Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren Talks Joyce, Dubois, Yarde, Arthur, Gorman, Williams, More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Warren Talks Joyce, Dubois, Yarde, Arthur, Gorman, Williams, More

WITH BEING OUT of action for a couple of weeks across the New Year period I am little late in jumping on the 2021 boxing bandwagon when it comes to making my personal wish or To Do list for the year ahead.
    [Click Here To Read More]

A good fight FOR DDD would be David Price to restart the building process.

Comment

There's some nice domestic fights availible for Queensbury fighters. I'd personally like to see Gorman or Dubois take on English champion Fabio Wardley, Dennis McCann Vs Liam Davis also works well. As for Lyndon Arthur it has to be Spider Richards next for me & yes Foster Vs Yafai is a natural. As for Willie Hutchinson he's a future star who hopefully wins the Lonsdale belt outright before challenging for the genuine European (EBU) championship. What a shame Frank doesn't show his prospect off overseas, the experiance & exposure would be invaluable for them!

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
        There's some nice domestic fights availible for Queensbury fighters. I'd personally like to see Gorman or Dubois take on English champion Fabio Wardley, Dennis McCann Vs Liam Davis also works well. As for Lyndon Arthur it has to be Spider Richards next for me & yes Foster Vs Yafai is a natural. As for Willie Hutchinson he's a future star who hopefully wins the Lonsdale belt outright before challenging for the genuine European (EBU) championship. What a shame Frank doesn't show his prospect off overseas, the experiance & exposure would be invaluable for them!
        Great post as usual mate.

Lyndon Arthur vs Craig Richards is a great fight. The board should order that!

I was very disappointed Lerrone Richards decided against fighting Hutchinson, I felt that was a really interesting fight. Frank was trying to make that fight throughout 2020. Either Richards didn't fancy it or the likes of Coldwell got in in his ear. I hate these guys who win the British title and just vacate it without defending it, that doesn't prove you're above British level.

Bentley vs Cash is a great fight if they can get it made. Would love to see that one.

Fair play to both Eddie and Frank for making Cheeseman vs Metcalf. That's a very good fight too.

Yafai-Foster is a great shout too. That would be for the British, Commonwealth and European I think. Foster has now won the British title outright so he's definitely ready to step up to European level.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
          That would be an interesting fight, but if I was steering DDs career, I'd make his comeback fight against someone with a lot less power. Price hits like a ton of bricks. I'd hate to see that eye redamaged. Match him with Huey Fury or Kownaki maybe.

Heck, even a can. That would get him back in action and give the eye at least another 4 months to heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
            That's a good fight. I think DDD still the real deal. Still very young and lost to a good fighter. No shame

Comment

Warren will put his boys in deep, but mainly his shows are low wattage. He has a good domestic agenda, his local dust ups are worth watching. He needs a breakout star, but so far, they'd rather run to Hearn than break out.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                Great post as usual mate.

Lyndon Arthur vs Craig Richards is a great fight. The board should order that!

I was very disappointed Lerrone Richards decided against fighting Hutchinson, I felt that was a really interesting fight. Frank was trying to make that fight throughout 2020. Either Richards didn't fancy it or the likes of Coldwell got in in his ear. I hate these guys who win the British title and just vacate it without defending it, that doesn't prove you're above British level.

Bentley vs Cash is a great fight if they can get it made. Would love to see that one.

Fair play to both Eddie and Frank for making Cheeseman vs Metcalf. That's a very good fight too.

Yafai-Foster is a great shout too. That would be for the British, Commonwealth and European I think. Foster has now won the British title outright so he's definitely ready to step up to European level.
                Interesting you mention Bentley Vs Cash. This would be another one where Frank & Eddie would have to work together & yes the board should order it. What a shame Frank doesn't have Eddie's overseas ambition, his young prospects such as Mark Chamberlain,David Adeleye, Ryan Garner, Louis Lynn + the above mentions fighters are all missing out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
                  There's some nice domestic fights availible for Queensbury fighters. I'd personally like to see Gorman or Dubois take on English champion Fabio Wardley, Dennis McCann Vs Liam Davis also works well.
                  Is it just me? I grew up in the UK in the 70's and 80's, and every time I see the name "Dennis McCann" I can't help but think of "Minder" and "Terry McCann" (Dennis Waterman), Arthur Daley's ex pro boxer lackey.

Then again, I think Shakur Stevenson and Shakin Stevens should fight for the right to the name.

Too much free time in lockdown I think.

Comment

Working...
                  X