Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner: I Knew Santiago Would Be Tough, But I Got The Job Done

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray*
    replied
    Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post
    The scorecards were a disgrace. One of them had it 117-110. Even the judged who scored it the most narrowly still gave 7 rounds to Broner. I don't know how you find 7 rounds for him when the punch output was so low and when he got outlanded in 11 of the 12 rounds.
    This happens time and time again in boxing and it needs to stop. Questions need to be asked, if you say too much then you get criticise but that scorecard was disgusting.

Leave a comment:

• billeau2
    replied
    Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
    Iím not sure who he would pick up a belt from because he isnít beating Josh Taylor or Ramirez. Certainly not Taylor. I suppose if Taylor picks up four belts, heís going to move up and vacate. Thatís the only way Broner is winning a title at 140.

To be honest, I think any decent world level fighter with decent enough workrate and durable enough to get caught with the odd counter will beat Broner at this point.
    Beating Broner has never been the problem. It is beating the corrupt judges that raise his hand no matter how badly he is beaten.

Leave a comment:

• billeau2
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    Looks like the judges got the job done for Broner here. Outworked, outhustled, outlanded in 95% of each round but got a nice wide decision... Shameful scorecard
    So many of Broner's wins are dubious. Its a crime. The judges just are bought and paid for because Broner can self promote.

Leave a comment:

• deathofaclown
    replied
    Originally posted by Roy Keane View Post
    Broner is done. I thought maybe if he was committed he could pick up a belt at 140lbs but thatís a fantasy now.
    Iím not sure who he would pick up a belt from because he isnít beating Josh Taylor or Ramirez. Certainly not Taylor. I suppose if Taylor picks up four belts, heís going to move up and vacate. Thatís the only way Broner is winning a title at 140.

To be honest, I think any decent world level fighter with decent enough workrate and durable enough to get caught with the odd counter will beat Broner at this point.

Leave a comment:

• Afi23
    replied
    Looks like the judges got the job done for Broner here. Outworked, outhustled, outlanded in 95% of each round but got a nice wide decision... Shameful scorecard
    Right after the fight, my dad and I felt that Santiago did enough to get the win but Santiago's style of boxing is ripe to get stolen by the judges.
    95% of the time the "no-name" B-side who hustles, goes to the body and just fights a bit sloppy gets rob against the name fighter who is able to just land the flashier shots here and there and boxes just a bit more cleanly and neat.

Leave a comment:

• deathofaclown
    replied
    Did Santiago actually win? Or is it people scoring it for him because they donít like Broner?

I fell asleep after about eight rounds and have no desire to watch it again

Leave a comment:

• techliam
    replied
    Originally posted by TommyToughNuts View Post
    Madonna raped and ruined Broner in the process many years ago. He was never the same after that fight.
    Disagree

Broner was never any good

The writing was on the wall with the Paulie fight, but signs were there even earlier than that ... struggled with PDL, and even the Gavin Rees fight was embarrassing for him

He has consistently operated at the same level throughout his career yet there's this strange belief amongst fans and non-fans that he's capable of more? This result shouldn't have surprised anybody

Leave a comment:

• Roy Keane
    replied
    Broner is done. I thought maybe if he was committed he could pick up a belt at 140lbs but thatís a fantasy now.

Leave a comment:

• Monty Fisto
    replied
    The scorecards were a disgrace. One of them had it 117-110. Even the judged who scored it the most narrowly still gave 7 rounds to Broner. I don't know how you find 7 rounds for him when the punch output was so low and when he got outlanded in 11 of the 12 rounds.

Leave a comment:

• Lefty0616
    replied
    He bragged that he no longer has $13 in his account.....and is ready to party. That bum better hold onto that money, instead of tricking it away. The next time he steps in the ring with a legitimate opponent with power, not that handpicked journeyman Santiago, Boneheads' career is over. I honestly can't wait ��

Leave a comment:

Working...
X