Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whos the absolute highest ceiling prospect in boxing?Berlanga,Teo/Ortiz/Boots/etc?.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Boots the best. Crawford is a well proven champion who unified 140 and is along with Spence generally considered one of the two best welterweights and near the top of most P4P best lists. He past the prospect stage many years ago. I agree he has been cherry picking at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Other than Crawford...I'm going to put my vote on "The Albanian Bear", Reshat Mati. The guy punches way too nice, he's defensively smart and he has a gimmick about him. He fought THREE times during the pandemic.

I think he's headed for big things.
      Watched mati in an undercard fight a while back (havent seen his other 2 during pandemic) his opponent didnt look worth much but Mati looks like he has a lot of skills and amazing agility with some arrogance there too. Still looks like a kid and growing so be interesting to see where he goes when more developed

Comment

I am glad Berlanga got no votes. He looks great against garbage but has yet to fight a boxer worth a damn. Everyone else on your list has done more in terms of beating good fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by davef View Post
          Watched mati in an undercard fight a while back (havent seen his other 2 during pandemic) his opponent didnt look worth much but Mati looks like he has a lot of skills and amazing agility with some arrogance there too. Still looks like a kid and growing so be interesting to see where he goes when more developed
          Here's the other one from December. Was a real step up for him because the opponent was one of those Darnell Boone durable types.

Hopefully he gets to fight 3 more times in 2021. At some point he'll need to step up again, I'd like to see him in there with an aggressor so we can see how he handles it. Plus he's got rounds in the books before his stoppages (compared to someone like Berlanga who's sparking out bums in the first) and we can tell more about him. He's likely to excel against anyone who isn't good at body defense.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            I like Boots the best. Crawford is a well proven champion who unified 140 and is along with Spence generally considered one of the two best welterweights and near the top of most P4P best lists. He past the prospect stage many years ago. I agree he has been cherry picking at 147.
            But that's why I asked for clarification, and the OP's intent was, who is most likely to retire having accomplished the most?

I think too many people are hung up on the word "prospect".

The divisions right now that these guys are in makes it extremely difficult to become a 3+ division champion now. Crawford had it easy with a comparatively weak 135, a comparatively weak 140, he took an easy belt at 147, and he has a free pass for a 154 which would be an easy belt. Plus a guaranteed $4 million per fight even if he fights a bum, networks calling him #1 P4P over Canelo, etc.

So, going by the "retire having accomplished the most" how can Crawford NOT get that?

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
              Here's the other one from December. Was a real step up for him because the opponent was one of those Darnell Boone durable types.

Hopefully he gets to fight 3 more times in 2021. At some point he'll need to step up again, I'd like to see him in there with an aggressor so we can see how he handles it. Plus he's got rounds in the books before his stoppages (compared to someone like Berlanga who's sparking out bums in the first) and we can tell more about him. He's likely to excel against anyone who isn't good at body defense.
              Thanks for posting man 👍yea I'd like to see him pass the test against someone who is willing to get him to fight on the back foot more I feel he admires his own work too much at times I wouldn't want him to lose all the flashiness tho and arrogance

Comment

Working...
              X