Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diaz intentionally missed weight, didn’t want to be steamrolled by power punches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

doubt it

losing that Belt on the scale also takes him out of the running for some big fights and paydays

Comment

It's hard to make that call when he lost the title as a result. While I thought it was winnable for Diaz, I just think his style is all wrong for a pressure fighter who's going to keep coming all night. I don't think Diaz has the length or speed to outbox him the same way Fuzile did before getting stopped. Having said that, Rackimov's defense is quite poor and he seems soft in the body, now that Diaz seems to have the weight advantage, he's got a better shot.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        What? lol

Then why even sign the contact at said weight you hold a title at? Your opponent also makes the sacrifice to cut down and fight at the contracted weight. Then by this logic, his opponent can cancel the fight since Diaz refused to try to make the weight.

It's more than disrespecting the belts, he's disrespecting his opponent. But oh, you're a Tank fan....
        Lmfao exactly his reasoning. Hes just an ignorant fangirl. Absolutely no logic

Comment

Originally posted by 786 View Post
          It's hard to make that call when he lost the title as a result. While I thought it was winnable for Diaz, I just think his style is all wrong for a pressure fighter who's going to keep coming all night. I don't think Diaz has the length or speed to outbox him the same way Fuzile did before getting stopped. Having said that, Rackimov's defense is quite poor and he seems soft in the body, now that Diaz seems to have the weight advantage, he's got a better shot.
          Good observation, about how well Fuzile was doing early on,he was pounding rakhimov repeatedly beating him to the punch with better speed & timing,but Rakhimovs size & strength won out & he had better punch resistance & endurance,Fuzile tired himself out Sweat Pea impersonating for every min of every rd,& you're right Diaz doesn't possess the boxing skills of Fuzile(I was impressed/surprised by Fuziles overall ability & iq early on at least(too bad he gases & can't take a beating)

But Diaz hits a lil bit harder than fuzile imo,not that he hits hard for 130 by any means. But Diaz I think also has much better punch resistance & endurance than Fuzile,but Diaz might get kod because of it,because unlike Fuzile he won't try to keep his distance as he does his best work dogfighting. I am tempted to bet on Rakhimov but I think Diaz is operating at a higher skill level despite many flaws.

Comment

Originally posted by Thuglife Nelo View Post
            When your parents read you bedtime stories was it about the biography of rap music and Haymon in Wonderland?
            LMAO
            ten chars

Comment

Originally posted by Thuglife Nelo View Post
              When your parents read you bedtime stories was it about the biography of rap music and Haymon in Wonderland?
              Don't come around here with Canelos semen on your breathe and his palm prints on your asz and point fingers about dumb shyte that couldn't possibility be true.

Quit dodging the question, did you put on your pink leotards before jerking it to your favorite sweaty Canelo poster todat?

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
                Good observation, about how well Fuzile was doing early on,he was pounding rakhimov repeatedly beating him to the punch with better speed & timing,but Rakhimovs size & strength won out & he had better punch resistance & endurance,Fuzile tired himself out Sweat Pea impersonating for every min of every rd,& you're right Diaz doesn't possess the boxing skills of Fuzile(I was impressed/surprised by Fuziles overall ability & iq early on at least(too bad he gases & can't take a beating)

But Diaz hits a lil bit harder than fuzile imo,not that he hits hard for 130 by any means. But Diaz I think also has much better punch resistance & endurance than Fuzile,but Diaz might get kod because of it,because unlike Fuzile he won't try to keep his distance as he does his best work dogfighting. I am tempted to bet on Rakhimov but I think Diaz is operating at a higher skill level despite many flaws.
                Some good points here and @ the bold I didn't take that into account and it may prove to be the difference. This is a step up for Rakhimov. If Diaz can time him at mid-close range, ie dip under Rakhimov's punches, shorten the distance so Rakhimov doesn't catch him at the end of his shots and sustain a body attack early on then Rakhimov has a tough night.

It's definitely hard to pick a winner. Even though the weigh-in has tainted it slightly, I'm glad it's going ahead. Looking forward to it.

Comment

How do you know that? You are not a mind reader and you are just guessing.

Comment

Working...
                  X