Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your take on wives & kids attending fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your take on wives & kids attending fights?

I was rewatching the Cotto-Margarito fight and after Cotto takes a knee in devastating fashion the camera zoomed in on his ex wife who was holding his son and both were crying uncontrollably. Do you think family members should be in attendance and ringside for fights?

We have no right to meddle about these stuffs... It's their choice to watch their relative...

Comment

Thats their own business. And they should do whatever they feel is best for them & their family.

Me personally I'd definitely not want my kids there if I was fighting. With a wife/gf I think it depends on the woman, but I think I'd lean towards them not being there cuz I think I'd wanna focus on me & what I'm trying to do in the ring. I never understand these cats all hugged up with their girl right before a fight. I'd wanna get in Kill Mode before a fight not being lovey dovey.

Comment

Me personally if I was a boxer I wouldnt want my wife or kids there but thats me if you want your wife and kids there thats your choice and I see no issue with it.

As a fan though I like it when they bring their families, makes the fight more dramatic imo from the family angle.

Comment

All depends you may get a Tim Bradley situation and your spouse may not want to watch, maybe you get an Adonis Stevenson situation where you're in the hospital and the last thing your child remembers is when you didn't have brain damage. And then again you have Curtis Stevens and Kirkland to guys who get their faces caved in so much your spouse might divorce you because she doesn't want to be there in when you have to wear diapers at 45 years old.

Comment

A fight is no place for women and children

Comment

Up to them.

I do hate it when they zoom in on their reactions when their husband/father just got KTFO. Very tacky and disrespectful.

Comment

Personally, I feel that if the fighter is going to fight a dangerous fight where he can get KO'ed badly, it's better to not bring his family and witness it live.

Comment

If she can't get a babysitter, what can she do ? Wifey has to rep.

Comment

I'm not so up about kids, but I actually think that having the wife there may be important.

I mean, if the guy gets hurt and has to go to the hospital, his wife can go in the ambulance with him and tell the paramedics/doctors medical information about him and if worst comes to worst, she can be the one to make decisions about important decisions that sometimes have to be made when someone is unable to make them for themselves.

Comment

Working...
                    X