Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haney: Loma lost, no one at 135 needs to fight him.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pittsburgh_Kid View Post
    Just wondering how a loss to a guy who is considered as a great would ruin someone's career?

I get that a loss nowadays is terrible, but we seriously need to get over that mindset if we ever want to see the best fight the best. We will just continue to see garbage like this.
    Okay, maybe RUIN was a bad word to use but my thought behind using it was that since Lopez already got the W on Loma, a loss to Loma would set them further back behind Lopez. I don't think the guys are that far apart from Lopez. Lopez just had the opportunity to get with Loma and get the W before them. Loma is still a tough fight for anyone regardless.

Comment

The media's making it out like the guy forgot how to fight after losing a relatively close decision lol... It's not like Teofimo did him like Beterbiev did Gvozdyk.

How Lomachenko mentally rebounds from this will be what defines his legacy, not that loss. If he can figure out how to look good while boxing a power puncher, he could theroetically beat anybody at 135 or 130. All the IG kvetching and lack of a comeback fight on the horizon are not promising signs, though.

Comment

He seriously reminded me of Floyd in that interview. The problem is, he is a cheap Floyd imitation in the ring.

Comment

Is Lomachenko now Gamboa-level?
          Haney must have seen something in the Lopez fight
          that he now wants to avoid Vasily.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
            He left it to fight more established fighters. It's Haney's fault for taking a gift belt. Where is the glory in taking a belt you beat nobody for?
            That doesn't even make any sense. It was a mandatory. If he didn't want to fight his mandatories then he never should have fought for the WBC title.

How was Haney going to earn it by beating the guy with the belt when that boxer wouldn't fight him?
            Last edited by joseph5620; 01-23-2021, 03:05 PM.

Comment

I'm a bit of a Haney fan but the more he speaks the more BS he rolls out. Loma lost to 1 of the 4, Haney hasn't faced Loma or any of the other 3 let alone beat any of them.

I defend him and his gifted WBC belt but he is talking pure bollocks here. Loma very narrowly lost to the man seen as the man in the division now, Haney hasn't done much, Garcia hasn't done much and neither has Tank. Loma done more than all of them.

I don't know if it is spite talking for when he wanted to fight Loma for that belt rather than be handed it but this just sounds like more nonsense.

And that's not even to mention Loma would by some distance be the best name on Haney's resume at this point.

Comment

They are all afraid of Loma. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by DJS View Post
                  That attitude is why boxing is trash, 1 loss and you are done.
                  Two losses. Salidoe happened. Remember?

But Loma isn't done, now that's he been taken down a peg he has to earn his opportunities just like nearly every other fighter.

I guess the lesson is you shouldn't be such an arrogant prick when you've accomplished so little.

Comment

The Kid is looking more and more like he doesn't want to hear anything of Loma... Could look like assurance but it sounds and smells like fear...

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
                      Okay, maybe RUIN was a bad word to use but my thought behind using it was that since Lopez already got the W on Loma, a loss to Loma would set them further back behind Lopez. I don't think the guys are that far apart from Lopez. Lopez just had the opportunity to get with Loma and get the W before them. Loma is still a tough fight for anyone regardless.
                      Yeah i definitely agree with you here. Its a great division and hopefully we get to see the fights the fans want. In my opinion i think loma beats everyone else in the division. I think lopez has too much power for loma though. I want to see tank/loma to see if tank is for real. I dont think tank has ever had a real test.

Comment

Working...
                      X