Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to See if Your Coach/Trainer Really knows What he is Talking About?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Want to See if Your Coach/Trainer Really knows What he is Talking About?

    Spar hard, hit the bag a bit and then tell him that you've lost time. As in, you know that you were at the gym but have no memory of the sparring and your bag work. You remember gloving up and starting in to it but that is it. Tell him that it's like you just woke up and you were working on the bag.

    Tell him this and then see what his response is and then share it here.

    Better yet, why doesn't the forum share what the next step should be and why...........Rockin'
    Last edited by Rockin'1; 05-12-2022, 05:44 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Rockin'1 View Post
    Spar hard, hit the bag a bit and then tell him that you've lost time. As in, you know that you were at the gym but have no memory of the sparring and your bag work. You remember gloving up and starting in to it but that is it. Tell him that it's like you just woke up and you were working on the bag.

    Tell him this and then see what his response is and then share it here.

    Better yet, why doesn't the forum share what the next step should be and why...........Rockin'
    physical exam, MRI, trip to the neurologist. I know because it's already happened to me. Not exactly same way, but lost time. Once it happened 2 times in the same day.
    Rockin'1 likes this.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by dreamroom View Post

      physical exam, MRI, trip to the neurologist. I know because it's already happened to me. Not exactly same way, but lost time. Once it happened 2 times in the same day.
      I found out many years after retiring that those symptoms indicate a concussion. If I knew different back then I would have still pushed forward. Love that adrenaline dripping in to my blood stream.

      Yeah, if you continue on unchecked, a 2nd concussion can come so easily. You really should have rested instead of pushing forward. If ifs and buts were candy and nuts.... I prefer my brain lightly shaken, not stirred..........Rockin'
      Last edited by Rockin'1; 05-13-2022, 10:16 PM.
      dreamroom likes this.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by dreamroom View Post

        physical exam, MRI, trip to the neurologist. I know because it's already happened to me. Not exactly same way, but lost time. Once it happened 2 times in the same day.
        It's like the twilight zone when you snap back in to reality. You're like WTF, just trying to figure out exactly how you got to where you stand now. You have no clue so you just carry on saying , holy sheet that was a trip...........Rockin'
        dreamroom likes this.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Rockin'1 View Post

          It's like the twilight zone when you snap back in to reality. You're like WTF, just trying to figure out exactly how you got to where you stand now. You have no clue so you just carry on saying , holy sheet that was a trip...........Rockin'
          True, it can be pretty scary. I'll tell you though, I've been concussed quite a bit. The scariest time was my last motorcycle accident. The "lost time" experience is frustating as hell, but I was never more afraid then when I came to. I remember hearing a female voice saying "don't try to move, you've been in a motorcycle accident." I was coming home from Rochester NY, was about 5 minutes from home exit. I was doing about 70, came around a blind curve and hit a car that was completely stopped on the interstate. They ask you 3 questions to assess your level of consciousness. They asked me "do you know where you are?" "What year is it"? "Who's the president". I remember really struggling trying to remember, and I just couldn't. That's probably the worst concussion I've ever had. Your twilight zone analogy is right on the money. We do pay a price for our lifestyle.

          Comment


          • #6
            At a show I was fighting in my stable mate didn’t remember his fight at all. He was a heavyweight in the first round he is dropped but in the second round he KOs his opponent.
            After in the dressing room he already has his street clothes back on and he seemed really normal . But we are getting ready to leave and he asks “ why are we dressed don’t we have to fight soon?”
            He got a little panicked as we explained what happened but he was ok . We were all teenagers at the time so we laughed it off eventually.
            Rockin'1 likes this.

            Comment

            Working...
            X
            TOP