Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: McGregor Can't Even Win in His Sport and He's Talking Pacquiao!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Plick647 View Post
    he got KO'd eh? was it brutal???
    Not the most brutal, but enough to generate memes such as this:

Comment

• Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post
      And how does this work exactly on a technical level? how do you land the punch on someone that has trained thousands of hours to close distance in milliseconds while avoiding not only punches but also knees and kicks as they do it? they can shoot in from outside punching range, and put their head below punching range as they come in. What shot do you land on them?

Thats not my point, my point is thats not a FIGHT is it? ANYONE can get KTFO if they get sucker punched mid sentence. Its pretty meaningless and I dont see how it relates to being able to use boxing alone to beat an MMA fighter in an actual fight.

You're talking about boxers being able to land perfect one shot KO punches on a trained wrestler whos driving forward with his head down at hip level before he manages to close distance, like Jason ****ing Bourne. But yeah its me thats indoctrinated lol.
      You don't even know what a sucker punch is you sucker lmao.

Techincal level, man I can't do this with mentally handicapped people.

You living in some a world.

Comment

• Originally posted by War Room View Post
        You don't even know what a sucker punch is you sucker lmao.

Techincal level, man I can't do this with mentally handicapped people.

You living in some a world.
        In other words you cant answer the question because you dont actually understand the technical nuances of a takedown vs strikes which is why you think one shotting someone as they shoot in for a takedown is actually viable.

Btw its not like boxers havent competed in MMA, bare knuckle and kickboxing before either. Theres been Mayorga, Whyte, Miller, Paulie, Toney, Lucas Browne, Briggs, Bowe, Botha, Butterbean, Collard etc. The only situations I can remember where the boxer won quickly with punches was Whyte over some 0-0 guy in a low level show and the more famous one Mercer over Sylvia, admittedly pretty shocking but not something he could likely replicate often.
        Last edited by TMLT87; 01-25-2021, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by muaythaidon1 View Post
          I wouldn't waste my breath with that moron if I was you, if someone flippantly says all the boxer has the do is land a punch, as if one punch knock outs are so frequent then he's never boxed in his life, let alone trained MMA. What these boxers don't understand is if you don't knock the MMA fighter out with your first punch, and the MMA fighter gets into clinch distance or gets the double/single leg then the fight is 100% over. Whats more likely a punch from the gods that knocks the guy out cold, or the opponent getting into clinch range... Hmm hard one that.
          Lol yep. I mean, dont get me wrong, boxers obviously punch harder on average but its not superhuman one grazing shot and you're out power delivered with such laser beam accuracy and timing that it can be easily landed on someone shooting in for a takedown. These MMA wrestlers are trained to deal with punches, elbows, kicks, knees as they close distance AND deal with people that actually have proper takedown defense too.

Comment

In other words you cant answer the question because you dont actually understand the technical nuances of a takedown vs strikes which is why you think one shotting someone as they shoot in for a takedown is actually viable.

Btw its not like boxers havent competed in MMA, bare knuckle and kickboxing before either. Theres been Mayorga, Whyte, Miller, Paulie, Toney, Lucas Browne, Briggs, Bowe, Botha, Butterbean, Collard etc. The only situations I can remember where the boxer won quickly with punches was Whyte over some 0-0 guy in a low level show and the more famous one Mercer over Sylvia, admittedly pretty shocking but not something he could likely replicate often.
            I trained MMA, it's a joke. Did I not mention that already?

Look man, I can't do this with someone who's talking about strikes on a boxing forum. Strikes, technical nuances, viable? Take your little frilly girlyman talk and go post at Sherdog you fat pig. You're barking up the wrong tree.

MMA is gey and you're indoctrinated into the cult drinking cups of geyade. Keep replying, but this cool ignore thing I just found is great. It makes you disappear forever.

Comment

Look man, I can't do this with someone who's talking about strikes on a boxing forum. Strikes, technical nuances, viable? Take your little frilly girlyman talk and go post at Sherdog you fat pig. You're barking up the wrong tree.

MMA is gey and you're indoctrinated into the cult drinking cups of geyade. Keep replying, but this cool ignore thing I just found is great. It makes you disappear forever.
              This is all a cop out lol. You're proving yourself to be a mindless fanboy.

Comment

Has there ever been a prime elite boxer in MMA or only just washed up former stars or C level guys, it makes quite a difference .

Comment

• Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
                  Has there ever been a prime elite boxer in MMA or only just washed up former stars or C level guys, it makes quite a difference .
                  Theres obviously not going to be any incentive for a prime elite boxer to go into MMA, but what difference would it make really? being in your prime isnt going to magically allow you to defend against kicks, takedowns and subs.

Comment

• When I heard McGregor was creating and endorsing a whisky brand instead of a protien drink or training equipment - after making a ton of money off the Mayweather fight(?).....I pretty much knew he succumbed to the silk pajama mindset...... training with any real desire to win became null & void a while ago.....funny thing though, I'm sure MANY people will still pay to see him "box" Pac......

Mayweather needs to relax, he created and manufactured a cocky persona, and cockiness is simply never appreciated by anyone, even if superb boxing comes with the package.....If humility can't even guarantee support and protection against jealous haters, what does Mayweather think his cockiness will do for him?! It gets fans watching in droves but not necessarily rooting for you....not everyone can get past the conceit part.....McGregor is just the same, having his humble moments here & there.....but his cockiness prevails, because he's also built his brand on it - even bringing hilarious moments mixed in with it.

Comment

The words " keyboard warrior" come to mind with this one.

Comment

Working...
                      X