Damn I like that fight!!!

Leave a comment:

• VashDBasher
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    Whatever happened to this?

WBA orders rematch between Mario Barrios, Batyr Akhmedov

October 12, 2019:

Junior welterweight contender Batyr Akhmedov has gotten his wish for the WBA to order a rematch of his controversial decision loss to Mario Barrios for a vacant secondary junior welterweight world title.

The WBA has ordered them to meet in an immediate rematch and given the camps 30 days to negotiate a deal. If no deal is reached, the sanctioning organization will hold a purse bid, with the promotional rights to the bout going to the highest bidder.

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...batyr-akhmedov

That was OCTOBER 2019! Like I've been saying: The WBA is the worst!!!
    This is definitely an eye-opener. The WBA needs to enforce this one. It never fails to contradict itself.

Leave a comment:

• richardt
    replied
    He and Teofimo must have been separated at birth - twins.

Leave a comment:

• Bronx2245
    replied
    Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
    You know what man, I was gonna say in my OP Iím sure a rematch was mooted at some point. Canít say Iím surprised the WBA hasnít followed it up.

The WBC and WBA are making a mockery of the sport these days. The IBF and WBO are far from perfect but at least they only have one belt and actually follow their own rules.
    True indeed!

Leave a comment:

• RJJ-94-02=GOAT
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post

October 12, 2019:

Junior welterweight contender Batyr Akhmedov has gotten his wish for the WBA to order a rematch of his controversial decision loss to Mario Barrios for a vacant secondary junior welterweight world title.

The WBA has ordered them to meet in an immediate rematch and given the camps 30 days to negotiate a deal. If no deal is reached, the sanctioning organization will hold a purse bid, with the promotional rights to the bout going to the highest bidder.

You know what man, I was gonna say in my OP Iím sure a rematch was mooted at some point. Canít say Iím surprised the WBA hasnít followed it up.

The WBC and WBA are making a mockery of the sport these days. The IBF and WBO are far from perfect but at least they only have one belt and actually follow their own rules.

Leave a comment:

• BaguMka
    replied
    Still remember Mario Barrios face after that fight Jesus I thought his face was totally broken

Leave a comment:

• Bronx2245
    replied
    Barrios needs to rematch Akhmedov. He got a gift in that fight.

October 12, 2019:

Leave a comment:

• Bronx2245
    replied
    Regis Prograis...MAN UP!

Leave a comment:

• RJJ-94-02=GOAT
    replied
    Originally posted by VashDBasher View Post
    They definitely need to run it back. Akhmedov is more than willing to do it again.
    It was a good fight too. Iíd like to see that one again.

Leave a comment:

• VashDBasher
    replied
    Barrios needs to rematch Akhmedov. He got a gift in that fight.
    They definitely need to run it back. Akhmedov is more than willing to do it again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X