoes and it's like she is stepping in and out of deep holes. No wonder she was jumping............................Rockin'
                    She was jumping and hitting air. That's for sure.

Comment

If you intend on competing someday, train in your boxing shoes for all of your work in the gym; bag work, skipping rope, shadow boxing, pad work, sparring, etc. Wear the shoes you would wear in an actual fight so you don't have to make any adjustments to your footwork. Do NOT use them for road work.
                      Rockin'1 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X