Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are low cut boxing shoes good for running in a treadmill??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emc360
    replied
    You should be okay but just run in running shoes. Would work better

Leave a comment:

• theproof
    replied
    i know this is not the right answer buy forget the treadmill running. get out on the hard outfloors with hills, turns etc. and get those knees up. not the running with the feet just kicking the ass. keep those arms up. run for-real. a tread aint gonna simulate real cardio movement in the ring. did it work for me? hmmmm. never won a junior title, gold glove title, or a title as a pro but i made 1/4 decent money in an just ok career as a pro. still had to work. some can run on a tread for miles but not when running on the asphalt/track. some are champions on the speed bag, heavy bag etc. find other ways to get cardio. not just on a tread. get a friends running shoes he doean't wear that are comfortable. wash them and powder them often and get on the roasd and off the tread. at least not exclusivley. bad reply but just my reply

Leave a comment:

• frosty-g
    replied
    Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
    dont do it. my coach makes us all run at the same time, which forces me to run in boxing shoes. they got all messed up real quick. good boots too. the adidas ones enzo wore when afolabi put him to sleep.
    decided to have a quick look on youtube for the video of that fight to check out the boots - amazing how long it took me to find a camera angle that showed the fighters' feet, not like footwork is important or anything in boxing is it...?

Leave a comment:

• johncods
    replied
    Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    On a treadmill, you will be fine. On the street/outside enviornment, dont do it. I seen Floyd run on a treadmill with boxing shoes on, so you should be fine.

If you like them that much and are worried about impact problems, get some dr. scholls insoles.
    Unless you are a rich mofo with another pair just waiting to be used. Then No it is not fine. Boxing shoes are not for running. They will tear up very quickly especially on a treadmill.

Leave a comment:

• johncods
    replied
    Originally posted by Versastyle View Post
    Treadmill? Not for a long time, you're rubbing the sole of the shoe on the rubber mat every so often. Those will wear them down.
    ^^^This. Never ever run with boxing shoes on a treadmill. I damaged my brand new boxing shoes doing this.

Leave a comment:

• Vitez
    replied
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=XaYQwq6TnXY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIT7t2jtdP0

http://www.vibramfivefingers.it/Default.aspx
    Last edited by Vitez; 09-04-2012, 05:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Verstyle
    replied
    Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    On a treadmill, you will be fine. On the street/outside enviornment, dont do it. I seen Floyd run on a treadmill with boxing shoes on, so you should be fine.

If you like them that much and are worried about impact problems, get some dr. scholls insoles.
    Treadmill? Not for a long time, you're rubbing the sole of the shoe on the rubber mat every so often. Those will wear them down.

Leave a comment:

• F l i c k e r
    replied

Leave a comment:

• austinlarg
    replied
    Originally posted by Sox8055 View Post
    I've seen A. Berto run in low cut boxing shoes to his gym back when he was an up comer.

My question is, Is it ok for me to run on my boxing shoes that I dont use for sparring, on a treadmill?

Would it damage the feet or ankles? as opposed to running shoes? please explain...

I think everyones missing the more important thing.

Running in boxing boots or cross training shoes can not only mess up the shoe, but your feet and knees.

Boxing shoes dont have much support at all. Theyre flat and they bend easily on the bottom..which is NOT a good thing. Cross trainers are meant more for lateral movement and not for running. Many people get shin splints from running in cross trainers or even heel spurs.

Run in running shoes. Yeah they're expensive but its worth the investment. My running shoes cost me $119 but they have solved many of my foot pain problems while I was running in cross trainers.

Leave a comment:

• Sox8055
    replied
    Originally posted by Joan Guzman View Post
    Shouldn't damage your feet. But, I wouldn't do it. Get some cheap ass running shoes or just use your trainers. I wouldn't ruin my boxing boots by using them on there.
    Originally posted by RightHooker View Post
    I wouldn't do it. Boxing shoes are meant to be light and usually don't have much support or cushioning, so it will put more pressure on your feet ankles and knees.
    Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
    dont do it. my coach makes us all run at the same time, which forces me to run in boxing shoes. they got all messed up real quick. good boots too. the adidas ones enzo wore when afolabi put him to sleep.
    Originally posted by VERSATILE2K10 View Post
    I've used low cut Everlast for running, NOT A GOOD IDEA. I tore the bottom of the soles, had holes in them.
    hm..from your guys experiences, It seems that running with them will only tear them apart.

thanks guys..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X